Righteous Fire + Flame Surge High Life Build (in progress)

It seems like Righteous Fire does so much damage already that discharge is there just to put the final touch on the mob. Everything close to you will ignite anyways and I just dont see the usefulness of added ele pro to it when as soon as you run up them with RF on they are going to ignite and die within a second. Discharge seems like it would just add damage to finish every mob off a little bit quicker.

TL:DR seems overkill
That much is true. I personally don't feel very safe walking up near mobs, so I tend to see it as trying to discharge-prolif them from afar, then if things survive and walk up to you they'll melt. So I guess I see the RF aoe as more of a defensive thing in an awkward way.

Also, in the case of large packs, the range coverage (and security) of discharge and prolif simply can not be compared to that of RF.
Hey. I leveled a very similar build on HC in early July or so when everyone was busy playing the one-week race. Since you're interested in this kind of build I thought I'd share. The character is still alive and is level 80 on HC as of now.

In my spec I've made a few DPS-heavy diversions from "pure" RF, though; it includes gear-independent double curse for a massive DPS/survivability boost, Eldritch Battery to take care of mana needs, triple auras + HoA. and The Three Dragons so that I could shock with Flame Surge to boost its damage further by 1.5x basically for free. Even though the passive shock notable isn't remotely as powerful and point-effective as it was before (I only get 15.4% total chance to shock without investing in extra nodes), the damage is well enough to shock every map boss for >8 seconds, during which time they either die or the shock duration is renewed... about twice. You can only imagine how good it was back when shocks stacked for a total of 1.9x more damage.

Approximate paper DPS by level 90 is calculated to be ~80k, of which around 22k is RF degen, the rest being Flame Surge. I socket Flame Surge in Doon Cuebiyari with Conc Effect and Fire Pen (switchable for Life Leech if needs be for about a 12k DPS loss).

This spec should do noticeably more damage than ZiggyD-style Ele Equilibrium Cyclone/Leap Slam in its current state, but life regeneration takes a noticeable hit with slightly less than 100 delta HP/sec regen since I take the upper highway (not quite as bad with the new flasks and Cyclone + LGoH + Faster Attacks).

Also, you should drop Grace if you're taking Unwavering Stance (can't evade, yo) and skipping Iron Reflexes. The Dex requirements are pretty steep, too. Regarding HoA, however, it is a sizable DPS boost, all things considered: the 15% from quality are like two extra fire damage nodes for a meager price. With all the multipliers applied that's like 3-4k DPS. Herald of Ice can also be used, but with Flame Surge it's rather pointless as you'd only use it on bosses anyway.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Last edited by moozooh on Sep 9, 2014, 8:46:54 PM
SORRY FOR NECRO, CAN'T FIND A DEFINITIVE ANSWER!!!

"
Yes I know herald of ash wont work, that would be for a melee type build.

I never said anything about linking Iron will to rightious fire though, I'm using it on Flame Surge.

Aren't herald qualities affecting the global damage? So 20% quality Herald of Ash would boost RF damage by 15%?
http://i.imgur.com/8fqgfAh.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info