Insta Log Out on Character Selection

Hello,

I have 2 characters one lvl 83 and a new one lv 26.
The lvl 86 I can load it without any issue and play but with the other one (the level 26 shadow) whenever I load it I just see my character in the Sarn Encampment for 1 second and it just instantly logs out. It seems the bug happened after my client crashed while I was on that character.

I am not exactly sure what might be causing the issue... I restarted clientt several times and rebooted my PC and it's just affecting that specific character.

Any tips or clues is appreciated..
Thank you for your help..

Do you use Steam? If so, verify the cache/installation for Path of Exile and see if you still have the issue.

If you do NOT use Steam, then you can do the following:

Locate the PackCheck.exe file in the Path of Exile folder. Right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator". Once that is done, right-click on PathOfExile.exe and run that one as admin as well.

See if you still have the same problem.

If so, can you try running the GGPK Defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post and see if that clears it up.

If you're still having issues, can you try again and then post us the lats 5 to 10 lines of the Client.txt file in the Logs folder so we can see if any errors are being generated?
i have same problem, using steam version. Reboot, clear cache, verify integrity,... but still logout after 1 sec. Have many chars, working only one. Any sollution or hint?
email: incarnath@pathofexile.eu
Last edited by Incarnath on Sep 5, 2014, 11:30:37 AM
Reinstall game
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
i install regular PoE (not steam) and same problem only one character working.
Go My Games>Path of Exile and delete everything in folders, except folders.

Also you installed PoE into diferent folder then it was before?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 5, 2014, 12:51:50 PM
@Ekalindorskii: i do this, installed to another location

solution from support (SOLVED):
- login bugged character from another computer (working), move character to diferrent town/difficulty, logout
- login bugged character from main computer, working for now
Last edited by Incarnath on Sep 5, 2014, 1:43:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info