[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
tatarjj wrote:
I decided to try out puncture-trap, and to my surprise it seems to be a truly pathetic skill. I could attack the boss with regular attack and do much more damage. That is, if the trap even damages the boss at all. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Currently, to evaluate puncture-trap, I have lvl 20, 20% quality puncture linked to trap+trap damage+point blank. The support gems are all around level 11 ish, currently, but that shouldn't make enough of a difference to make this skill not totally suck ass (which it does). I could put it in a 5-link but I don't want to screw up the socket colors for the 5-link Blast Rain I use (which requires three off-color linked sockets) on such a crappy skill.

WTF am I doing wrong?!?! I was fighting Oak (or whatever the guy is that does leap slam) on a lvl 75 Zana daily... very easy for this character, normally. Not with puncture-trap! The traps wouldn't even TRIGGER 90% of the time, even when I threw them in the guy's face. Like for the first two minutes I just ran around in circles trying to make a trap trigger at all. He'd stand right beside them and they would do NOTHING. Finally, when I got one to trigger, it took of a grand total of like 5-10% off of his life. After about 3 or 4 minutes of this crap, I just gave up and tornado-shotted him down in three or four seconds (my unbuffed TS does 32k dps... with buffs it's between 38k and 90k).

I also tried puncture-trap on an armory map, another ridiculously easy map for this character's level and gear, but I wanted to evaluate the puncture trap skill. So, I get the boss, and start trying to use puncture trap on him. He's the blackguard guy with the big energy shield. Well, anyway, again, it made an easy boss look hard. He's sitting there, dropping a fairly weak firestorm down on me, but he's actually out-dpsing my puncture traps. So, again, I just blew him up with my regular skills and moved on.

I am using a legacy Reach of the Council, so my traps shoot more than one arrow. Could the trap damage be bugged and getting divided amongst the arrows or something? Yes, I'm "reaching" for an answer, but I can't understand how traps could be so highly touted yet suck so very badly, so the best conclusion I can come to is that my weapon is somehow bugged or- most likely- that I'm doing something wrong.

Puncture is dead. Was only truly good against Atziri.

Welcome your new Overlord:

Tried Barrage but my TS was doing more damage is it normal?

Which gem would you leave out in a 5 link?
"
tatarjj wrote:
Can you guys explain why poison is so good? From what I've read, it just adds a DOT for 8% more damage. So what? Even if it "double dips", whatever the hell that means, you still need to multiply that by like 3X before it's actually better than Physical Projectile Damage or Faster Attacks!

Also, I have a legacy Reach of the Council. Excuse my noobishness, but why in the world would it be better for poison than other bows? It's not like it has some mod that says "does extra poison damage" or anything. It's just got a free GMP without the damage penalty- very nice, but not something that screams "POISON!". There obviously must be some kind of game mechanic that I am just totally ignorant of. ANYWAY, I've started to level-up a poison gem on my alt weapon under this assumption... I'll probably try it out for the first time tonight.

Base poison is: 8% per second, for 2 seconds of combined physical and chaos damage.
So, without anything else its 16% of physical/chaos.
+duration then of course, increases that. every 1 second, is another 8%. Skill effect duration, poison duration, etc.
It double dips. Most elemental, etc do not do this.
But, poison gets projectile damage, chaos damage, attack damage, twice. so, when you as a bow user are running 400% projectile damage..
your 25k/hit physical/chaos Tornado shot hits 4 times. applying 4 stacks of poison. 100k direct hit, and 4 10k/s over 2 second poisons. one hit then did 100k direct, and 80k poison over 2s. Without any specific investment in poison, besides simply applying it.

When it comes to poison, projectile damage increases the base hit, then increases the poison that is scaling off the base hit in the first place. (this also applies to aoe, chaos, and a few others.)

Compared to say, 10% of your physical as added fire. 25k/hit phys TS. 27.5k with fire. 110k. I'll even give you weapon elemental damage. 59% more wed. 28975/hit- 116k.

Reach is the goto, becuase its a high pure physical damage bow. and hte extra arrows lets you remove GMP, which has the less proj damage mod.
Last edited by Casia on Sep 30, 2016, 9:26:14 AM
Hi, excelent guide im lvl 87 and very happy with my character. Yesterday i done the ubber labrynth and i dont know what's the beter option for my last 2 points, i already take "ricochet" and "far shot"... idk if go for "endless munition" or "rupture" (i see very nice the bleeding+crit for bosses), i dont ask about "power presicion" cuz that is nice + drillneck quiver, and im not planning use it. I hope to someone help me D: thanks! (sorry for my english obviously im speak spanish +sad).
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
tatarjj wrote:
I decided to try out puncture-trap, and to my surprise it seems to be a truly pathetic skill. I could attack the boss with regular attack and do much more damage. That is, if the trap even damages the boss at all. I think I'm doing something wrong.

Currently, to evaluate puncture-trap, I have lvl 20, 20% quality puncture linked to trap+trap damage+point blank. The support gems are all around level 11 ish, currently, but that shouldn't make enough of a difference to make this skill not totally suck ass (which it does). I could put it in a 5-link but I don't want to screw up the socket colors for the 5-link Blast Rain I use (which requires three off-color linked sockets) on such a crappy skill.

WTF am I doing wrong?!?! I was fighting Oak (or whatever the guy is that does leap slam) on a lvl 75 Zana daily... very easy for this character, normally. Not with puncture-trap! The traps wouldn't even TRIGGER 90% of the time, even when I threw them in the guy's face. Like for the first two minutes I just ran around in circles trying to make a trap trigger at all. He'd stand right beside them and they would do NOTHING. Finally, when I got one to trigger, it took of a grand total of like 5-10% off of his life. After about 3 or 4 minutes of this crap, I just gave up and tornado-shotted him down in three or four seconds (my unbuffed TS does 32k dps... with buffs it's between 38k and 90k).

I also tried puncture-trap on an armory map, another ridiculously easy map for this character's level and gear, but I wanted to evaluate the puncture trap skill. So, I get the boss, and start trying to use puncture trap on him. He's the blackguard guy with the big energy shield. Well, anyway, again, it made an easy boss look hard. He's sitting there, dropping a fairly weak firestorm down on me, but he's actually out-dpsing my puncture traps. So, again, I just blew him up with my regular skills and moved on.

I am using a legacy Reach of the Council, so my traps shoot more than one arrow. Could the trap damage be bugged and getting divided amongst the arrows or something? Yes, I'm "reaching" for an answer, but I can't understand how traps could be so highly touted yet suck so very badly, so the best conclusion I can come to is that my weapon is somehow bugged or- most likely- that I'm doing something wrong.

Puncture is dead. Was only truly good against Atziri.

Welcome your new Overlord:

Its a new meta for single target dps? Im nearly to swap bows, and dont know about sockets. Also, still dont know what bow shall i pick.
"
Casia wrote:

Base poison is: 8% per second, for 2 seconds of combined physical and chaos damage.
So, without anything else its 16% of physical/chaos.
+duration then of course, increases that. every 1 second, is another 8%. Skill effect duration, poison duration, etc.
It double dips. Most elemental, etc do not do this.
But, poison gets projectile damage, chaos damage, attack damage, twice. so, when you as a bow user are running 400% projectile damage..
your 25k/hit physical/chaos Tornado shot hits 4 times. applying 4 stacks of poison. 100k direct hit, and 4 10k/s over 2 second poisons. one hit then did 100k direct, and 80k poison over 2s. Without any specific investment in poison, besides simply applying it.

When it comes to poison, projectile damage increases the base hit, then increases the poison that is scaling off the base hit in the first place. (this also applies to aoe, chaos, and a few others.)

Compared to say, 10% of your physical as added fire. 25k/hit phys TS. 27.5k with fire. 110k. I'll even give you weapon elemental damage. 59% more wed. 28975/hit- 116k.

Reach is the goto, becuase its a high pure physical damage bow. and hte extra arrows lets you remove GMP, which has the less proj damage mod.

Can this stack with the bleed from Rupture ascendancy? Is it worthwhile?
"
skuadak wrote:
"
SyZ wrote:
Ok all, I'm now 92 and this is my updated gear:

I have ~ 10E worth of currency without liquidating everything.

What should my next upgrade be? How hard should I be pushing leveling versus mapping for drops? I have cleared all T12s, some T13s, no T14s. I mainly just play solo, and sometimes group for daily rotations.

Thanks!

itt, quiver is bad, particulary that 8% which block bench made mod (up to 27%)

ott, out of curiosity, did you divine your uniques or bought like that?

edit: ofc I don't say you should buy 10ex worth quiver

I bought every item like this, or with 5 mods and then used the bench to get a 6th (like my ring)

Currently my total resistances, before applying the Merc reduction, are 144 / 149 / 173 Fire / Ice / Lightning, and I have 4,530 life

I'm trying out the pierce variant with Drillneck and full quality pierce gem. If I'm grabbing Powerful Precision out of the Deadeye ascendancy, is it still worth it to pick up the Piercing Shots cluster?

With Drillneck + Pierce gem, I get 60% base pierce. Powerful Precision then dynamically increases based on projectile distance, although I'm not too sure of the exact mechanics. I'm wondering if the 4 points I spent to increase my base pierce to 100% should be spent somewhere else, since it kind of overlaps with what Powerful Precision offers. I suspect the answer is yes, but just want to double-check.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Sep 30, 2016, 10:51:59 PM
Currently lvl 70 and facing problems with HP, got less than 2k, how can I fix this?
Doing a blast rain only pathfinder atm. So far it's working out pretty well actualy. Especially wiht the incraesed aoe gem the clearing area is insane. I got a 390pdps bow so that helps killing. I use a kaom's heart as chest piece. At 5.7k life atm and after a few more levels i'll probably reach around 6k life.

My setup is
AOE
BR > FA > WED > PTL > Inc Crit Strikes > Inc AOE

For Single target I switch the aoe gem for conc effect.

Got the 75% blast rain enchant on hat so really good dps both aoe and single target. It might not be as fast at clearing as lightning arrow + chain but with the huge aoe i'm clearing really fast.
"
Amperiex wrote:
Doing a blast rain only pathfinder atm. So far it's working out pretty well actualy. Especially wiht the incraesed aoe gem the clearing area is insane. I got a 390pdps bow so that helps killing. I use a kaom's heart as chest piece. At 5.7k life atm and after a few more levels i'll probably reach around 6k life.

My setup is
AOE
BR > FA > WED > PTL > Inc Crit Strikes > Inc AOE

For Single target I switch the aoe gem for conc effect.

Got the 75% blast rain enchant on hat so really good dps both aoe and single target. It might not be as fast at clearing as lightning arrow + chain but with the huge aoe i'm clearing really fast.

Man, did u try using Dying Sun?
I bet u would be surprised)) It's realy insane flask.
IGN:Jane_Has_A_Gun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info