Rouge Exile Minara Anemina Overpowerd

They nerfed her already. I'm a melee character and she's easy. Magnus and Igna are hard.

I met her in the Graveyard map for the first time a couple leagues ago. She duplicated herself and then minionized the whole map 100's of those suckers. So, GGG fixed that and nerfed her. My understanding is that she will run out of Vaal juice eventually and she will even be easy for you guys.

I just go in and pop her. Sometimes I have to kill all her minions and sometimes I get to kill them after.

She has no HP to speak of. You can leap slam over her minions, or take them out, or use conversion trap to make them yours. She doesn't protect herself at all: the minions chase you. Or you can flicker or whirling blades in and pop her. She goes down fast; but you still have her minions to deal with and she doesn't have very many, nothing like before.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Last edited by aura0000 on Nov 28, 2014, 9:10:28 PM
Using a single target ability it's hard mh

If you're melee than you can tank her minions easily. Just bash her and avoid getting AoE attacks

TL:DR learn to play and unsocket melee splash
The melee guy, sword and board:

Just had Minara Anemina in a level 8 Vorici Quest, area level 76 of course.

I didn't fight the minions. I killed them with my secondary attack, which is ranged. Then I leap slammed in to get close and she went down with one swing of my trusty sword. I wait patiently for a clear direct attack on Minara: she doesn't always go down with one swing btw, but she goes down fast.

I've never had a problem with her since she was nerfed the first time two leagues ago. Then if there are any minions left, I kill them with my trusty sword.

IMO, it's a matter of gear and knowing your opponent. Finally figured out that bitch Magaera. I use Rise of the Phoenix and Lazwars Amulet. Saffel's doesn't work for me. I've now killed her 3x in a row using the Phoenix. I've tried every combination of Saffels I can think of and I'm 0 for over 50 tries (55% spell block): She just one or two-hits me and I'm done. But with the Phoenix I can go in and take her down to 70-90% the first try, leave, return and she's done.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Minara sucks. Yes yes you could leap slam or x y or z (git gud, i am gawd!) but whereas some bosses are a defense/dps check, she's a pure check on whether you can avoid the huge dog from her minionsplosions - not many can.

To those who say unsocket gems: reave/cleave. The game's built around one main attack; raising spectral throw using up a large number of slots because minara may be around is a big ask. And even if you do, you then get to spend ages working through her minions, if you didn't happen to be lucky enough to kill her before her summons turned up. She's not fun like Dominus or any other slow boss; just dangerous out of proportion to the reward, particularly for anything that has to get up close.

If the hall of Grandmasters turns out like it's been touted, with characters far worse than Minara, then it should be free to enter all day every day, not unique. After all, you're just going to die within seconds...
Last edited by davidnn5 on Nov 30, 2014, 4:18:07 AM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Minara sucks. Yes yes you could leap slam or x y or z (git gud, i am gawd!) but whereas some bosses are a defense/dps check, she's a pure check on whether you can avoid the huge dog from her minionsplosions - not many can.

Pure check??? she can be done by ANY build

melee: use single target abilities, hit her while tanking her minions (as melee, you MUST be able to tank her minions)

Ranged: kill minions and minara while staying away from them

The very only build that might have problems is RF.. bt with 90% fire resist i doubt they get hit for more than 5% of their life

"
davidnn5 wrote:

To those who say unsocket gems: reave/cleave. The game's built around one main attack

As cleaver or reaver you can swap them easily with a level 1 heavy strike gem or double strike, which usually use the same support gem setup.

People on this forum wants diversity but don't want to swap a gem to kill a challenging mob... just meh
I would swap a gem to kill some bosses, but not Minara. If you get in quick you can destroy her and I've done so before, but once she summons enough mobs I (and other I've played with) just leave. Again, not about 'l2p' - but not spending excess time doing something unworthwhile.

I don't get your 'must be able to tank her minions' - builds actually vary a bit! - and reave builds aren't likely to be walking around with 6k hp and 200 hp/second regen, are they?... Not to mention the fun of getting a CWDT setup on an evasion piece.

If GGG wanted to slow down the rate of alt/chaos gain, all they'd need to do is give Dominus some summons with minion instability.
You may want to see when i freeze her bones and minions; shes so cute when she chilled.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
I was like what the hell, the googled and found this thread.

Ah well 10 % gone np I guess, but what the hell.
"
Sayyid wrote:
Many of the exiles are either very overpowered or very underpowered 100% depending on your build.

Minara destroys melee builds. Two leagues back she was the bane of my reaver's existence. This time around I'm on phys/crit tornado shot. I eat her for breakfast.

That viper strike guy is another example. I used to have big problems with him on my life builds. My reaver, before he specced into CI and was using ghost reaver/ES for most of his HP, was also having problems with him. Fight him with CI and he's easy-mode. I believe he's been nerfed out of threat-level even for life builds now, though.

This time around a lot of the melee exiles are giving me pause, when I could facetank them like an employee in a managerial position before.

Hard to balance rogue exiles for everyone. The best tip I can give is to know when you need to run away from the ones that will murder your build.

Some are totally designed to be a complete pain to kill for builds that meet/dont meet various criteria. As for specifically minara youve got a few options.....

1 Be a super-tank with literally as much fire res as possible and just wipe your a$$ with both her and her minions or deny her the minions before their numbers get too high (SRS with vaal haste on can flood the room with DPS and the minions die the instant they spawn and something like RF incinerate just laughs at her minion bombs pop a fireflask and melt her face off as her minions vanish into the RF)

2 Kill her asap ignoring or separating the minions from her and yourself

3 Run lol

but unless you just really like fighting the same exile for far too long she can waste massive amounts of your time/xp so anything short of making the encounter insignificantly brief just sucks.

Tl;Dr---attack with care but aggressively
Last edited by rosshilge on Apr 3, 2015, 2:36:39 PM
I also play only melee and I met her today in act 2 normal HC in Chamber of Sins, So insta rip with 30 fire ress, I wish GGG nerf her a little in normal and cruel difficulty.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
Last edited by Damac0101 on Apr 4, 2015, 1:09:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info