Anyone get in on the Heroes of the Storm Alpha?

"
Tom7i wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Its great. I think Dota and LoL may have a new neighbor soon

They have one for years already and it's called Heroes of Newerth (HoN). Inb4 "HoN is dead" etc., it's still being played daily by more people than Team Fortress 2, so it's not exactly dead imho.

As for HotS, i've seen a couple of it's gameplay features and thought something along the lines of "Meh, this is turning out even more casual than LoL, i think i'll pass"... Tell you what, if it will be free to play, i'll give it a honest try :)

If its not F2P its dead in the water before it even launches. I don't think you'll have any problems playing it for free. There is a beta market for it already, just heroes and skins, typical MoBa fare.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
HotS replaces the depth and complexity of other mobas for easy accessibility. Much easier to play, but if you're used to Dota, LoL or HoN you're likely not going to be satisfied with HotS. I can see it being a good gateway moba for new players though, and for that it has my blessing, if only to convince the newbies to come to LoL.

Spoiler
I almost compared HotS vs Dota = Diablo vs PoE
Spoiler
Good thing I dodged that bullet
"
"
AfroComrade wrote:
HotS replaces the depth and complexity of other mobas for easy accessibility. Much easier to play, but if you're used to Dota, LoL or HoN you're likely not going to be satisfied with HotS. I can see it being a good gateway moba for new players though, and for that it has my blessing, if only to convince the newbies to come to LoL.

Spoiler
I almost compared HotS vs Dota = Diablo vs PoE
Spoiler
Good thing I dodged that bullet

Does anyone else miss when a Blizzard release actually raised a few eyebrows?

The only eyebrows it raised was 40 year old virgins who live with their mother, downstairs in the basement... LOL.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Sep 5, 2014, 7:52:27 PM
"
Rock and Roll Racing. The Lost Vikings. Blackthorne. Diablo 1.

Don't be so quick to put your ignorance on a flag and wave it proudly.

Isn't that his MO?
Reimur: even though you're wrong, why would you have faith in diamond supporters? you're talking about a group of people that are so autistic that they would spend 1000 dollars on pixels. we're almost the most idiotic group of people in this community. second to hardcore players.
If you live in your moms basement it's okay, nothing wrong with that. I'm usually dispassionate... I think everyone learned a new word today.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Im having way more fun than I should be. Playing as Diablo is too cool
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info