Avatar of Fire Burning Discharger

ty for ur answers!
:)
"
RF potentially helps due to multiplying spell damage by 59% at lvl 20. .

that can be better use a intelligence shield can give more spell damage to discharge.
definetly I go block nodes and increased burning nodes
int shield definitely gives damage. It isn't as safe as saffell's frame though due to the fact that saffell's adds spell block chance and +5% to max fire resist. It even adds a little extra with the added elemental damage it's thrown into the mix. Rise of the Phoenix on the other hand gives you the choice of running righteous fire.

RF adds much more damage than a max roll int shield due to the *more* modifier. Instead of adding this damage, you multiply it. For example, a spell shield can roll 79% increased spell damage. RF multiplies your total damage by 59% instead.

so lets say your tree and equips increase your total spell damage by 350%(very feasible). We'll also be making use of concentrated effect so we will factor this in.

3.5 + 0.79 = 4.29
4.29 x 1.69 = 7.251

Now we'll do it with righteous fire buff instead of an increased spell damage shield

3.5 x 1.59 = 5.565
5.565 x 1.69 = 9.40485

Righteous fire has a much larger effect on total damage output, as clearly seen here. Reflect danger is also dropped a bit due to the advantage of an 8% increase in the fire resistance cap.
oh!
very interesting point of view.
with saffels frame is posible run RF too..no?
To make saffell's frame work, you'd need an extra 3% life regen over running rise of the phoenix. You'd be spread too thin on points if you tried to aim for more life regen. It is however possible to run saffell's frame RF with a different build path, albeit a lot more expensive.
Just realized how stupid i've been. I just run frenzy now instead of power siphon. It automatically generates both frenzy and power charges. But yup, even more consistent damage
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 17, 2014, 2:05:55 AM
Beginning the task of leveling. Can make use of a couple different skills including but not limited to; fire trap (+30 dex nodes are necessary for this route), flame totem, and searing bond are all viable methods. Searing Touch staff is a huge plus.

Another popular route you can take involves making use of molten strike/2hander or dominating blow/megingord/fisters. taking the molten strike method myself.
Leveling appears to be very safe. Can take avatar of fire early if going the melee route, as both infernal blow and molten strike already convert 50% of damage to fire damage(increasing dps significantly if you make use of WED/curses)
Very happy with the build. Will be posting equips and going mor ein-depth with the guide soon.
nice
post added to bookmarks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info