[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
dfdfd999 wrote:
still super new to path of exile and was trying this build!!!

I have come to the problem of not having enough int requirement to use assassin's mark and puncture

im lvl 31 and i have 14 int, i have looked through the items and skill tree for the build and haven't seen anything that increases my int to at least 45 to use assassin's mark lvl 3, i'm not sure if im overlooking something or that i get more int as i lvl up

Any responce would be appreciated

Hey buddy,

it was mentioned quite some times that you should pick up 1-2 of the +30 int nodes if needed. you can respec out of them later if needed.

cheers
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
ben_hure wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm stuck with a decision.

a) I have only 5-10 hours per week available to me for playing POE.
b) I love crit builds and the clear speed of TS.
c) I have a poison arrow MF character that farms maps well, but is not quite as enjoyable as I thought.

Question: Would you recommend leveling up a TS ranger and leaving my farming bitch aside? Do you guys all have an mf character next to this one? Or do you just run this char and accept that maybe drops are worse or more infrequent?

Thanks in advance

I dont have MF farming character, playing with my only character in Warbands, and i still was able to get great gear for him (355 PDPS/8.7 crit bow, 6-L Daresso, etc). Without flipping, etc, just with selling some good drops and farming currency. Also, leveled him to 91 and planning to get even higher lvls.
A bit of MF will be useful for farming, sure, but you can do well even without it.
TS build isnt actually expensive. You can make it quite powerful even with budget gear (most expensive pieces will be 5-link Daresso for 1 exa and decent bow for 0.5-1 exa, rest gear total will be 0.5-1 exa, so full gear will cost you 2-3 exa. And with that you'll be able to clear most maps quickly and without deaths.
You can even respec your PA ranger into TS...

thanks for sharing your experience!
I will level my TS ranger now. around lvl 40 right now, so shouldnt take too long.

i dont have more than 30c right now, so 2-3 ex sounds alot to me. but i'll slowly get there i guess.

thanks mate!
Hello,
Thanks for the build. I am level 89 and it rocks !
2 questions:
1) I was trying to read all the posts from the beginning, problem is some are valid for 1.3 only... when does the posts related to 2.0 start more or less ?

2) I crafted this bow. It seems that if I add the cannot roll attack mods, I should get the +1 gem socket
Is it worth doing that to get +3 gem level on this bow, then add some physical damage on it ?

Or should I directly sell it as it is ?

Thanks !
Last edited by edessiex on Sep 5, 2015, 9:32:25 PM
"
edessiex wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for the build. I am level 89 and it rocks !
2 questions:
1) I was trying to read all the posts from the beginning, problem is some are valid for 1.3 only... when does the posts related to 2.0 start more or less ?

2) I crafted this bow. It seems that if I add the cannot roll attack mods, I should get the +1 gem socket
Is it worth doing that to get +3 gem level on this bow, then add some physical damage on it ?

Or should I directly sell it as it is ?

Thanks !

2.0 posts start on July 10th.

I think the bow's aa brick. For the builds in this thread +3 to gems is much less useful than +DPS. People playing a build that does want +3 will also want a faster base like a Thicket Bow.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Sep 6, 2015, 12:01:45 PM
"
ben_hure wrote:

thanks for sharing your experience!
I will level my TS ranger now. around lvl 40 right now, so shouldnt take too long.

i dont have more than 30c right now, so 2-3 ex sounds alot to me. but i'll slowly get there i guess.

thanks mate!

You can use cheaper gear, but i still highly recommend 5-link Daresso for 1 exa. You can get rest gear for few chaos per piece and then upgrade it. Just focus on the most needed stats (HP, resists, crit multiplier from amulet and quiver, some int (to use gems), and i bit of accuracy (1 decent roll). You can use "Spirit Void" cluster, until you get 0.3+ mana leech on gear and 2+ mana per hit from jewel.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 6, 2015, 2:10:36 AM
What is point of reduced mana if it doesn't work with Hatred or heralds?
And also, dps of tornado shot is much lower (about 2 times), than ice shot or else. I'm 49 lvl, so perhaps it will show it's potential later?
"
maxan432 wrote:
What is point of reduced mana if it doesn't work with Hatred or heralds?
And also, dps of tornado shot is much lower (about 2 times), than ice shot or else. I'm 49 lvl, so perhaps it will show it's potential later?

It has been changed recently, reduced mana doesn't work with auras anymore. If you want to less mana reserved from auras, you need to get skillpoints in the clusters in the passive tree. Another option is Englighten gem, it still works with auras.

About Tornado/Ice shot dps, it depends or your gem setup. I am personally using ice shot but I think Tornado shot has more pack clearing in itself, If you wanna decently clear packs with Ice shot, you have to link it with GMP or Chain (preferably both - then it gets insane). Plus with Tornado shot you can later on add Physical to Lightning gem which I think adds tremendous amount of DPS and it can also shock enemies. But both of them are endgame viable IMHO. It just ends up in the matter of preference which one you like more.
Last edited by peppko2306 on Sep 6, 2015, 10:12:07 AM
Hey guys,

First of all, big thumbs up for NeverSink, i am loving this build so far.

Now considering that i do not have that much time to play (at least not during the week - more in weekends..but meh) i do not have that much time to search for some optimizations. So i am asking, after the 2.0 patch, for this build:
1.What auras/heralds are the best to run now?
2.What gems should i pair blood rage with?
3.Is the immortal call setup still viable?
4.What is the support gems priority order for tornado shot and puncture (that is because we do not always have the amount of links which we desire)?
"
WickedEnemy wrote:
Hey guys,

First of all, big thumbs up for NeverSink, i am loving this build so far.

Now considering that i do not have that much time to play (at least not during the week - more in weekends..but meh) i do not have that much time to search for some optimizations. So i am asking, after the 2.0 patch, for this build:
1.What auras/heralds are the best to run now?
2.What gems should i pair blood rage with?
3.Is the immortal call setup still viable?
4.What is the support gems priority order for tornado shot and puncture (that is because we do not always have the amount of links which we desire)?

1. From the start you should run Herald of Ice and Herald of Ash, it will boost your dps quite nice while still leaving half of your manapool. Later on it's better to switch to Herald of Ice and Hatred imho, or you can run Herald of Ash/Ice/Thunder and link some curses on them for example. If you have Enlighten or if you put some points into aura cluster, you can run Herald of Ash, Hatred and some other herald or other defensive aura (arctic amour for example).
2. I personally use only Blood rage - Increased duration and it's sufficient enough for me. Some people use it with Cast when dmg taken to avoid manual casting, setup is usually CWDT-IC-ID-BR (or you can have blood rage before IC, depends on your links coloring).
3. Yes it is, you should use it if you are running this build, it will save your life a lot. Especially if you buy Daresso's defiance and you don't have to manually cast enduring cry, it is very strong.
4. Gem priority is written in the first page of the build, the priority is given to the gems in the order they are written.
I'm running this build with great success in warbands, but I was wondering what my next step should be to improving my gear/build. I'm currently using the following:

While I don't have a ton of currency available to me right now, I would like to create the best setup for Atziri farming. Is Daresso's 5L the way to go? or Atziri's step? Resists are 84/71/83/-60 and 3500hp, lvl 78. Thanks!

Edit: I don't really use the golem or frenzy, so a CWDT setup is definitely in the works
Last edited by Feedmenow on Sep 7, 2015, 12:42:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info