PvP Damage formula's

Bear traps are not one of the skills that have their PvP damage extremely nerfed. So while disparate PvP scaling is worrisome in general, it shouldn't be particularly worrisome for the build you have in mind.

If you watch videos of Hege during the HLD tournament, bear traps are obviously strong enough to 1-shot you if build it properly.

I highly recommend choosing crit/multi over base phys damage nodes because crit scales obscenely harder than base phys with respect to overall damage.

"
MullaXul wrote:
Everyone hege fought including myself didn't approach the traps properly. They tried to just beat him with range and anticipating where he may have tossed bear traps. I was under geared and couldn't destroy them. Traps though very viable, when approached properly (tedious duels) aren't top tier PvP builds. As for multi bear trap, yep that's a solid option. He used to use multi back in the day. Perhaps he just wanted to use the most dmging version at all times relying on the fact they are still hard to anticipate and no one destroyed them we enough.

+1

That was my first time fighting against a bear trapper so I was kind of caught with my pants down. Have some ideas for next time, though ;)
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Last edited by Bhai on Sep 10, 2014, 3:08:39 PM
"
Bhai wrote:
Bear traps are not one of the skills that have their PvP damage extremely nerfed. So while disparate PvP scaling is worrisome in general, it shouldn't be particularly worrisome for the build you have in mind.

If you watch videos of Hege during the HLD tournament, bear traps are obviously strong enough to 1-shot you if build it properly.

I highly recommend choosing crit/multi over base phys damage nodes because crit scales obscenely harder than base phys with respect to overall damage.

"
MullaXul wrote:
Everyone hege fought including myself didn't approach the traps properly. They tried to just beat him with range and anticipating where he may have tossed bear traps. I was under geared and couldn't destroy them. Traps though very viable, when approached properly (tedious duels) aren't top tier PvP builds. As for multi bear trap, yep that's a solid option. He used to use multi back in the day. Perhaps he just wanted to use the most dmging version at all times relying on the fact they are still hard to anticipate and no one destroyed them we enough.

+1

That was my first time fighting against a bear trapper so I was kind of caught with my pants down. Have some ideas for next time, though ;)

As melee it can be tough that has to be close them(and they can camp on their traps) however I know how to counter, but i am impatient so pretty much just rush their and die either way. If I actually want to win I am pretty sure I can
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
Bhai wrote:

"
MullaXul wrote:

+1

As melee it can be tough that has to be close them(and they can camp on their traps) however I know how to counter, but i am impatient so pretty much just rush their and die either way. If I actually want to win I am pretty sure I can

Ya clever construction makes traps a very tedious duel for melee. You need to time your shit right and pick your openings well. Arc is still viable for breaking them if you're good with it. Cyclone with a lot of aoe range and leap are also good options. Leap is better then cyclone for the obvious reason you can still do it while snared.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info