[BEYOND] Ice Shot ProlifAcroEvaOndarsCoil build!!

"
Isdp wrote:
Only thing i dont get with that build is.. why not just go fire arrow / prolif.

Iceshot pierce mechanic is that good ?

I believe the answer is that with burning arrow, you have to go avatar of fire to get 100% conversion of your physical damage. With Iceshot, 100% of your physical becomes cold on all but the initial mob that gets hit, so you get big proliferates without the need to go AoF. Plus yea, the ice shot pierce is a lot of extra aoe damage.

Edit: also, since we're running 3 dragons, hatred now adds to your burn prolif, which is much better than HoA or anger.
Last edited by Lucy1nTheSky on Sep 12, 2014, 3:24:28 PM
Loving the build so far, but as someone asked earlier. How in the world are you supposed to sustain this? I'm leveling up with 5% mana leech total and I'm still mana starved a lot.
This build simply doesn't work with Lightning Coil. He says to get Lightning Coil as it is essential for a HC league. But since LC has lightning damage, you will shatter mobs on crit. No one arrow full clear due to ignite proliferation will happen.

He seems to have abandoned this thread. The spec is good and touches on the survivability nodes that are necessary for Beyond. But his itemization sucks. He must have realized that once he got lightning Coil his clear speed basically doubled or tripled without the ignite prolif (if he were solo). He abandoned this thread because he knew that was the fatal flaw in his build. It simply doesn't work well with any lightning damage. The clear speed is very slow, especially if you are doing maps and want to kill every single little mob.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Haderach99 wrote:
This build simply doesn't work with Lightning Coil. He says to get Lightning Coil as it is essential for a HC league. But since LC has lightning damage, you will shatter mobs on crit. No one arrow full clear due to ignite proliferation will happen.

He seems to have abandoned this thread. The spec is good and touches on the survivability nodes that are necessary for Beyond. But his itemization sucks. He must have realized that once he got lightning Coil his clear speed basically doubled or tripled without the ignite prolif (if he were solo). He abandoned this thread because he knew that was the fatal flaw in his build. It simply doesn't work well with any lightning damage. The clear speed is very slow, especially if you are doing maps and want to kill every single little mob.

have you played this build past 75 maps? let me guess. no you didnt, yes you will shatter mobs, but only low hp low res mobs, that would die with one hit anyway, you still prolif, alot, clearspeed doesnt slow down at all, but you will survive alot more with a lightning coil, with ondars + lc you can shoot at double phys reflect all day long, which you cant without and its a semi AA which mitigates alot of phys dmg which alot of dodge/eva builds fear in the first place. This build is not all about ignite prolif, its about the synergy between prolifing shock/ignite to kill packs faster, which doesnt change in the first place.

i did atziri today, still oneshotting packs no problem, one shot is one shot. [Removed by Support]

he didnt abonded this thread, maybe wanna visit his stream and see hes doing alot of 24h marathons lately? also he stated if you have questions, thats the first place you get answers.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Sep 14, 2014, 1:56:46 AM
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
"
Haderach99 wrote:

have you played this build past 75 maps? let me guess. no you didnt, yes you will shatter mobs, but only low hp low res mobs, that would die with one hit anyway, you still prolif, alot, clearspeed doesnt slow down at all, but you will survive alot more with a lightning coil, with ondars + lc you can shoot at double phys reflect all day long, which you cant without and its a semi AA which mitigates alot of phys dmg which alot of dodge/eva builds fear in the first place. This build is not all about ignite prolif, its about the synergy between prolifing shock/ignite to kill packs faster, which doesnt change in the first place.

i did atziri today, still oneshotting packs no problem, one shot is one shot. you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

he didnt abonded this thread, maybe wanna visit his stream and see hes doing alot of 24h marathons lately? also he stated if you have questions, thats the first place you get answers.

maybe before giving your 2cents you should actually try a build before posting shit about it you obviously have no clue about.

[Removed by Support] Even Raiz stated IN BOLD LETTERS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY LIGHTNING DAMAGE IN YOUR GEAR. Yet he has lightning damage in his gear. Here's what is missing: when you do his those huge crits, you instantly shatter the mobs preventing a chain reaction of ignite proliferation. I've killed an multiple packs, then Beyond mobs pop up and they instantly die from the prolif'd ignited. That can't happen with Lightning Coil.

I have both Lightning Coil and Belly of the Beast and the difference in clear speeds is ridiculous. The ENTIRE POINT OF 3 DRAGONS IS TO PROLIF IGNITE USING THE BENEFIT OF COLD DAMAGE AND HATRED SCALING AND GETTING SHOCK STACKS WITH HERALD OF ASH. If you do not, then you have just a standard, generic build using Iceshot and Trap Puncture with the standard spec and standard gems. If you use Lightning Coil, there is ZERO POINT in using Three Dragons. [Removed by Support] This build has ALL THREE ELEMENTAL DAMAGE IN IT. The entire point of Three Dragons build is NOT to use all three elements.

[Removed by Support] His build simply doesn't make sense. Remove Three Dragons and it makes more sense. It's a terrible item if you use all three elements.

p.s. If Raiz wants to come here to correct me, then fine. But this is the OFFICIAL PoE Forum, not his private sub stream forum. So please stop using whatever "stream" excuse people have been using in this thread.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Sep 14, 2014, 1:57:31 AM
"
Haderach99 wrote:

p.s. If Raiz wants to come here to correct me, then fine. But this is the OFFICIAL PoE Forum, not his private sub stream forum. So please stop using whatever "stream" excuse people have been using in this thread.

LOL calm down. It's not an excuse, it's the reason: He is a streamer. Raiz (or any player) isn't obligated to answer any questions, to anyone, about anything, period. What does it matter if this is the official PoE forum? He made a thread for his build info in the Ranger class forum in order to link it to his stream viewers...deal with it.

Also, re: You not liking the Lightning Coil: Deal with it. Don't run it if you can't handle -ANY- mobs shattering...it's not that big of a deal and is a serious mitigation technique for HC. Deal. With. It.

"
Even Raiz stated IN BOLD LETTERS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY LIGHTNING DAMAGE IN YOUR GEAR. Yet he has lightning damage in his gear. Here's what is missing: when you do his those huge crits, you instantly shatter the mobs preventing a chain reaction of ignite proliferation.

Actually he doesn't state IN BOLD LETTERS THAT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY LIGHTNING DAMAGE, he states you should AVOID having lightning damage. I'm sure that while the chance to shatter is bad, the Lightning Coil's positives out-weight it's negatives.

You want answers; go on his stream and watch him play the build.
Last edited by mmmBacon on Sep 15, 2014, 12:58:11 PM
"
Haderach99 wrote:

Didnt have time to check this topic because im currently moving. please dont make stupid assumptions im still playing the build whenever i can stream :) The lightning coil is not a problem at all in 76 + maps. The roll from coil is so random you always have a prolif happening. However before endgame it is a problem. You can play it without the coil but i always do stupid shit so i prefer to have that mitigation just in case. My builds are always endgame with lvl 95 + in mind. You can use a belly of the beast and avoid the shock prolif nobody is forcing you to do anything. And in 66 maps that might be a better choice. I would personally still prefer a carcass jack or high evasion chest if i felt like the lightning coil was a problem. Too many people think that life = survivability and die on their 10k + hp builds.
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Sep 15, 2014, 5:49:19 PM
"
Moralltach wrote:
holy hell this thing is mana hungry - you took no mana nodes, not even Revelry - how in the hell do I sustain this?

2 % mana leech + lvl 20 reduced mana is enough.
IGN - RaizQT
Coild you weigh in the pro/con (if there is any pro at all) of going with Weapon Ele damage over increase critical damage? I have a quality WeD 17% which I was thinking on using. Especially considering coloring the Lightning Coil to have no red must take forever.

EDIT: answered me on twitch, thanks. Crit so important not even physical proj dmg is used... haha
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Sep 17, 2014, 6:05:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info