Game crash after killing normal dominus

Today I reached Dominus with my second character and encountered a problem - when I reach his second phase I get an error "demon_rain.ogg" or another similar error. When it crashed 4 times in this manner I had him killed but when attempting to speak to Dialla I would instantly get another error - something along the lines of "mara_dend.ogg", thus making it impossible for me to progress to the cruel difficulty. I ran a pack check, tried using software audio and my audio card isn't Creative. Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Post your dxdiag. Is this happened earlier?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Aug 30, 2014, 3:51:31 PM
If you ran the packcheck as admin and nothing came up, you could also try running the GGPK defrag application linked in the Consolidated Technical sticky post. It might free up some space and possibly fix the corruption.

It might also be worth running the PackCheck.exe as admin again after running the defrag to make sure there was no corruption brought over.

Good luck.
I had this TWICE while trying to do Dominus normal as well. Never had ANY crash issues with PoE before.

edit: exact same issue as op, only once from killing Dominus and once from talking to Dialla.
Last edited by bannedwagon on Aug 30, 2014, 6:13:58 PM
makrellvott Did you use software audio? Update sound card drivers.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Aug 31, 2014, 2:30:45 AM
I should probably give some background information about my problem - I am running the game on Windows XP SP3 with 2 GB RAM and I have always had memory issues due to my heavily outdated system but I have never had problems with crashes except when running the game multiple hours and loading many instances, but this generally happened rarely and I came to accept it. My real problems started with the release of the recent expansion (I've played PoE since open beta). There was a minor patch 2 or 3 days ago which seemingly fixed the issues but since yesterday's (or the day before's) patch these crashes appeared again.
I am running the defrag tool right now and will edit my post with the results when it finishes and I try to kill Dominus again.
Thanks for the suggestions!

*Edit: The defrag cut off 1480 MB from the game and it even seems to run a bit better (less 1-2 second screen freezes and shorter area loading times) but the crash on the second phase persists. I am uploading a screencap of the error.
Spoiler
Last edited by Nihil123 on Aug 31, 2014, 5:26:46 AM
I'm using onboard sound. I have a potatoish system as well :D

4 Gb ram/intel E7300/Radeon 4850 512Mb Win XP 32-bit

Ran the defrag tool and it only shaved off a small amount from the ggpk file. Ran packcheck with no errors after.

I'll probably just disable sound before my next Dominus fight. Managed to progress because initiating dialog with dialla activates the wp in next difficulty.

Again, the game never crashes for me except the two times I did Dominus last night. Error message was very much like the one you posted Nihil.
Post your Dxdiags to be able to see what is the date of your audio drivers. Run>Dxdiag
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Aug 31, 2014, 6:43:42 AM
As I suspected; I do have really old drivers :D

Downloading latest ALC883 drivers now. Hope it fixes the issue for me.
Here's the dxdiag - http://pastebin.com/WDxKgECB

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info