[solved] Severe FPS drops when not at full mana under linux/wine since 1.2.2

Hi, have also run into this problem. Game was more or less unplayable.

Upgrading to 1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface2 solved it. I am not seeing any artifacts. In fact, the game runs a lot smoother than it ever did on 1.5.28-PathOfExile.

I am on linux mint 16, with nvidia 319 drivers.

I tried nvidia 331 some time ago with 1.5.28-PathOfExile, but had random crashes, so I reverted the driver version.
I had the same problem, I was using Wine version 1.6.2. Using 1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface2 fixed it and a few other things like a brief pause when swapping out and levelling up skill gems.

I also get the glitchy character selection UI and the level loading splash screen is missing the artwork image. But they're just minor cosmetic issues, at least the game is playable. I'll try experimenting with other wine versions.

Thanks to the guy who found the solution.
GLSL must be set to disabled for endgame play, otherwise we get FPS drops when new spells are introduced.

Then, 1.7.19 starts to have the UI glitches. This did not used to be the case with 1.7.0 and lower. Unfortunately, whatever changed in 1.7.1+ also seems to be what causes the game to play nice now (with UI glitches, for example, see the waypoint menu from act 3 town....).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info