PC Insta Restarts far worse after Patch

The problem of my PC turning off as if power was pulled and then restarting when I went from one area to another has been nagging me for some time, but it had got to be only a minor annoyance happening occasionally.

After this patch it has happened far more often and even once when I was just near the exit and so still mid level and open to atack.

There is no dxdiag etc as it just powers down with no errors noted.

And Drakler please do not post here about how its a technical issue.
If it's not a technical issue then why are you posting in technical help???????

But it is a technical problem, the game can't shut off the PC unless there is something wrong with the PC, be that over heating, the GFX card packing in or other problems that it may have...it's just coincidental that PoE is the only thing that is currently doing it for you...i will show up more and more as time gose on and it will eventually happen on everything.

So, post your Dxdiag as per the forum guide lines which are stickied.
And check the event viewer for errors at the time of the last crash and post them here.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Its technical in that it is PoE causing this and technical for them. I and several other posters here have gone through this before so often about how it can be a game casuing the shutdown and how its not overheating anywhere and its ONLY PoE that causes this (some offering the evidence of monitoring programmes) and everytime I post its jumped on by someone claiming to know different.
did u check ur event logs?

i dont think poe has anything to do with restarts. and even if the event is listed in those logs. and there u find the reason why
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Well, I think, person who dont know what is dxdiag cant answer if its technical or none technical issue.

Go start>run> type Dxdiag - save the information as txt file copy the info and post it here under spoiler.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 12, 2014, 11:26:10 AM
Shooting from the hip, it may be a power supply or overheating issue.
The PoE engine is a computation hog, and it makes top spec'd rigs chug.
If you're running a system on the edge of it's capabilities, it is more likely to exhibit 'odd' behaviour like restarts and freezes as components are stressed beyond their performance envelope.

Try lowering graphics settings or running a lower resolution and see if that is more stable.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Sep 12, 2014, 12:03:52 PM
I didnt say I didnt know what dxdiag was but that it dint supply info. For about the thousanndth time its NOT overheating on my machine OR other peoples. As for systems on the edge of capacity. I actually set all my gfx details on minimums even though a Geforce 760 and latest Gen i-5 with a relevant power supply should cope with it on max easily as indeed it does with other games.

Not that theres much point in argueing. The devs havent deigned to comment on any post from anyone Ive seen with this problem even those that DO include full dxdiag etc. The latest patch has also made this far worse and the game unplayable so I can, and Im quite certain will be, forgotten about as I find another game to play unless some new patch fixes things !
"
Lynchet wrote:
I didnt say I didnt know what dxdiag was but that it dint supply info. For about the thousanndth time its NOT overheating on my machine OR other peoples. As for systems on the edge of capacity. I actually set all my gfx details on minimums even though a Geforce 760 and latest Gen i-5 with a relevant power supply should cope with it on max easily as indeed it does with other games.

Not that theres much point in argueing. The devs havent deigned to comment on any post from anyone Ive seen with this problem even those that DO include full dxdiag etc. The latest patch has also made this far worse and the game unplayable so I can, and Im quite certain will be, forgotten about as I find another game to play unless some new patch fixes things !

You can continue to believe whatever you want, but the "experts" are telling you what's really going on... and that is that PC Insta-restarts are NOT caused by games, or other "software". There are things in place in windows to protect them unless you have other issues going on with drivers, or hardware, or OS corruption.

That said, have you at least determined whether or not it is a HARDWARE reset vs something like a BSoD auto-restart?

In the default configurations of windows, I believe that a BSoD can cause an instant reboot. You should use BlueScreenView to determine if you're getting a BSoD or not. That can at least eliminate ONE possible scenario. If it is NOT a BSoD causing the reboot, then your issue is more likely a driver or hardware direct failure. This is something like overheating, undervolting, the PSU not handling the load, etc. There are a LOT of things that can cause an instant reboot. A "Game" isn't one of them.

So if we cannot determine directly what it is, then we attempt to narrow it down by determining what it is NOT... and we don't just make assumptions. We CHECK the things and get REAL data and REAL feedback so we can ascertain whether or not that could cause an issue.

If you actually want help to solve this issue possibly, you have to give some data and get some feedback, and rinse, repeat.

I could provide you another identical thread almost where users were swearing up and down that I was wrong, and that it was not a hardware issue... and guess what? It was a hardware issue.

So please do yourself a favor and just listen to us here and get some help for the problem. It's either that or you continue to complain and we begin to ignore you (or worse, people start arguing more with you and this whole thing derails).
Oh dear God... You creating pointless threads. Its your second one and none of two your threads contain full information about your PC. You dont want someone try to help you, just whine and nothing alse. There are many people who play this game and dont have such issue. You can continue to whine, but it will not help you to solve your problem.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
I did write a big response but it not worth it and people such as yourselves never change in your beliefs and certainties of being right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info