[Beyond lvl 88] Soul Mantle dual EK Shattering Totems - Video added

"
SHONYA wrote:
What's this video dude :(

going to upload a new one today
Just hit 49 with a 4l on rampage, still deciding whether to 5l. Getting used to the playstyle slowly, but look forward to the video to see how it should be done. I've always wanted to try a soul mantle build but never had the balls - EK is a cherry on top.

A question - are the block nodes for general HC survivability, or more specifically for attempting to mitigate curse effects?
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Sep 8, 2014, 4:20:43 AM
Video added
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRUrr-3qvs8&f

@MIJOTHY

Block and HP nodes are a hardcore thing, spell block doesn't block curses.

Video was added as a last request to fans
Last edited by klerace on Sep 8, 2014, 1:54:54 PM
Sure, I just meant that if a curse was up without a flask to deal with it (on those rare occasions), the block/spellblock might save you.

Some thoughts about the build on rampage (level 60)
I've swapped out tempest shield for herald of ash for a further damage boost since I feel good about survivability. Whether this changes for maps, we will see, but I'm confident in my lightning warp abilities.
While levelling, I didn't take acrobatics and went straight for EB so I could fit 3 auras in. Levelling with EK, hatred, the 2 heralds and as crit meant that stuff died pretty rapidly.
I took ball lightning+PCoC+Curse on Hit+Proj Weakness as a setup over the frenzy one, at least in my situation. Though frenzy is nice levelling, I just prefer BL (and it scales with spell mods, unlike frenzy, also which I don't have 2 spare gem slots for it+GMP). Also WRT ass mark, although the damage is great, you don't get power charges unless you make the kill. The knockback from proj weakness has great utility, perhaps more than the extra chance to crit/freeze from ass mark. Of course the dream is to have both.
I'm thinking of swapping to arc when I get my character able to fulfill the level requirements for 19/20 arc.
Totem survivability I expect to go up apart from against certain enemies. A possible solution to this is getting a phys Doryani's Invitation - since you're doing pretty insane damage, the phys leech should keep your totems topped up on health. I'll look into this if I have the currency but it worked well for flame totems.
For even more damage on rampage, consider Shadows and Dust. They're mini maligaro's (30/30 max roll) but grant unholy might on rampage - you gain 30% of phys damage as chaos damage.
As was pointed out by klerace, curses have been nerfed which is a pretty big buff to soul mantle.

I'd also consider throwing conversion trap in a blue socket for those moments where you really need to take a breather and your totems aren't cutting it. It has served me very well for my FT characters. Also a CWDT setup can save you, and might let you run EK yourself.

Awesome build.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Sep 8, 2014, 1:26:06 PM
Made 68 level on rampage.
Totems are getting bursted for 1-2 sec, if there's pack of range enemies.
Have 30 crit chance atm, and its don't enough to freeze lock before totems will get bursted.
As a result, totems are useful only vs melee packs or vs solo bosses.
Have no idea how to deal with it, when i have 25-30% crit chance.
Last edited by SHONYA on Sep 8, 2014, 1:45:11 PM
"
SHONYA wrote:
Made 68 level on rampage.
Totems are getting bursted for 1-2 sec, if there's pack of range enemies.
Have 30 crit chance atm, and its don't enough to freeze lock before totems will get bursted.
As a result, totems are useful only vs melee packs or vs solo bosses.
Have no idea how to deal with it, when i have 25-30% crit chance.

are you using power charge on crit on the lightning ball? You can place the totem behind the packs if you cant put it in front. Also, if you don't have double curse you can put blind on lightning ball and curse on hit on frenzy or just manual curse.
Last edited by klerace on Sep 8, 2014, 1:59:32 PM
Hello! Any news? And videos?
hey, was the video taken down?
kinda interested after seeing the guide haha

my question is, wont u get 1 shot if ever something goes pass you block/dodge?
and wont it be hard without any mitigation and only 50% block/spell block and acro phase acro?
thanks for the fun guide
build update?

not working anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info