[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Was going to write a story of my life, but than I came to conclusio, that I should save your time. :D
To make it short. I've got an old lvl 80 TS character on Standard. Most of my gear is complete garbage.
Only things worth mentioning are: 300pDps Lioneye's Glare, Atziri Boots and Tabula Rasa.
I've got about 5-6ex to spend.

There are 2 ways I think I can go:
a)
Helm: spend 1 up to 1ex on Rat's Nest
Gloves: spend 1 up to 1ex on Maligaro's
Boots: Atziri's stays
Bow: stays (or not?)
Quiver: up to 1ex on rare, CC/CD/life possibly res
Jewellery: rare, res needed to cap, life, stats and if any funds are leftover crits
Belt: same +physical damage
Chest: I doubt I could run with Tabula. Seems it would be too glass cannon and not enough res to cap. Probably would spend 1-2ex on a 5L with high life roll and res.

b)Screw uniques and just rares? With leftover currency buy a better bow.

Which route do you recommend?

My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOH0EhdiP2JpUqCzBxMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOkJDMUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLW69daGHiYqxlTWyMbWxwUnTtdct293jreu99dX8CfyuGzod2jDaNfY1-jb-QCpUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6GkpuCn1K_rshm1SLvjvTa-p8EzwUnEosjcyqnNmM96037UI9nG2sHcFd2o4dvjn-cK53To1upi6xTtg-968-r8xf4d_rr-yA==?accountName=macexor&characterName=RyoFui

I still need to do act 4 3 times for that skill points. A also have plenty of refund points still left.

When it comes to the 5L I will put TS-GMP-PPAD-FA and depending on the colour of the fifth socket SP/AFD/crits or PTL.
"
macexor wrote:
Was going to write a story of my life, but than I came to conclusio, that I should save your time. :D
To make it short. I've got an old lvl 80 TS character on Standard. Most of my gear is complete garbage.
Only things worth mentioning are: 300pDps Lioneye's Glare, Atziri Boots and Tabula Rasa.
I've got about 5-6ex to spend.

There are 2 ways I think I can go:
a)
Helm: spend 1 up to 1ex on Rat's Nest
Gloves: spend 1 up to 1ex on Maligaro's
Boots: Atziri's stays
Bow: stays (or not?)
Quiver: up to 1ex on rare, CC/CD/life possibly res
Jewellery: rare, res needed to cap, life, stats and if any funds are leftover crits
Belt: same +physical damage
Chest: I doubt I could run with Tabula. Seems it would be too glass cannon and not enough res to cap. Probably would spend 1-2ex on a 5L with high life roll and res.

b)Screw uniques and just rares? With leftover currency buy a better bow.

Which route do you recommend?

My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DHgUtBbUF-QYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOH0EhdiP2JpUqCzBxMHwx-jIBMpQ2PTnUOkJDMUp9S3hM_02STipRR1VLW69daGHiYqxlTWyMbWxwUnTtdct293jreu99dX8CfyuGzod2jDaNfY1-jb-QCpUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6GkpuCn1K_rshm1SLvjvTa-p8EzwUnEosjcyqnNmM96037UI9nG2sHcFd2o4dvjn-cK53To1upi6xTtg-968-r8xf4d_rr-yA==?accountName=macexor&characterName=RyoFui

I still need to do act 4 3 times for that skill points. A also have plenty of refund points still left.

When it comes to the 5L I will put TS-GMP-PPAD-FA and depending on the colour of the fifth socket SP/AFD/crits or PTL.

Rat's nest + Maligaro's and try to get a white 6L and just throw a few chaos on it until you get life + 1-2 resists then craft whatever you need on it if you can.

Next is getting some diamond rings with Life + Resist and an amulet with Life + Resists and possibly increased critical multiplier if avaible.

Once that, a quiver with Inc crit/ Crit multi/ Life/ Resists if needed

After that, get a 300-350 pDPS Harbinger bow.

This setup will get you into 79-80 maps ezpz.

After that, just slowly upgrade, starting with your bow. Aim for a 400+ pDPS bow.

Getting my ranger off the ground here's where I am at currently:

Spoiler

Currently saving up for rat's nest on wardbands. getting skill gems sorted now that I'm at max res. Clear speed is pretty decent in low level maps as expected. Is there a way to run AA/HoA/hatred? Just wondering where I should go from here? Gonna grab up the last frenzy node next and then see where I am at.
"
Afasia wrote:

Spoiler

Currently saving up for rat's nest on wardbands. getting skill gems sorted now that I'm at max res. Clear speed is pretty decent in low level maps as expected. Is there a way to run AA/HoA/hatred? Just wondering where I should go from here? Gonna grab up the last frenzy node next and then see where I am at.

You can run AA/HoA/Hatred if you pick some reduced mana passives + lvl 3-4 Enlighten. It's not worth it though, you're always moving.
Rat's Nest is really good. IAS, MS, IIR and Crit Chance.

Try saving for a white 6L chest eventually and craft it abit to get life and resists.
"
returnofsnow wrote:

You can run AA/HoA/Hatred if you pick some reduced mana passives + lvl 3-4 Enlighten. It's not worth it though, you're always moving.
Rat's Nest is really good. IAS, MS, IIR and Crit Chance.

Try saving for a white 6L chest eventually and craft it abit to get life and resists.

I'm around 1 ex in currency right now so It will take me a while to hit rat's nest. It's really as good as it seems to be? Also when people post silly amount of tooltip damage like 25k is it mainly from quality gems or am I missing something?
25k is not silly, 75k split chain surely is!
After a certain point it's a combination of every piece of gear that adds up.
A good pdps bow is a nice way to start though.
"
Afasia wrote:
Also when people post silly amount of tooltip damage like 25k is it mainly from quality gems or am I missing something?

I'm at about 13k(HOA,Hatred running) myself but with ice golem, blood rage and all frenzy charges up it goes over 20k, 25 does not seem unavailable to me considering my bow is incomplete and I'm missing rats nest and maligaros, I only have 2 20Q gems, which I found, WED and Tornado shot. I'm at lvl 87

my DPS relevant gear;
Spoiler
Last edited by Drahnier123 on Sep 9, 2015, 7:38:46 PM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
evenson wrote:
Is it possible for you guys to look at my ranger? I don't know where to go with gear, having a really tough time getting enough STR/INT to use all the skill setups. Someone give me some advice...

tfw your character tab is Private ^^

/e

Its open now, Didn't know that was a thing.
"
evenson wrote:
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
evenson wrote:
Is it possible for you guys to look at my ranger? I don't know where to go with gear, having a really tough time getting enough STR/INT to use all the skill setups. Someone give me some advice...

tfw your character tab is Private ^^

/e

Its open now, Didn't know that was a thing.

Recent changes, everyone is default Private

You have 3 Stat nodes open that you can take advantage of now to get some STR/INT

Generally for INT look for Rings, you can sneak STR on Boots

I would look into better Boots if possible, tri resist opens you to master craft STR on your Left Ring, else get a pair with STR to ease gem requirements

Belts are insanely cheap on Warbands too, can probably get a Heavy Belt base with better stats for very cheap and get similar or better stats

You will get some help too in one level when you get to Fury Bolts Passive in the duelist section

"
Afasia wrote:

Spoiler

Feel like you should be running something other than PTL in your TS without WED Gem, like Crit Multi Gem.

You can also Chrome Belly to RRRx and use CWDT Setup, moving your 4-Link Frenzy to Maligaro

Use Frenzy-PPAD-Slower-FA

Don't really think Flame Dash is better than Blink Arrow

Would rather use Blood Dance to help with Frenzy Charges
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Can someone please take a look at my tree/gear and tell me what I am doing wrong? Only around 3,700hp, 6250 evasion, and my dps with just auras is 15,500

Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAotmw2P-TsJJR2Ra_YeImlYw2VUsfQQMetUgGI3BSKgvz6m1sNj1sjJ2qYqybJujW53TPerIZMgF6U2HrBbU6Qkt43agwcdQjjb9RR__eJP3nVKbgfwIylNnGlQXKqV1omvEIiTB8_h3BScjcTZIj9o19Mfp29znUfyugn-HboaQF-dwVp9T-yMSifXX-urvj034Km-cK73p46_zFDY3jn4d2Sn1br8Ezhs4hdkMxTP9OKupizZiNfnXLvqe9NmVNR37awQUtdO167w==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info