Haku mision what just killed me

So my Lvl 86 chracter was running through Plateau map and encountered my good mate Haku with his usual mission.

I entered and the area mods were:

- poison on hit
- 25% increased monster damage

Thought well this should be easy so strolled thru and figured since it was a L76 area might as well kill the monsters in there which were just your basic zombies for some experience.

Anyway I killed a few and they came back to life which was weird so I killed them again and they came back to life and all of a sudden one hit me...next thing you know my life drained to 0 in about 1 second.

Determied that it was an aberration I did it again, and wham same thing. And then a third time. In the end I decided just to run through, grab the spirit and run back out again ignoring the monsters. No problemo.

Anyway since I was belted down to 0% experience now so had nothing to lose, I figured I'd try it again. Went back in, got hit a couple times, there was a slight damage over time occurring, but nothing like the insta rips before I'd grabbed the spirit

Now I don't have any chaos resistance, but I've never had that happen with 'poison on hit' even in higher level areas.

So I'd like to know what happened, just in case I ever cop a similar mission with same mod.
If you are an evasion build, falling rocks maybe?
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
Desync killed you?
Nope no falling rocks and not desync - for once :-)
was your dps high? maybe it was reflect.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
No, no phys reflect, , it was damage over time. Definitely the poison on hit mod, just can't understand why it was almost instant HP depletion...it was like corrupting blood but on steroids and without the ability to use a flask to stop it.
Monster crits = higher damage poison?
Maybe the monsters have innate % increased poison damage?
That could be it I suppose, but still seems extreme. I'm sure I would have had it happen before, if it happened three times in a row this time.
"
cdchi1 wrote:
That could be it I suppose, but still seems extreme. I'm sure I would have had it happen before, if it happened three times in a row this time.

When you took less damage, were you being hit by non-raised monsters? Maybe the summon/raise skill on whatever was raising them has a modifier, causing higher DoT/poison.
"
SponTen wrote:
"
cdchi1 wrote:

When you took less damage, were you being hit by non-raised monsters? Maybe the summon/raise skill on whatever was raising them has a modifier, causing higher DoT/poison.

To be honest, not sure anything was raising them at all because when I went back in after the mission was complete, anything I killed didn't resurrect. When they resurrected while doing the mission, the resurrected zombies were a transparent blue, like you get when you face a rare with the soul conduit mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info