Freezepulse Crit w/ Pyre brainstorming

Hey guys, I recently got a wand that I would like to mess around with. After looking around, I was unable to find any builds that really compliment it (most fire builds I didn't like much, such as fireball)

The wand:

I was thinking of a freezepulse crit build with pyre. It could run AA and just get a crap load of mana to sustain/some auras.

Some ideas I have come up with
Thinking about:

Three dragons
Cloak of Defiance
Pyre

Links most likely FB/LL/GMP/ECHO + 2 flavor for 5/6 (fire pen, faster cast, power charge on crit, added element, etc).

Run Clarity/discipline/herald of ice w/ AA.

EB / as many of the mana nodes I can grab. If I ditch the block nodes, I can potentially put ~8-10 into other stuff.

Cool thing is, there are quite a few options. Auras, blocking, dmg, cast speed.

Base build ATM: (96 pts)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCECyc0PVBlgVCh2UQWK6zTLMOSBGWf8aio8HzlSAtH0lR8NWVLgce2wuCHl3yjDadY-WOpLFwUonTcNVVS2HiJpUWv_IdZJ3r9Y_6BAc6WFXGg9usmOxVKo1JGzbY8WwabJ2upwjYJDbFHwLjajbpJKoWb-Qitvr3po5kXca1BEbXYG3d84KbKU_sOJBVp4QaOKIAFE2DOJ2ABLPwH2pDwFS86msXCPRJsgelAuNtGR9BAx5-WSepr5tfKuvk

With sovereignty: (101 pt build)

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCECyc0PVBlgVCh2UQWK6zTLMOSBGWf8aio8HzlSAtH0lR8NWVLgce2wuCHl3yjDadY-WOpLFwUonTcNVVS2HiJpUWv_IdZJ3r9Y_6BAc6WFXGg9usmOxVKo1JGzbY8WwabJ2upwjYJDbFHwLjajbpJKoWb-Qitvr3po5kXca1BEbXYG3d84KbKU_sOJBVp4QaOKIAFE2DOJ2ABLPwH2pDwFS86msXCPRJsgelAuP60hcvZOdV1oCkH0EDHq-bbRl-WSepXyrr5A==

does anyone have input/advice? I would like to do something with the wand, but no idea what to do with it. No one seems interested in buying it atm.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Aug 30, 2014, 6:09:31 PM
:[
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
i tested my lowlife pulser with pyre and while the damage/burns were very nice, i kinda lacked defense. without pyre, i can permafreeze shrine piety and almost every other monster in the game. thats alot of defense youre giving up by going pyre.
If you go Pyre, you'll get benefit from both frost and fire nodes. You should totally thus get frost walker as well as the fire walker you already have. Potentially also the shadow frost nodes, though those aren't as obvious choice as the one point for 15% frost damage and 15% resist.

I bought a Pyre for cheap a while ago before I realized it won't work with elemental proliferation builds. It's not an useless ring, but I think the best uses are either for the frost-fire double dipping or just getting all your frost damage to fire for elemental reflect since AA could potentially prevent a good chunk of reflect from something like freezing pulse if the damage was fire.
"
perselmokki wrote:
If you go Pyre, you'll get benefit from both frost and fire nodes. You should totally thus get frost walker as well as the fire walker you already have. Potentially also the shadow frost nodes, though those aren't as obvious choice as the one point for 15% frost damage and 15% resist.

I bought a Pyre for cheap a while ago before I realized it won't work with elemental proliferation builds. It's not an useless ring, but I think the best uses are either for the frost-fire double dipping or just getting all your frost damage to fire for elemental reflect since AA could potentially prevent a good chunk of reflect from something like freezing pulse if the damage was fire.

Thanks, this is exactly the kind of input I was looking for.

I did not know that about double dipping.

I was also thinking of using AA for mitigation, as I saw some talk of that in the freezepulser theory thread.

I don't plan to use proliferation, I just want to make use of that wand I found. So I was thinking of a crit pulser that is based around life with EB for AA.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Since the build only has 149% HP atm, was thinking of maybe grabbing some % block nodes too to help with mitigation.

Maybe the spell block by witch and the elemental blocks by templar
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
That wand gives 82 cold and 82 spell crit. 6 mods though, so no room for cast.

http://poe.xyz.is/search/kugootubetigow

Look for a 5-mod wand/scepter so you can slap a cast mod on it.

[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
That wand gives 82 cold and 82 spell crit. 6 mods though, so no room for cast.

http://poe.xyz.is/search/kugootubetigow

Look for a 5-mod wand/scepter so you can slap a cast mod on it.

someone was telling me that with pyre the +fire dmg would apply on the wand as well
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
still trying to think of ideas
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Not really sure where I am going with it but burning ice nova build? tree below.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37BJsiycr5sQWIdl0PVBlgVCPV9SU5eVTLOus1Aw214RD1XGOlismOxVKo1JGzbY8WxxeRccEmmdrqcItQTkIhpsgpspT4V97DiQVaeEGjhG113GBVuLjOFz7SDd82BtnYCDOO98FE0Es_AfogCHGWwW_Esn7ayqWfPAGrb696aOZBZvJKo26eNq378Ucfjr6hj3MnKpJbwJ9iWt_QsDxtrdH8crePtFJOF85RhqeC-boffXWAePRgJxGJFQRxQgpzCD2w==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info