HELP! No keyboard or mouse input

Dudes, something terrible happened to my PC and it is pretty much bricked now.

So there I was trying to update my nvidia networking controller, which detected some old drovers and demanded to reboot.

After rebooting this happens:

- no screen,, just blank after win xp logo stops loading, but I hear that the hdd loads the desktop as usual.
- in safe mode I have no input of mouse or keyboard, none at all, tried multiple mice, both usb and PS/2 and I see that my pci bus drivers are gone.
- in bios all works well but once windows desktop loads I have no way of communicating with my pc.

Fun thing is that my dvd drive is AWOL so I can't boot from the windows disc.

It's like if all drivers for external accessories are gone.

God damn dudes, help me out, I'm typing this from my ancient eee pc 901 and it barely handles modern web browsers lol.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Just reinstall windows. I can mail you a disc if you need.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
Just reinstall windows. I can mail you a disc if you need.

Got the disc but my dvd drive isn't working for some magical reason (it works in another PC).

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

Maybe there is a way to do a factory reset of some sort? That's the only thing I could think of.
"
arpgfan wrote:
Maybe there is a way to do a factory reset of some sort? That's the only thing I could think of.

There is, repairing from windows cd, but that's out of my reach today. So far I have found out that it is a common problem with nvidia controller installer and many people have crashed like me lol. GG nvidia.

I need a nice freeware application for booting from pendrive, all I need is to swap some files, anyone recommending anything?

microsoft supplies a dvd to usb tool, install it from a stick.

if that wont work for you, use this

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 29, 2014, 9:41:32 AM
"
"
arpgfan wrote:

There is, repairing from windows cd, but that's out of my reach today. So far I have found out that it is a common problem with nvidia controller installer and many people have crashed like me lol. GG nvidia.

I need a nice freeware application for booting from pendrive, all I need is to swap some files, anyone recommending anything?

Its the microsoft version of the driver thats wrecking your shit. If you bothered to install the nvidia chipset drivers for your machine it would be fine right now.

Just because it "works" doesnt mean its working correctly.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Aug 29, 2014, 9:50:56 AM
"
tramshed wrote:
microsoft supplies a dvd to usb tool, install it from a stick.

if that wont work for you, use this

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Unetbootin won't work for me because it requires too much space on C drive which my netbook can't provide lol. Will try that dvd to usb thingy.

its like three megabytes or something. If you cant use it, the microsoft tool wont work either. Delete some shit.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
its like three megabytes or something. If you cant use it, the microsoft tool wont work either. Delete some shit.

Yes but when I run it it starts to download a 922mb linux distribution to my C drive and there is no option to change it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info