congrats shadowthefall, icu lives

Tonights HLD winner

Good game from all participants
Thanks hege for streaming
Thanks greendude for hosting

But please next time little earlier, did end 3am for eu

Edit; Link to hegomony's stream http://www.twitch.tv/hegemonytv/b/565901580
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Sep 7, 2014, 8:05:59 AM
Grats to the top 3. A big thanks to everyone who participated. A big thanks to hege for livestreaming it.

The vods will be up ASAP.

Feel free to use this thread for feedback on the tourney (keep in mind this was a 'test' event for fun, to see if there is a balance on HLD and if its worth making more events there)
IGN: @GreenDude
i don't play with this tourament. w/o

congratulations for winers
http://twitch.tv/katmpb
Last edited by KatMPB on Sep 6, 2014, 10:15:28 PM
"
KatMPB wrote:
i don't play with this tourament. w/o

congratulations for winers

How come you didn't show up? We waited a bit for you.
cool tournament, learned a lot, look forward to the next one, gz all
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
"
KiPad wrote:
cool tournament, learned a lot, look forward to the next one, gz all

+1

Hope the next one is soon! (once a month?)
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

damn was watching x files and completely forgot about that QQ

I want to see the vods soon :)

congrats to the winners
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
gratz to shadow on the win!

Ty for hosting G-dude.

sorry I left before ending, but it was just too late, I could not hang on anymore.

One problem I see is the big pause between matches of one player, a relatively easy solution is to introduce one more host (anybody with free time that's trustworthy) so two matches can be run in parallel (at least up to semifinal). This would reduce wait time and bring more dynamics. If it was organized like this I would probably stick around longer, but playing one match-up in 2 h is a but frustrating, especially in the dark of night.

On another note, what is your opinion on HLD G-dude? Would u be willing to host more events like this?
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
We played all matches within the 3 hour limit that i specifically said at the start of the event.

If when I said the event would take 3 hours, you knew you could not stay, you should have told me. What happened is you knocked someone out and then left, which is very unfortunate for them.

3 hours is more than reasonable for a tournament. I am sure I could have reduced it to 2, maybe 2hrs 30 mins realistically, so im not denying there is room for improvement. But having a tourney in 1 hour (as your suggesting) is not really fun for viewers (had this been livestreamed). We kept 1800 viewers tuned in for 3 hours (during the invitational) then we began the SC tourney and kept over 1k for another 3 hours.

Remember that if it was livestreamed (this was only a test event so it was not) viewers would expect to see all matches so running two matches at a time would take away from their experience (even if this means you as a player only play one to three times in 3 hours.

I think 3 hours is a great time for the tourney and i will always strive to respect the 3 hour mark and never exceed it. It may have been possible to start the event one hour sooner (like the invitational) so that Europeans can sleep an hour sooner. However it is impossible to please all time zones and I figured that on a saturday night, it wouldn't be as bad. But I stand by the duration of 3 hours because a tournament that lasts for only 1 hour would be boring to watch as a viewer.

I appreciate any and all feedback; however I feel like you (missuse) knew what you were getting into and should have said something to me instantly because you left a player in the dust when you eliminated him and walked away.

No hard feelings though. I hope i don't come off as angry or upset. I kinda figured it may happen eventually but the show must go on. Maybe I should be more clear and double check with everyone individually.

As for the event; I think it went fine despite being solo on the technicalities. HLD is surprisingly fun to watch and has its own balance. Sure it is not perfect, but man some of those matches were outstanding and kept me excited til the end. I wouldn't mind setting something up for HLD that's a little more official, maybe by adding the event to our official tournaments list.
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 7, 2014, 4:07:30 AM
Looking forward to see the vods, congrats to shadow for winning, i will hopefuly participate in next tournament
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info