[1.2.2] Pyre-ST-CoC witch ( now with a bad quality video )

"
cho0py wrote:
Repurposed a lvl 54 witch for this a few days ago, it's going pretty well so far and I'm enjoying the build! When I was actually going to put points into the build, I saw the final build before the lvl 45 and 70 so my point allocation ended up a bit strange, but it's ok so far.
Thanks!

Hm I can understand that it is a bit confusing.
The Skilltrees at level 45 and 70 reflect my own leveling process.
I started at the beginning of the new league so i had not much to work with.

The main idea was to get into endgame with as little investment as possible.
So I leveled with the worst gear possible, that's why i took only the defensive notes first.

I had all defensive notes at around level 45, that's when i started to get the critical strike notes.
I would say that the critical strike chance for dagger "Nightstalker" helps the most.
The spell damage scales really well by itself, the most important part is to get as many spells out as possible.
The next notes should be "True Strike" because they benefit both the attack and spell cirt.
"Depth Perception" is the third step in crit notes.
Get "Annihilation" last.

Most people i talked to want to do the cast on crit action from early level on,
but this build really starts to shine when you have enough critical strike chance with attacks and enough attack speed.

I hope that helps a bit. I switched to Cast on crit at around level 70 when i have like 80% crit strike chance, and used self cast spells before that. So I can't really tell you much about the leveling process with Cast on Crit before lv70ish :/

But thank you very much for the feedback!
Really appreciate it!
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 20, 2014, 2:50:07 AM
Hmm I just ran 1st time into a Blackguard Arcmage that casted Lightning Thorns
At lv90 83% on a lv76 map...i guess they where usually dead before they could cast it or just do it very rarly ... well I died in less then 1 second :/

has any one an idea what i can do about it??

My ideas so fare are:
1) Keep an eye out for Blackguard Arcmage
2) Kill them slowly (?) so i don't get 100 thorns per second
3) Kill them fast before they cast thorns
4) Maybe Temporal Chains them and separate them from other mobs
5) Maybe go back to my stash and get a topaz flask

I'm a bit clueless, shocked and sad right now :(
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 20, 2014, 7:15:09 AM
This is my current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAx4HYwj0DkgPqxEPEZYWvx9BJpUqCyqNLR82PTbYOlhBlkkbTLNQMFM1VUtVxlcrXfJh4mNDakNrF2yMbRltbG-ecFJwVnDVdwd_xoMJhxOJ04wLjDaQG5UgmhObtZyknaqio6yYrrO1SLl8vOq9gsBUwfPDOspKy73Q9dte29TfiukC7FXssPFs8-r-sw==
I started out on my lvl 54 reset with with CoC and so far it's working great! I "only" have 46.2% crit chance unbuffed, and I don't shotgun all the time, but certainly often enough to be viable (and a crapton of fun!!)

+40% chance to block from those daggers is nice, as I was having health problems earlier.
Life regen is coming mainly from Assassin's Mark, with a very rare Cyclone+Life on Hit
Currently running Clarity and Haste, as that's all I can maintain atm.

I wondered, do you know what would provide the most benefit: Herald of Ice or Haste?
Skilltree looks a bit agrassive but okay
Can you run Arctic Armour without Eldrich Battery?
Also you took only very few Life notes, I guess you have a very smal life pool?

Well haste is good, I had some resistance problems because it's never easy with that many uniques, so i used purity.
I'd say Herald of Ice provides more benifit in the long run.
It reserves only 25% of your mana while Haste needs 60% and you don't get that much of a attack and movmentspeed increase for that.
You should maybe try to get a better dagger because the Ungil's are quite nice but a rare dagger can give you way more base crit and attack speed.
I did a quick searce and it is a bit harder to get a decent dagger on standard... http://poe.trade/search/omeseniinatoko starting at 5c but only two :/
Maybe altaration spaming an ambusher for about 25-30% increased crit chance, would be an option.
Or you can go a little lower on attack speed if you are on a budget
like http://poe.trade/search/asikobanonorim

And think about getting a shield, with life on it and maybe extra bock and run Tempest Shield.
Maybe a Crest of Perandus Pine Buckler (for 5 alteration) wouldn't be a bad idea at first. It has life lightning resi and 40% block chance, and with Tempast Shield you would have 44% block chance.

Also I leveled my Spectral Throw.
1) Because it is no problem with the high mana regeneration you need for Arctic Armour anyway.
2) Because you can vendor it with a gcp when it hits lv20 to get 10% increased attackspped
3) Because why not, you get a little bit more damage, that can't be wrong ;)
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 21, 2014, 10:06:51 PM
Hey man looks like a great build. Ive got a 68 witch with a full passive respec and looking to make a CoC build. Can you make a video of this build doing dom merci??
"
AlyMarsh wrote:
Hey man looks like a great build. Ive got a 68 witch with a full passive respec and looking to make a CoC build. Can you make a video of this build doing dom merci??

I tied my best, but somehow I'm really bad at recording videos...
anyway I hope this shows the general idea, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecdXkPGQE4&list=UUhMG1ZhkEjBeG4oOyWy_nXAhttps://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enDE547DE547&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=video+capturing&spell=1

Feel free to give me any advise on recording xD!
<3ggg
Did you ever think of grabbing a corrupted amulet with the +1 additional curses on it to save 6 extra skill points? Just an idea. You could essentially pick up Throat Seeker, Charisma (for auras), Wall of Thorns, Deflection, or Nightstalker for the added dagger crit chance. Just an idea possibly. Unless you want that extra AoE for the curses. Either way, Nice build.
yeah well a corrupted amulet with the +1 additional curses is a nice thing
however it is not so easy to come by. This stat is so rare !

look how many chayulas I bricked on standard without getting the +1 curse

Spoiler

i gave up and bought one in the end

and a good amu is not easy to get eighter - both together is like impossible :/

<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 24, 2014, 1:10:45 PM
That build is looking really interesting and funny.

One question though: what's the benefit of using dagger+spectral throw over wand+barrage?
Wouldn't the latter procc more often than the dagger variant?
"
kuramot0 wrote:
That build is looking really interesting and funny.

One question though: what's the benefit of using dagger+spectral throw over wand+barrage?
Wouldn't the latter procc more often than the dagger variant?

Good Question!

1) Spectral Throw has a build in 100% pierce and cover a huge area (large packs or different mobs that stay apart of each other) especially with the increased projectile speed from the tree ( namely 10% from "Sniper" and 20% from "Ballistic Mastery") which is also very nice with the projectile speed of the spell projectiles.

2) Hit and Run ! you can throw dagger into a pack and run away, CoC will cast tones of spells while you move away from the mobs. Or you throw dagger into a pack and use Whirling Blades to dive very close to the pack and shotgun everything, or a specific mob like rares bosses and exiles. Then you can run or Whirling Blade right through the pack, maybe throw even more dagger behind you into the same pack (should anything still be alive) and both the first Spectral Throw and the second will hit multipul times and proc CoC very very often. Then you run to the next pack and repeat but this time the two Spectral Throws from the first pack will return to you and hit the second pack for even more CoC action :D

3) You can position yourself right in front of a boss (or rare mob/exile) and throw dagger so that they will hit not only the boss but also many targets (trash mobs) that stand behind the boss. Coc Will trigger like mad and all the spell projectiles will explode on the boss and shotgun him but will not hit the trash mobs, there for CoC will continue to trigger until the boss is dead and then clear of the trash mobs.

4) With a dagger you can use Whirling Blades!

It's a play style choice most of all.
With wand+barrage you can only stand on a spot and hit a single target. Or you will have to use something like pierce, fork or chain which all don't synergies with either Fireball or Arctic breath in my opinion. Because the AoE explosions is so power full but pierce, fork and chain checks come before the explosion so the projectiles will explode randomly or not at all.

However, if you have just a single mob it is easier to proc CoC with wand+barrage. That's one of the reasons why dagger+spectral throw is not that ideal for the Atziri fight.
<3ggg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info