Problem with Physical builds.

stack phys
use added fire
herald of ash

your "phys" build is now an elemental build.

when you build an elemental caster, you build around that specific element. phys, on the other hand ends up as a shipwreck with an amalgam of pseudo-elemental damage sources. Very immersion-breaking.

There are only 3 TRUE physical support gems (phys proj, inc melee, melee on full life)

why the heck is vulnerability blue? I mean, not even hybrid in requirements.

multistrike/spell echo are socket taxes, not build diversifiers.

I had a much nicer text to post, but forums is being an bitch, so I'll keep it short and colloquial.
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 15, 2014, 7:08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'd call it a caster problem, if anything. I like the adding of stray elemental sources, mostly those where you have to mix in several pieces and fortify the build in order to make it valid in late game.
Casters are more locked in singular directions.

Vuln. is likely blue for the same reason that masters don't allow the crafting of 140%'ish phys. It would be overpowered and singularly aimed at ohys attacks.
"
lucksickle wrote:
stack phys
use added fire
herald of ash

your "phys" build is now an elemental build.

Where's the non-physical damage coming from?

Oh, right, so it is a physical build.

"
lucksickle wrote:
There are only 3 TRUE physical support gems (phys proj, inc melee, melee on full life)

Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Iron Grip, Added Fire Damage, LGOH, Melee Splash, Chance to Flee, Additional Accuracy, Curse on Hit, Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage, Power Charge on Critical, IIQ, IIR, and Block Chance Reduction.

Only three? Come now, that's just a fucking fail troll.

"
lucksickle wrote:

why the heck is vulnerability blue? I mean, not even hybrid in requirements.

How does one detect an enemy's weakness? Through intelligence, not strength.

"
lucksickle wrote:
multistrike/spell echo are spell taxes, not build diversifiers.

Spell "taxes"? First off it can't be related to spells since Multistrike cannot apply to them and I don't see how it "taxes" them.

It is a must-have, but that's about it.

"
lucksickle wrote:
I had a much nicer text to post, but forums is being an bitch, so I'll keep it short and colloquial.

Then be prepared for more shit than usual, because everyone will assume you already have an attitude since you already do.

In short, you're saying all you want is shit and that means this is a troll thread. A bad one, at that.
Dont use added fire then...or herald of ash or any other ele adding skill...
"
Dont use added fire then...or herald of ash or any other ele adding skill...

Why shouldn't I? It's stupidly stronger, an autochoice.
"
Chiliconkarma wrote:
Vuln. is likely blue for the same reason that masters don't allow the crafting of 140%'ish phys. It would be overpowered and singularly aimed at ohys attacks.

I doubt it, elemental skills/spells are blue. Elemental weakness(es) are blue.

Projectiles are green. Projectile weakness is green.

Melee is generally red. Vulnerability is blue.
"
Natharias wrote:
Where's the non-physical damage coming from?

Oh, right, so it is a physical build.

Except you're dealing mostly elemental damage...
"
Natharias wrote:
Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Iron Grip, Added Fire Damage, LGOH, Melee Splash, Chance to Flee, Additional Accuracy, Curse on Hit, Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage, Power Charge on Critical, IIQ, IIR, and Block Chance Reduction.

Only three? Come now, that's just a fucking fail troll.

Attack speed, attack speed, that one is physical, elemental, life/attack, that might as well be phys too, that's global, that's attack, that's on hit, that's critical, that's critical, that's critical, magic find(legacy), magic find, and block reduction.

So yeah, physical supports end up being 4~5 What I meant there was more along the lines of added cold/cold penetration, etc. Iron grip >is< one I did skip up on though, and I guess melee splash could count too.
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 15, 2014, 7:21:04 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
How does one detect an enemy's weakness? Through intelligence, not strength.

Also by strength, try breaking a dent into your opponent's armour.
"
Natharias wrote:
Spell "taxes"? First off it can't be related to spells since Multistrike cannot apply to them and I don't see how it "taxes" them.

It is a must-have, but that's about it.

Yeah, that was a typo, I meant socket taxes, and you claiming them a "must-have" is an agreement.
Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 15, 2014, 7:21:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info