Phys Reflect VS Vaal Pact: who wins?

i think this post can be discussed better if the numbers are

HP 4000/4002
DMG reflected 4001
Life leech 2

because just as someone already mentioned, the original numbers are pointless since you die anyway
"
shoshinsha wrote:
i think this post can be discussed better if the numbers are

HP 4000/4002
DMG reflected 4001
Life leech 2

because just as someone already mentioned, the original numbers are pointless since you die anyway

you have 1 hp left in second example no? ^^
[quote="DirkAustin"]They can always make a loser league where Monsters do no damage and you one shot everything. Goodness, people, just don't play in the hard parts of the game if you cant handle them.[/quote]

As discussed, it's instant life leech rather than damage reduction. The benefit it gives you is when you hit an entire reflect pack with something big. A single hit greater than your HP will indeed kill you, but if you can survive the single hit and leech all that health back then you can hit as many reflect mobs as you like and be safe. So a Ground Slam that hits a reflect pack of 10 mobs reflecting 1000 damage each can be survived with 4000 health if your hp leech is high enough and instant.

As I understand it, it works reliably even when all the mobs are hit at the same instant, like with a flameblast versus an ele reflect pack. The hit-leech-reflect from each mob are queued up without overlap even though they are the same instant so if your leech offsets the reflect damage from individual hits, you are again safe.

The last thing, again as I understand it, is your overkill damage versus each mob does not get reflected. The main risk of this is that you can balance your reflect damage versus your leech while soloing, then join a 6 man party and get wildly more reflect damage than before. I learned that part to my detriment about a month ago!

If I have any of that wrong I'd love to know. Pretty important to nail this stuff down during the Age of Crit!
"
MisterBernn wrote:
As discussed, it's instant life leech rather than damage reduction. The benefit it gives you is when you hit an entire reflect pack with something big. A single hit greater than your HP will indeed kill you, but if you can survive the single hit and leech all that health back then you can hit as many reflect mobs as you like and be safe. So a Ground Slam that hits a reflect pack of 10 mobs reflecting 1000 damage each can be survived with 4000 health if your hp leech is high enough and instant.

As I understand it, it works reliably even when all the mobs are hit at the same instant, like with a flameblast versus an ele reflect pack. The hit-leech-reflect from each mob are queued up without overlap even though they are the same instant so if your leech offsets the reflect damage from individual hits, you are again safe.

The last thing, again as I understand it, is your overkill damage versus each mob does not get reflected. The main risk of this is that you can balance your reflect damage versus your leech while soloing, then join a 6 man party and get wildly more reflect damage than before. I learned that part to my detriment about a month ago!

If I have any of that wrong I'd love to know. Pretty important to nail this stuff down during the Age of Crit!

I'm sure the OP is still checking this thread for answers a year and a half later.
Lol! Opera Mini just trolled me. Sometimes it bugs out and shows me pages from ages ago when I refresh...
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Leech is processed before reflect damage, so you'll hit, leech (instantly) and then take the reflected damage.

I'm using Vaal Pact, and this explains why I always end up with less than full HP when the rare mob dies.
My summoner guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765329
My shop thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info