Masters of the Arena: Sign-up posted.

News post:
http://poearena.com/index.php?/topic/106-masters-of-the-arena-hld-1v1-sc-tournament/

The link to the sign up is in the post. Please read the details posted carefully!
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Aug 31, 2014, 12:01:22 AM
You should edit OP with the forum names of the people who sign up so we can see how many peepz are officially signed up
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

I dont see a reason why tbh. Character names need to be anonymous anyway. And players who are genuinely interested in such an event should not need to see the names of others to be convinced they should play themselves. this event can help grow HLD and that should be big enough motivator. Maybe ill publish the list of accounts on the last day for sign up.
"
GreenDude wrote:
I dont see a reason why tbh. Character names need to be anonymous anyway. And players who are genuinely interested in such an event should not need to see the names of others to be convinced they should play themselves. this event can help grow HLD and that should be big enough motivator. Maybe ill publish the list of accounts on the last day for sign up.

Yeah character names should be anonymous, that's why I suggested forum names.

And ideally, yes, you're right - it should be enough. Unfortunately, due to normal human psychology, it's usually not. Most people are naturally deterred from signing up for an event that may fail.

At any rate, it's obviously your choice. If you want to screen out people without a certain threshold of conviction, I wouldn't publish the list on the last day either since that's not particularly consistent.

i want to just say that some ppl in ICU guild decide to not partecipate if they see that some known RMT signed up.
personally i cant partecipate because on saturday i will be out of city, i really hope that this event will be repeated.
PvP Team Omniscient

IGN: aBearTrap / AnExplosiveArrow

[quote="MullaXul"]ICU + alpha, bad idea[/quote]
"
tempallo wrote:
i want to just say that some ppl in ICU guild decide to not partecipate if they see that some known RMT signed up.
personally i cant partecipate because on saturday i will be out of city, i really hope that this event will be repeated.

I will glady rekt the pvp rmters.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
update: I've added a participant count on the sign up thread as well as the deadline date and time.
"
GreenDude wrote:
update: I've added a participant count on the sign up thread as well as the deadline date and time.

just 4 participants, ie 3 other than me. Looks like this even is going to fail :(
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Sep 2, 2014, 4:55:26 AM
Well you guys requested the event to happen and you guys made a list of 20 interested users. So if players are changing their minds then we will not host such an event again. This is a test tourney for us to see if players are genuinely interested in HLD events.
"
GreenDude wrote:
Well you guys requested the event to happen and you guys made a list of 20 interested users. So if players are changing their minds then we will not host such an event again. This is a test tourney for us to see if players are genuinely interested in HLD events.

In fairness, there was no vote for the date and time that would work best for the actual participants. Instead, one was sprung on us a week in advance.

Obviously since you're recording/hosting, your availability is a priority. But pushing the tournament back so we can have a date that works for everyone (or at the very least, you + the majority of participants) would be great.

I seriously doubt 20 --> 4 can be attributed to a sudden lack of interest over the last two weeks. Inconvenience seems like the more logical reason, particularly since no accommodations were attempted for those who signed up for the interest list.

Still, there's a tendency for people to sign up after they've seen a lot of other people do so. You may want to put the current # of people signed up in the thread title to account for that. Might be a sudden influx of registrations towards Friday.

Last edited by Bhai on Sep 2, 2014, 5:04:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info