Herald of Ash proliferation wander

Stats overview
Spoiler

important gem setups:
power siphon + physical projectile attack damage + added fire + crit multi + weapon elemental damage + additional accuracy
herald of ash + red mana + proliferation + increased burning damage (I will replace red mana with conc effect if I can and it works)

other auras:
hatred, can be replaced by grace.

videos
Spoiler

underground sea (lvl 70 map) http://youtu.be/Y2tWcXhvFSY
I will do a Gorge speedclear when I 5link my carcass jack and upgrade my wand.

passives

gear
Spoiler

Current gear

Final gear:
6link carcass jack, gg wand and jewelry

Bandits:
Help oak twice (life and phys damage), then help Alira (power charge)

Recommended masters:
Tora (wand crafting), Elreon (jewelry crafting) and Zana (maps)
Last edited by Zypp on Aug 30, 2014, 3:51:23 PM
You have Tora and Catarina mixed up.
IGN: Dmillz
Tora is correct for wand crafting ( physical ).

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Looks crazy good. How is it on more difficult maps?
Why don't you get phys dmg or attack speed instead of elemental at shadow start? Don't see anything that scales with ele.
Last edited by Aggnog on Aug 28, 2014, 3:11:02 PM
"
Looks crazy good. How is it on more difficult maps?

It slows down a lot. When you don't always oneshot with a crit the overkill damage is very unreliable. This is especially problematic in big parties. Having that said, the video was made with only a 150 dps wand. I don't think this will be a problem in 78 maps with a party with a better wand.
why take EB without es on gear?

do you have enough evasion for survivability with minimal armour? or is this a pure sc build?
"
Foggydew wrote:
why take EB without es on gear?

do you have enough evasion for survivability with minimal armour? or is this a pure sc build?

You can do the build on hardcore, just replace hatred with grace (the build actually has a decent amount of increased evasion). This will also fix the reflect problem you will surely face with a better wand. I take EB because it's only 1 point and I will get carcass jack (which has ES). Having more mana improves the mana leech (I haven't done any math on whether or not this is absolutely necessary).
"
Aggnog wrote:
Why don't you get phys dmg or attack speed instead of elemental at shadow start? Don't see anything that scales with ele.

Check out the offensive stats I just added, about 2/3 of my damage is elemental. Generic elemental damage also increases the burn caused by herald of ash, so it's essentially double dipping.
"
Zypp wrote:
"
Aggnog wrote:

Check out the offensive stats I just added, about 2/3 of my damage is elemental. Generic elemental damage also increases the burn caused by herald of ash, so it's essentially double dipping.

All your elemental damage scales off your physical (unless you're running herald of ice as well?), so increasing physical would scale it better. However, as you do double dip significantly with the burn, elemental is clearly the choice to get out of shadow here.

You shouldn't be having reflect problems as you only hit one target at once and your hit damage is split across both elemental and physical so should only be a problem with double reflect (that being said, a crit off double reflect of any type does risk hurting you a lot).

I really like the concept of potentially having a... 9/10-link prolif. (holy zen the borkedness) But I believe instead of going down into scion you should probably be going into templar.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcEswceCPQJoA5ID6sPxBGWEmkUTRSwFm8WvxccGjgabB8CJKomlSlPKgstHzKJNj02xTbpOlg7fD1fP3NFfElRSppMs1AwUlNVS1XGV-JZvGHiYqxjQ2pDbIxs520ZbWxwUnF5c3B35X_Ggh6Cm4M4g9uFfYwLjDaQVZUglS6XlZeXl_SaYZ2qna6fiKIAogSio6cIpzSnhLDYtDi1SLjKuXy86r7uwFTAnMHFwfPCc8Uox8rJRM5w2CTbC-Nq44TkIuUZ7DjssO988B_w1fPq9lv25_rv-_X8ZA==

You drop the attack/cast speed notable from scion (who cares, you're burn prolif), the crit cluster (painful), evasion (most problematic imo, as there's nowhere good to make it up) and some energy shield (which you don't seem to have a lot of anyways). In exchange you pick up another power charge (mitigating most of the loss of the crit cluster), a lot of damage (75% increased burning! 40% WED!), some chaos resistance, more life, a bigger prolif area, and the potential to expand into even more elemental damage and the templar starting mana regen (or drop EB to pick up some ES on your shield, either or).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info