Herald of Ash proliferation wander

This works OK (not great, but not bad) as a first character. Getting a good wand can be difficult, and it really benefits from gear a lot. That said, the build is clever enough to scrape by for a good whiile with mediocre stuff.

I'm near map time and wondering if I should cut out the life/ES melding cluster and the path around it, and reallocate those points to go down from shadow start to get Hired Killer and the crit cluster - then over to acrobatics/phase acrobatics. Instead of approx 40 int and the life/ES nodes you get full acroatics for about the same points. Thoughts on acrobatics with this?
I'm curious about something, there are 3 "increased damage over time" passive nodes that the OP skipped. They're +9 +9 & +27% (Entropy). I'd think those would be a nice boost to the overkill burning damage.

I've looked a bunch of other builds that heavily focus on Herald of Ash... I haven't seen one yet that uses those nodes - even ones like the OP where you don't waste a single point to pick them up.

I know that for most(or all) builds those nodes don't help to increase the amount of overkill damage (like increased elemental damage nodes can), but shouldn't they boost the burning damage done by Herald of Ash (overkill *1.45) which would also increase the amount of damage done with Elemental Proliferation?

what am I missing or don't understand?
"
Dafyd wrote:
I'm curious about something, there are 3 "increased damage over time" passive nodes that the OP skipped. They're +9 +9 & +27% (Entropy). I'd think those would be a nice boost to the overkill burning damage.

I've looked a bunch of other builds that heavily focus on Herald of Ash... I haven't seen one yet that uses those nodes - even ones like the OP where you don't waste a single point to pick them up.

I know that for most(or all) builds those nodes don't help to increase the amount of overkill damage (like increased elemental damage nodes can), but shouldn't they boost the burning damage done by Herald of Ash (overkill *1.45) which would also increase the amount of damage done with Elemental Proliferation?

what am I missing or don't understand?

Those clusters will be too weak to pick them up, not worth your points.

2OP

The main problem of burn proliferating builds is FIRE RESIST. No, you cant use Fire Penetration there :). I'd suggested to consider getting +1-2 curses (nodes/items), also it would be nice to get BURN DURATION nodes for convenience.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
While I believe Sherkan's approach to be better dps-wise, I think doing this based on a phys wander could give us a lot more survivability for HC.
I think I'm going to run this in the next HC league, my tree with Acro:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAx4GIwceCaAOSBGWFLAWvx9BJpUqCy0fNj0_c0lRTLNQMFVLWbxh4mNDbOdtbG-ecFJzcHcHf8aCHoMJhxOMC4w2lSCVLpphm7WcpJ-IoqO1SLl8vu7B88JzwzrFKMfKyUTKSs5w7LDw1fPq9ls6Qkt43agwcdQjBbXo1iLqwcX670qa_GSiBPbnVcaD2wQHOlhsjJ2qYqzPerIZMgGbJtsLrEdRTErIPycqTX1bKjipbrXybqrYvTWS53T-j03jplc64fJF_grA40tX8bMxnkV8l5f79bQ45RnjhGpDwFS86msX

When wearing Atziri's step and running Vaal Grace, this will be so much more tanky. Even if the life pool is a bit on the low side for my taste, 175% is doable.

Tree is flexible, for example you can pick Charisma cluster to run Hatred/Grace, HoA and HoT (for auto cursing) early on. Or you could get the AoE nodes at witch, tho I wouldn't really know what to sacrifice for them. Maybe VP is not needed after all...
Maybe good with ths wand?

I love pie.
That's a nice Op wand you have there.. It will work fine, it's overkill even - as the APS isn't really needed for burn prolif builds. Can't hurt tho ;)

I've re-worked my tree, going with this in new league (don't need VP with enough EV/dodge):

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwW1BiMHHgj0CaAOSBGWFLAWvxzcH0Ej9iT9JpUqCy0fMHEwfDIBNj06QjpYP3NGcUlRSbFKmktXS3hMs02SUDBRR1VLVcZZvGHiYetirGNDakNrF2yMbOdtbG-ecFJzcHpTfyt_xoIegwmD24wLjDaNfY2_kyeVIJUummGbJp2qn4iiBKKjshm0DLVIuXy86sBUwOPBxcHzwnPFKM5wz3rUI9aK18_dqOOE51TndOjW7LDviPDV8bPz6vZb9uf5N_rv_GT_3kV8tDjlGZeX-_V3B4cTnKQ=

Rat's nest or Maligaros (not both), chest Belly or Daresso's Defiance (very underrated imo).
What I love is that it'll work with a slow-ass wand that nobody else wants, plus prophecy's have the highest possible flat and base crit, meaning I will likely be able to almost cap my crit chance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info