congrats shadowthefall, icu lives

Congratz!!

I hope that there will be a VOD OF all THE matches so that de can See what PvP is really like!
that way the pvp community will groß for shure
"
GreenDude wrote:
We played all matches within the 3 hour limit that i specifically said at the start of the event.

If when I said the event would take 3 hours, you knew you could not stay, you should have told me. What happened is you knocked someone out and then left, which is very unfortunate for them.

3 hours is more than reasonable for a tournament. I am sure I could have reduced it to 2, maybe 2hrs 30 mins realistically, so im not denying there is room for improvement. But having a tourney in 1 hour (as your suggesting) is not really fun for viewers (had this been livestreamed). We kept 1800 viewers tuned in for 3 hours (during the invitational) then we began the SC tourney and kept over 1k for another 3 hours.

Remember that if it was livestreamed (this was only a test event so it was not) viewers would expect to see all matches so running two matches at a time would take away from their experience (even if this means you as a player only play one to three times in 3 hours.

I think 3 hours is a great time for the tourney and i will always strive to respect the 3 hour mark and never exceed it. It may have been possible to start the event one hour sooner (like the invitational) so that Europeans can sleep an hour sooner. However it is impossible to please all time zones and I figured that on a saturday night, it wouldn't be as bad. But I stand by the duration of 3 hours because a tournament that lasts for only 1 hour would be boring to watch as a viewer.

I appreciate any and all feedback; however I feel like you (missuse) knew what you were getting into and should have said something to me instantly because you left a player in the dust when you eliminated him and walked away.

No hard feelings though. I hope i don't come off as angry or upset. I kinda figured it may happen eventually but the show must go on. Maybe I should be more clear and double check with everyone individually.

As for the event; I think it went fine despite being solo on the technicalities. HLD is surprisingly fun to watch and has its own balance. Sure it is not perfect, but man some of those matches were outstanding and kept me excited til the end. I wouldn't mind setting something up for HLD that's a little more official, maybe by adding the event to our official tournaments list.

Yes, I regret knocking a clan mate out and then leaving, its quite bad and Dub has a right to be annoyed. I did not plan to do so. I will not participate in further events if I am not 100% sure I will be able to play till I am defeated. This means I will not participate at all since 3h in a row is not acceptable for me. I am just never able to connect as much due to my irl priorities.

As for saying something to you, about my worries on the event time/length I already expressed this in my sign-up PM:

"
missuse wrote:
As an additional remark: due to the fact the tournament is very late in my time zone (1 am) and because of my IRL schedules I am not 100% sure I will be able to participate, but I will try my best.
Thank you,

after 1 h of waiting after my first match vs Dub, in which time just two match-ups were finalized, and seeing that there were 3 more matches to partake before it was my turn again I decided I will not sacrifice my plans with family today so I could be awake at 4 am to play.

I am not trying to find excuses, rather just explain my situation. You did make it clear it will last about 3 h when it started.

Apart from me leaving and several dudes not shoving up, the tourney went quite well imo. Thanks for hosting. Hope this kind of thing becomes regular.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Sep 7, 2014, 6:13:14 AM
Grats Shadow! I knew i wasn't going to get beyond round 2 when i saw his name on the list. Probably one of the worst matchups for my build

Also big thanks to Greendude for organizing this.

Sadly I wasn't able to play against more people, there were quite a few people that i have never played against, maybe next time..
Can you please upload a link to the video recorded? I was sleeping at that time, and I miss the chance to see the tournament. Please upload a link to the recorded video?
IGN: Atheanasirus
"
Acadius wrote:
Can you please upload a link to the video recorded? I was sleeping at that time, and I miss the chance to see the tournament. Please upload a link to the recorded video?

here's hegomony's full stream http://www.twitch.tv/hegemonytv/b/565901580
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Gz Shadow!

I had fun in the tournament although I only got to play 1 match it was a good overall experience and I enjoyed watching the other matches throughout the night. Something that I think would be fun if we had enough people and enough time would be to do a group play style tournament. Where people get put into groups of 4-6 and the top 1-2 people in that group advance that way someone isnt knocked out after fighting just 1 person and people get a chance to play a lot more matches. Something like this might have to be broken up into multiple days after seeing how long the last tournament took.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Yea it seems like I may not have been clear enough that this was a beta event for me. It takes a lot of effort to organize what we did for the LLD guys and I didn't want to put the effort in without first seeing how HLD performs in a tourney environment.

LLD guys had qualifiers. They got to play against every single other person and then rank up in a ladder.

Then when they appeared in the tournament we structured it like the NHL's Stanley Cup:

1st against 8th
2nd against 7th
etc

This way the best wasn't put against the second best instantly. It turned out great and the matchups were extraordinary til the end.

Of course in this event we had no qualifier and I did not know who are the best players. I simply entered all the names and it randomized the brackets.

This means that a losers brackets for the invitational made no sense whereas it did make sense for this tourney (although impossible due to trying to keep it under 3 hours max). Having a losers bracket means doubling the amount of matches and therefore time.

It was a lot of trouble at the beginning to get the matches underway because some players were confused at the entire process. I am of course at fault here. Things I learned that could have easily made things smoother:

-You need a merciless char to spectate merciless.
This forced me to log onto my main account and not have everyone on the friendlist. I forgot that for HLD, playing in merciless is very important otherwise you could cap your chaos and other res with fewer pieces of gear

-You do not need to be in the same instance. Both players just need to challenge each other from anywhere and the gateway will default to the guy who initiates the challenge. Waiting for them to join instances took a lot of down time.

-I should have made it more clear that I need to tell you when you challenge so I can spectate and record. Some players had begun their next match without my consent. I had to do a lot of multitasking so it was very time consuming when I would alt-tab back to the game and see the guys playing match 2 without me and having to cancel said match. This is an issue I had not run into during LLD tourneys.

Also I have begun uploading a video. It took me awhile to convert all videos in an appropriate file type and with proper video settings. Now I will be editing the videos on my down time and queueing them for upload. The first one is up on the playlist and you should have them all availible to you in the next 3-4 days: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoW3CZkpXGhc17mfAF-XHlcovVJ3yi3H9

Keep in mind today (in a couple hours) is the state of exile podcast which will have willy and myself as guests and we will talk about pvp. You guys should tune in!
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 7, 2014, 1:42:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, just your willing to organize something like this without even ever participating in this sort of PVP is mind-blowing for me.

Yea it could have been better! What couldn't have?
Was it good for a first test? It was finished, there was a winner and 2nd and 3rd places. Many people watched and many will. Some thought it was entertaining, I am sure it was entertaining for the players as well during the fights.

GG
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Just my opinion but I feel playing on Cruel should be the norm. Diablo2 top pvp matches were played tournament style on Nightmare. To reduce the -resistance stacking of certain elements i.e cold damage and cold mastery. Plus limited useable items to compensate without making anything overly weak nor overly broken. The fact PoE already has limited items to deal with situations and stacking chaos resistance isn't easy it almost works out the same way. Elemental penetration gems are still a flat reduction to max resistance anyways so nothing changes there. + to max resistance would be the same in or outside of Merciless. Just my opinion, playing on Merciless is fine too but I feel Cruel would provide a better balance. I could go deeper into this by discussing builds,gear and chaos more but I don't think its necessary.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
I just hope next tourney can be a bit earlier(Started midnight for EU), which isn't really too late for sure, but it will end up at 3am and if you're having stuff do to morning after it can be tough to stay through the whole thing
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info