Herald of Ash + Ice Shot + Pyre

Hey guys, this is my take on a Herald of Ash "burning" build.

In this build I am using Iceshot in combination with the Pyre-ring and Herald of Ash.
This was just a test i wanted to try out and it turned out to be working very well, so i decided to share my experience :)

Why Ice shot?
1.: 100% conversion from phys to cold damage allows us to scale the damage with physical as well as elemental damage
2.: The great AoE of Ice Shot (especially with full pierce) gives a greater chance to hit an enemy with low life(or on low life) and therefore getting a huge overkill.
3.: You can hit an single target multiple times with one piercing shot
4.: the chilled ground makes it safer (especially against Bosses)

Why Pyre?
With Ice Shot + Pyre converts all the phys and cold damage into fire damage; therefore we can scale all the damage with fire damage passives/gear.
+35% from quality gmes
+30 from gear (Doryani's, +40 from Kaom's?!)
And the damage penetration from Fire Penetration will apply to all the damage.
+ the 1% fire damage leech from Doryani's will apply to all the damage)

Gear (not final)

This setup if fairly cheap and chin sol gives insage damage on close range (3 times more with point blanc) and prevents me from getting killd by offscreen reflect... when i see refect i go in "ranged" range and than it's fairly save (i dont play reflect maps thought!)
Other Items worth considering:
-Kaom's Heart (up to 40% fire dmg + 500 life) <---best chest for this build
-Carcass Jack (greater AoE + life + res + EXTRA GORE :D)
-Infractem (full pierce /maybe for crit verion?)
-Atziri's Step(to get 46% spelldodge)
-3Dragons (for crit version--shock with fire dmg)

Links:
Ice Shot + Phys.Proj. + added fire + WeD + FirePen + coneffect ( i prefere conceffect over pierce because i am doing less damage in longer range anyway)
Herald of Ash + AoE + EleProlif + reduced mana (+ increased burning damage(5L) + Enhance (6L))----i dont know if conc effect works! only with 5L and/or Carcass Jack----
CwDt + Enduring Cry + Increased Duration + Immortal Call <-lifesaver!
Curses: Ele Weakness, Projectile Weakness(instead Pierce gem?), Temp Chains + Chilled Ground = Slowmo
Offence Stats

Notice that the actual fire damage of the cone is about 1,3-4k higher (full conversion)

Defence Stats

Last edited by JuergenPotzkoten on Sep 7, 2014, 9:34:35 AM
currently there is no need for pyre, there is even a build with a the three dragons.

atm, you can proliferate fine without those.
i am pure phys dmg with 67% crit chance and a 401% multiplier on iceshot and whole screen burns.

using (would do others, but colours on eva sucks 3x red for HoA):
Spoiler

doryani with cold is much cheaper and after i got my hands on atziri gloves.. oh man!

anyways, good build ;o) i like it
makes pyre viable ^^
sur, i have seen you thread... i just wanted to show my take on it:)
i just recognized, that the full conversion+fire pen does so much more damage,...
ant by the way, atziri gloves wouldn't help you with inrafctum (cannot Leech :)
Last edited by JuergenPotzkoten on Sep 2, 2014, 11:50:03 AM
gloves will help endgame with a decent crit harbinger bow - which i dont have as well atm ;o)

yeah, thought about similar with a marauder ice shot char and iron grip.. hmm..
Nice to see am not alone :)

I'm doing a Herald of Ash + Crit Ice Shot with Pyre

My Links:

Ice Shot + Phys.Proj. + added fire + Faster attacks
Puncture + Phys.Proj. + Culling Strike + Faster attacks
Herald of Ash + increased burning damage + EleProlif + reduced mana

My Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_Ax4mlR9BYeIGI1VLtUiMNm1s8-rndDY9Kgvo1p2q7LBwUgW1YqxsjIwLjb_UI7l8UUf66zBx51SVBTB8kvPdqCT9CIl_K419XkVLeP_emvHWinfXI_Y6Ql1oOdRW-k2Syql29_zF7g4x-meg3Q3veqCfh3Zbryzp035KfSF2GNsVIABefXWGzuSxKk0Zjv66wTND5z8nfVvtg7vjOd1KyKxHCC7Eom6qm42XBtwVtfItg6fUNZIZiv7I_o_YvfsJTeP-CvbaplfyRRqPOuGbJjIBshnPemHrelM=

My Gear

Spoiler
Standard IGN: pickapan
You guys dont use lmp/gmp?
Nope
Standard IGN: pickapan
hey, thx for your reply (finally somebody ;)
I think the main advantage of using the Pyre is that you can make full use of Pire Penetration and scale all your damage with pure fire damage notes/on gear.

your tree seems fine, but i would take the elemental notes (shadow start) over phys notes because it double-dips with the burn damage...
Hello

I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on a variation of your build I've put together..
The idea was to create a hardcore viable character so I went with the maurauder..
Lot's of life, life regen and endurance charges, combined with iron grip to make up for the loss in physical damage with bows from the shadow/ranger area.

Skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz389kiMz18_wQRVtZ7NpzAUcQPGCfYlrf0LOlIOPDJ-hmDvDicv45-8n9IhGS7ZYVcNkc7E9iftfLskiz0PogDwH8WKBLMUTQJxOtjsOBo4p4SQVS3SKU_kIhpsFm8kqjbp42qdrhJpFxzsVSqNSRs22PFsrJj315uhj0anCIPbVcY6WHF5hxlsFvxLGJFQRxQgu-2kwhR1GNt08SFgQKDvTmFSBS0S4aLqIbAppU4qW68VUHflMomCmxGB3UZjp1b6MZ6mVzrh8kX-Crc-xq48Ldi9U6UMXxynOrPdDQ==

Chin sol + point blank + pyre can still be used.

I compared the numbers with your build and came up with this:
Your total damage increase from all sources (including +40% from drillneck) = 379
My total damage increase from all sources (including +78% from iron grip) = 370

Something I am not sure about is wether drillneck is really necessary for this ice shot build..
Does the dps really get increased that much? or is it just an easier way to manage to kill off a target on low hp?

Add me ingame if you've got any questions or remarks ;)
IGN: Chargedisndis
Hey !

Few questions :

- The pyre ring make the target shatter on death. Is that mean that the "overkill" effect from herald of ashe doesen't occur while ignited ?

- Why no ones use Increase Burning dmg gem, linked with ice shot or with herald of ashe ?

- You say :

"
With Ice Shot + Pyre converts all the phys and cold damage into fire damage

Ice shot convert 40% of physical dmg into ice. Hatred grants you 40% of your physical as ice. Added fire dmg grants you 39% more. But it doesen't convert ALL your physical dmg into fire dmg. You still do around 20-25% of your dmg into physical, right ?

- And if i'm right, woulden't it be more efficient if you get the physical dmg nodes, instead of elem dmg nodes ?
Last edited by Kikoyou on Sep 22, 2014, 10:07:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info