Kicked for performing too many actions

Got kicked while running through Lunaris 3 after getting bugged out on the Piety fight.

At the time, I was holding the mouse button running in a straight-ish line.

I don't run any kind of 3rd party software.. I'm using a 15" MBP Retina with a Razer Mamba 2012.

Happened about 3-3:30pm PST or a bit prior.
Hey Durentis, what kind of latency were you at when this happened? And how long has you been running before this occurred? We'll investigate!
Balance & Design
Not sure.. was a bit choppy at the time, I think, but that's more likely fps related. I have things set a bit higher than they ought to be. My latency right now is about 80ms with the odd spike to 100ms. It's usually pretty solid.

It happened pretty soon after getting into Lunaris 3.. probably still the first section. Sorry, my memory is awful.. I should have grabbed a screenshot of the area when I got back in.
This is interesting, I just happened to run across this thread thanks to the Dev post tracker.

I used to get kicked every now and then with the to many actions message during closed but thought it was something that happened to everyone.

It have not happened in quite a while now though, probably not since about when I messed up the mouse wheel on my ...yep Razer Mamba 2012 and replaced it with a Steel series mouse.

I felt compelled to write in the thread after I saw you had a mamba Durentis, could possibly be something with the Razer software?
"
Kinne wrote:
It have not happened in quite a while now though, probably not since about when I messed up the mouse wheel on my ...yep Razer Mamba 2012 and replaced it with a Steel series mouse.

I felt compelled to write in the thread after I saw you had a mamba Durentis, could possibly be something with the Razer software?

I just checked to make sure, but I apparently didn't get around to installing the Razer software on this laptop so it's just running as an HID-compliant mouse. (Currently in wired mode.) I should get that fixed, but that's probably not the problem as I've been playing like this for quite some time.

The only thing I can think of that really makes sense to me is if it's related to getting permastunned in the Piety fight and having to Alt-f4. If the server tracks actions and it polls every, say, 30s and if it didn't wipe the number of actions from prior to the alt-f4, then when I logged in next I'd have a lot of actions (from before) but very little time signed in when it polled.

I dunno.. it just struck me as really odd and came out of nowhere. I haven't ever seen it before that I can recall. If I were to get kicked for too many actions, I'd expect it to happen while I'm spamming the mouse button on hoards of mobs but that doesn't happen (which suggests that we're allowed a lot of actions and only makes this more odd).

I'm sure it's just some rare edge case, but bugs in anti-cheating code are the worst kind because that code needs to be trusted as the ultimate proof of cheating when it triggers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info