[1.2] Rampage SlickMcgee's Detonate Dead Build

I was looking for a guide for a 1.2 guide for Detonate Dead that talked about killing Atziri but couldn't find one, so I figured it out myself. This is just going to be a brief guide, but if there is any demand for more info I will update the post.

The following gear and gems cost me somewhere between 4 - 6 exalt.

Gear at first atziri kill

Uniques

Combining the Rumi's flask with Saffels Frame gives me 70% spell block and is a big reason why I am able to kill Atziri.

Much of my physical Defense comes from Lightning Coil. I eventually plan on getting a 6L and moving Detonate dead from my helm to Lightning Coil. I will add the Increased burning damage gem.

Rime Gaze is a piece that I am only using temporarily as an extremely cheap 5 link. I will eventually be replacing it with a good rare item, preferably with high ES and Armour.

The two Doryani pieces are not mandatory for the build, but they are best in slot.

Bandits

Oak, Kill, Kill

Leveling

Not much to be said about leveling. Use the build I linked above. Go in whatever order you want as long as the point go towards either health and fire/ele damage nodes.

Do not use detonate dead to level. I got a chest with as many links as possible and used flameblast til about level 60. I made the switch to DD then but probably could have waited a little bit longer.
Last edited by Slickmcgee on Sep 15, 2014, 6:42:51 PM
how is the damage without doryanis post-nerf? I want to make one on beyond but there's literally only one doryani in the league afaik. Also I was thinking about maybe replacing chance to ignite with faster casting or even echo after the huge quality cast speed nerf. You can get like 20% chance to ignite from the tree alone so with ele prolif burns should still trigger every time
As for damage without Doryani's, I think you would be ok. Not great, but Ok. I would not replace chanced to ignite with either faster casting or spell echo, especially against bosses with a limited amount of dead mobs to blow up. I normally run out of bodies and find myself waiting on the desecrate cooldown so no need for FC or SE.
Updating my gear and gems. A lot more at 20% quality. Will be getting 20% arctic armour and descecrate soon. They are leveling in offhand. Switched the gems around in my shield. Searing bond didn't do much damage and this adds some survivability. Been trying and failing to 6L my chest. Once I do and then replace my helm I am attempting uber atziri. With the new helm I will get it will hopefully put my resistances high enough that I can ignore a refelected ele weakness so I can keep the curse up the entire fight.

Last edited by Slickmcgee on Sep 15, 2014, 2:52:50 PM
Can you do a video?
"
Victor_nz wrote:
Can you do a video?

^

Been interested in this as well. Basically a Fire Trap build but slightly different. Was wondering how it stacked up against Fire Trap.

Now i'm not one of those people thats like.. Well if Fire Trap does more dmg this is shit. I'm just interested in the pros/cons compared to it.

Last edited by Vandenreich on Sep 16, 2014, 1:35:59 PM
I'm at work right now. I'll post a video when I get home. What map would you like to see?
"
Slickmcgee wrote:
I'm at work right now. I'll post a video when I get home. What map would you like to see?

Ooh anything is fine really. Just interested to see how it plays. Not really interested that much in how good it is or anything. If it looks fun, ill play it.
Raincheck on the video. I need to figure out how to get it to work but I have class today. Maybe later in the week.
"
Slickmcgee wrote:
Raincheck on the video. I need to figure out how to get it to work but I have class today. Maybe later in the week.

Take your time man. RL comes first. Ill check this topic here and there anyway ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info