Best Way to Determine Unique Values

"
Oh definitely always rely on PoE xyz religiously when determining values of any item!!

Once again you must use XYZ to price any and all items you encounter and if you don't may RNGesus curse you i

nto an eternal and inevitable war of price vs. offer!

(I was being sarcastic. XYZ sux. Bunch of sheeple posting their random guesses at value. You'd be better off putting images of currency on a dartboard and selling it for the first couple pictures you hit)

"XYZ is the worst way of pricing uniques, except for all the other methods which have been tried from time to time"

-Winston Farmhill, great leader of Oriath
Sell your items for whatever you think they should sell for.

Then every few days drop the price a bit.

If the price drops too low, Chaos recipe them or Vendor them.

Alternatively give away some of your common junk to beginning players and establish some new clients for your shop.

I understand the theory of selling stuff quickly but you have to have something in your shop to sell anyhow.

If you think an item is worth 1Ex, leave it there for a while, if it's actually worth 1EX someone will buy it.

Then if you drop the price by 1C every few days, eventually it will sell.
Last edited by RockGod on Sep 14, 2014, 11:41:23 PM
Keep it simple. 1 c for anything.
Last edited by ZomBBoognish on Sep 15, 2014, 12:41:00 AM
"

"
"
marco150 wrote:
Just one thing, the items in poexyz are the ones that not sell xD

Fail logic.

Actually it's well known and commonly accepted logic that there are groups of items that sit there listed at 1 ex that sell for nowhere near that and so they sit there forever as a "reference" that that item is worth 1 ex when really it is not xD

You imply that items on poexyz are there cuz they don't sell. That IS fail logic. Cut it up any way you like.
GGG didn't include price tags on anything. The 'value' is whatever each individual player feels it is. Nobody is wrong and nobody is right.

I feel everything in PoE is worth 1 chaos. I'm just as correct as the guy who thinks everything is worth 1 portal scroll. :)
"
RockGod wrote:
Sell your items for whatever you think they should sell for.

That's the hardest step to do. The "think" part requires some form of rationale.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
"
marco150 wrote:

Fail logic.

So, if you had a store that sells burger buns you would check what the next door burger joint sells them for and sell em just as high or higher then? Good luck making a profit if you use that kind of price making policy.
"
"
"
marco150 wrote:

Fail logic.

So, if you had a store that sells burger buns you would check what the next door burger joint sells them for and sell em just as high or higher then? Good luck making a profit if you use that kind of price making policy.

Stop trying to make this fail logic appear to make any sense.
If stuff on poexyz is stuff that doesn't sell than no one would use it.
Period. End of story. Fail logic.
"
marco150 wrote:

^. People trying to sell their 1c uniques for 1ex or more - use common sense.
In fact, you need to know how useful items are in the builds (current meta even) to determine their worth better.
Don't follow poe.xyz blindly, people see some items being put there for lots of currency, and think they can get just as much. TBH, when my stuff doesn't sell it less than a 2 weeks, I'm dropping their prices a little - it works perfectly.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info