Masters of the Arena: Sign-up posted.

The new patch also messed a lot of things up and there are blatant unbalances now. I was interested before, but I'm definitely not anymore.
"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
GreenDude wrote:
Well you guys requested the event to happen and you guys made a list of 20 interested users. So if players are changing their minds then we will not host such an event again. This is a test tourney for us to see if players are genuinely interested in HLD events.

In fairness, there was no vote for the date and time that would work best for the actual participants. Instead, one was sprung on us a week in advance.

Obviously since you're recording/hosting, your availability is a priority. But pushing the tournament back so we can have a date that works for everyone (or at the very least, you + the majority of participants) would be great.

I seriously doubt 20 --> 4 can be attributed to a sudden lack of interest over the last two weeks. Inconvenience seems like the more logical reason, particularly since no accommodations were attempted for those who signed up for the interest list.

Still, there's a tendency for people to sign up after they've seen a lot of other people do so. You may want to put the current # of people signed up in the thread title to account for that. Might be a sudden influx of registrations towards Friday.

The time slot is the only one that is workable for most time zones. NA time zones are all off work , EU are staying up later because it is the weekend. etc. its the same time and day of the week we did the invitational (which was voted as the best time) and it is also a date that I can be availible to record.

I doubt the date is such an inconvience. Making room for a 2-3 hour event on a saturday night isn't hard if your a gamer.

Also players have 7 days to sign up. this is more than enough and should not be seen as a last minute invite. We had the interest list be posted almost a month ago. players knew it was coming and I kept getting msg'd "when is the HLD event coming". I think some ppl just dont check this forum enough and so spreading the word via ingame chat would help.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 2, 2014, 6:58:49 PM
i signed up! lets gogo power rangers

everyone please sign up i wana get this hld scene up and running!!
ign: flumie
/357218 -- Store
/1195032 -- <ZZZ> Sleepless Guild Thread -- 90+ AUS players in STD recruiting!
"
GreenDude wrote:
Well you guys requested the event to happen and you guys made a list of 20 interested users. So if players are changing their minds then we will not host such an event again. This is a test tourney for us to see if players are genuinely interested in HLD events.

Maybe because it's just after a patch and builds were destroyed
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Well in the interest list thread we did clearly state that the event would be after the 1.2.0 patch and that it would be on a weekend during september.

Therefore anyone who added their name to the interest list knew that their builds would be changed for the better or worse.

I'm sorry if this was not enough time for you to revise your build. I still hope you can participate with it and do your best.
I just signed up, although I have no idea how this whole tournament thing will work.

I think not many people are participating because the signup process seems a bit complicated over an external site.

GGG should really add tournament functionality, like they said they would do 1 year ago..
"
Xorim wrote:
I just signed up, although I have no idea how this whole tournament thing will work.

I think not many people are participating because the signup process seems a bit complicated over an external site.

GGG should really add tournament functionality, like they said they would do 1 year ago..

How is it complicated? The application process takes what 30 seconds?

The site offers a lot so signing up once will give you more than just this one time tournament signup.
Last edited by GreenDude on Sep 3, 2014, 5:34:27 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
"
Xorim wrote:

How is it complicated? The application process takes what 30 seconds?

The site offers a lot so signing up once will give you more than just this one time tournament signup.

well 8 participants is double from what we had yesterday, if the trend continues we might reach 20 till dead line.
BTW is this going to be a single knockout tournament with randomized bracket or if not, how will it work?
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Quick bump: Today is the last day to sign up. We currently have 11 players. This is already plenty to have a nice tourney but ideally I would love to see 20 :)
Was going to sign up but realised I won't be home
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info