Zana missions need balancing.

Today I attempted 4-5 Zana missions, and failed 3 of them. All were undertaken in parties with 5 other level 70-80+ players, who knew their builds and functioned reasonably well. We either died due to some burst damage, ridiculous reflect affixes, or just some GG boss (double spiders, double Merveil). The ones we succeeded are usually corrupted monster hunts.

Now I won't consider myself an expert on any kind of gaming subject matter, but I am reasonably geared and this level of difficulty seems abit overturned. Zana missions are highly popular among parties, and to fail them leaves everyone crestfallen.

Does anyone feel the same way?
Just curious, but what would you suggest to attain the balance?

Personally, I would rather the missions retain the same level of difficulty, but with out the timers. Then again, that is across the board with all of the masters. I would rather feel like I am facing a challenge that will be doable, but will take my attention and effort, than know that I need to rush to the map boss (or assassination target for Vorici, or corrupted relics for Elreon, etc) and bypass everything else just so I can try and fight one (or two on double boss maps) boss(es).

While I do not necessarily disagree that they could use balance, I think the proper way to balance them would be to give the player the ability to complete the challenge in multiple ways by removing the timer form most of the missions, and keeping the over-all level of difficulty the same by buffing the mobs, or something like that. As it is now, players with slower kill speed but really high survivability are fucked. Not because they CAN'T kill the boss, but because they cant rush the end of a hedge maze map without taking a wrong turn at all and kill the boss in the short time.

Anyway, just my $0.02.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
The timer is fine as long as it gets extended whenever you kill mobs, though there are some pure countdown cases.

I find myself getting killed because the damage dished out is way beyond what I can leech. I'm typically untroubled unless there is reflect or the incoming damage is too bursty. And when there is reflect, I have to retreat every 2-3 hits, which is more tedious than challenging really.
I'd be satisfied if they just get rid of the timed missions, OR make them more feasible/possible. For example, timed kill dominus in palace map is imo impossible since the time runs out in the looooong wait for him to transform to his 2nd form (yes I copped that one).

I'd also like to see them get rid of fractured mod on Zana missions as my system can't handle it, but not too fussed as has been infrequent so far.
Timed missions with 75% resist to your element are retarded, especially flat time ones.
I think the Zana missions are fine as far as balance is concerned, they should be a challenge and put your skills (and gear) to the test. However I agree about the timed missions. Those can simply be impossible to complete, all it takes is a wrong turn or a long corridor that deads ends and mission failed. As long as that timer is upped with either loadstones or killing mobs I think that makes those missions much more doable.

The Fracturing mobs I would agree need to be looked at on Zana's missions though, as I've dc'd from almost all of them, when I normally don't dc any other time including regular fracturing maps. In fact I've dc'd more during Zanas missions than I have in the past year (or longer) of playing, even in her non-fracturing maps.

Overall though I think the fact that some of her missions will have double reflect, haste and extra damage mods makes up for the fact that she can give you really amazing and unique maps too. A fair trade imo.
Last edited by ElChivoDiablo on Sep 11, 2014, 11:18:46 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if they removed the timed missions. They're actually reasonably exciting and offer a degree of challenge I can appreciate. Can you sometimes fail some? Sure but it's something you can improve.

I do think the mods she offers need to be adjusted though. Having fractured as a map mod is fine but forcing it through Zana can be really unpleasant for people with bad computers. It also doesn't offer the huge quantity that would compel people to run fractured in the first place.

Double reflect is another example of something that should be extremely rare instead of the current situation where it's a common zana mission.
I had a physical + elemental reflect on one mission and was practically impossible for everyone in the party
Totally agree with this. Remove the timer from Zana's maps. Specially from daily missions, they are suppose to be special in the way that you need to do them once, but not to fail every single day in the row. Just because someone needs challenge, doesn't have to be timed one. Some things are just impossible to do and one of these things are timed maps and dailies from Zana.

How about you add a objective to kill all enemies in the maps, instead of timer?
"
Hayrich wrote:
We either died due to some burst damage, ridiculous reflect affixes, or just some GG boss (double spiders, double Merveil)

This is how you die in this game, or does those kinda things suprise you.. stop your Piety/Dom runs with a 80 character and do some killermaps instead?
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info