Zana missions need balancing.

Kill double titan of the grove in ~3 minutes was by far the derpiest mission i ever got.
"
GingerBeast wrote:
Personally, I would rather the missions retain the same level of difficulty, but with out the timers.

I think that really would be perfect!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Timed missions... with tar :-(

If a Zana mission is not timed, I rarely die. The timed ones I've just come to accept not getting the points, and do not try to force the speed.

Especially annoying is the standing stone ones where the stones are clustered at the end.

The timed missions also penalise non-speed builds... I'd rather they went away, maybe replaced with more difficult map mods at times.
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 26, 2014, 3:30:56 PM
What really bugs me about Zana missions is not the occasional impossible timed mazelike map (it does a little though ;).

It's the level of maps she dishes out. It seems to entirely depend on her level, not on the level of the char you're using.

As someone who likes to level alts and rarely plays chars beyond level 80 this is really frustrating. I wouldn't mind to be awarded less rep for doing lower maps - as long as I get to play the char I currently like to play. Having to play the one that can handle the content she provides feels restricting in a bad way.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.
"
Xeledon2132 wrote:

As someone who likes to level alts and rarely plays chars beyond level 80 this is really frustrating. I wouldn't mind to be awarded less rep for doing lower maps - as long as I get to play the char I currently like to play. Having to play the one that can handle the content she provides feels restricting in a bad way.

That's true for all masters.

There's no point to even attempt any master mission below Merciless Difficulty while levelling up alts. At least for master progression, I still click Vorici/Tora/Elreon for free monsters/exiles to kill.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I am probably a minority in stating that Zana missions are just right, but most other Master missions are too easy. What is the point of missions you always succeed in?

The missions should be harder (so you fail them more often) but give more exp when you succeed.

Especially some of the pure drudgery missions (such as most Elreon missions) should be significantly beefed up (perhaps take the char level into account?).
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
I've yet to complete Zana's Timed Palace run. Maybe, I'll look for advice on that particular run.

The other timed runs haven't been an issue for my SRS build, to the same extent. Failing a daily - especially Zana - sucks pretty bad... but shouldn't it be that way? If there is a daily that is more difficult to complete than others, maybe GGG could balance such challenges with increased reward instead of simply nerfing the challenge. Having things to strive for is a good thing.
Where there's one they're bound to divide it right in two.
"
slatra wrote:
I've yet to complete Zana's Timed Palace run. Maybe, I'll look for advice on that particular run.

???

Most likely you will never again have this exact mission on this exact tile set.
It's all random, why would you need advice on this particular mission?

I'm with Flapdrol.
"
What is the point of missions you always succeed in?

More hard missions, please. For all masters.
Not 90% autowins, and then some impossible ones in between.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Flapdrol wrote:
I am probably a minority in stating that Zana missions are just right, but most other Master missions are too easy. What is the point of missions you always succeed in?

The missions should be harder (so you fail them more often) but give more exp when you succeed.

Especially some of the pure drudgery missions (such as most Elreon missions) should be significantly beefed up (perhaps take the char level into account?).

I would sign this.
1 portal for death tax lol
what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info