Blood Magic Keystone Incinerate Marauder

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I'm a bit curious - why dont get a staff with "gems in this item are supported by lvl1 Blood Magic" master-crafted mod, and ignore Blood Magic keystone completely? You'll be able to run 2 auras, or aura+herald+AA, etc...

The only real socket real estate I have to play with because I want to use Kaom's Heart is my helmet. You don't really need a golem. Which means that my gloves and boots need to drop at least one socket to run blood magic gems. You could do it if you were willing to drop a few of the supports, and possibly the curse. If I didn't want to use Kaom's Heart though, I don't think there'd be such pressure on socket real estate and I might be able to do that. Not to mention that with the health cluster behind Blood Magic now, that would cost several points on the passive tree to make up, 7 to be exact, which could be better used getting things like Heart of Flame, or a few jewel sockets.

Now whats the benefit of auras? My dps is already extremely high, so I could completely ignore the new anger. Maybe haste would be good but the dex requirements would kill me, so might the extra casting speed with the penalty of a blood magic gem on a mana costly spell like incinerate. Vitality perhaps but I have plenty of life regeneration as it is. Determination would probably be very good for this char as it is armor based, but if I'm using Kaom's it would only be of limited effectiveness, so that'd probably have to go. About the only auras I could think of that would be very useful are purity of fire (for the now weakened reflect) and purity of lightning (which is practically mandatory if you want to do uber atziri). For most of the game content though this is really just overkill. My build is built to take punishment, if you die with it, it's probably your own fault.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Oct 25, 2015, 4:53:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info