DRelentless' Low-life/Blood Magic/Righteous Fire ($Budget Build)- Atziri Down!

[Update 3]

With the snapshot gone, less +max resist on passive tree. As expected almost nobody want to do a RF build, therefore prices for Rise of the Phoenix dropped hard. So I decided to do my own RF build Low-life Blood Magic Style to prove that it is still very much viable, even stronger I believe using a Scion.

The build is still in progress, currently playing Rampage League at level 87. But I need to share this very powerful, party leader, and yet extremely cheap build.

The Build: Lowlife / Blood Magic - Mortal Conviction / Righteous Fire

Budget: 3-4 exa need to start off

No Shavs required / no 5L required / 6 auras / End-Game viable / Boss Killer / Atziri Capable

Downside- Play Style might not be suitable for HC (although viable)

How to make it work?

1.)Max Fire Resist 93%
- Rise of the Phoenix = +8%
- Level 23 Purity of Fire w/ 62% aura effectiveness + 21% Inner force buff = +9%
- Passive Tree = +1%

2.)Life gain on kill - to sustain level 1 Ice Nova
- Can be easily found on weapons/gloves/rings

3.)Ice Nova to trigger Elemental Equilibrium

4.)Ice Nova linked to Curse on Hit - Flammability or Vulnerabilty (that's -90% resist every time!)

5.)Flask is your life - learn to manage it. Can't control your flask? build will not work, period.
- Reduced flask charges use on Belts is very important
- Extra charges & Recharge when u take a critical on Flask is good

6.)Uses all defensive Auras - Discipline/Determination/Vitality/3 Purities
- Need at least level 19 Purity of fire & lvl 1 empower placed on any 1h weapon w/ +1 gem +2 fire to reach level 23 purity of fire.

7.)Craft your own ES gears if still under budget
- Buy any ES gloves/helms/boots with flat ES & hybrid ES% Stun Recovery with still 1 prefix available(very important!) http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_Affix --> then craft ES% with level 4 Master Haku

8.) Minimum 3800 ES @lvl 17 Vitality to sustain RF at Level 70 Transition (Make sure you have all the gears ready before doing lowlife (Important!)

Calculations

Total Flat ES:
Discipline @lvl 17= 260 * 1.83 = 500 es
Helm = 200 es
Boots = 160 es
Gloves = 160 es
R.O.P = 80 es
Belt = 40 es
Ring&Amy = 60 es
Passive Tree = 40 es

Total Flat ES = 1240 es

Total ES%
Passive Tree = 194%
Int on gears-> 60 int = 12%

Total ES% = 206%

Grand Total ES = 1240 + 1240 *(206%) = 3794 ES

Your ES regen against Righteous Fire Degen
Vitality @level 17 = 1.5% * 1.83 = 2.745%
Passive Tree = 6%
Total = 8.745%

ES regen = 3794 * 8.745% = 332 Es Regen/second

RF Degen = (life * 90% + ES * 70%) * Inner Force @ 93% fire resist
RF Degen = (say 1400 * 90% + 3794 * 70%) * 1.21 * 7% = 332 ES Degen/second

Therefore you need at least around 3800 ES to sustain RF

9.) Why I said Boss Killer?

- It uses Vaal Discipline! which last for 6.42 sec, most boss/exile die less than 5 seconds. And while Vaal Discipline is up, you are basically unkillable. I also use Vaal Grace for Apex Fight.
- Able to kill easily considered avoid map bosses(Temple, Jungle, Torture chamber, Maze, Crema). Apex boss fight don't last long, just face tank them, no running away.
- These Vaal Gems synergy with the build are the main reason why I can say Lowlife BM RF builds are stronger than Life based RF

10.) Can be a IIR Character. Farm while Leveling

- Even without a Concentrated Effect, the damage is substantial. Can use Wondertrap boots.

11.) Bandits- Kill/Kill/Kill

Current Gears

- With Current gears RF calculated damage is 17.5k. Able to carry a 6 man party dps single handedly lvl 69-70 maps.

- Around 1850 Life & 6000+ ES (That's 7850 combined! an end game life build RF already. It is still has plenty of room to grow!
- During Atziri Fight, I use a cheap pure ES chest(since no chaos damage). My total ES becomes 8600+
- With level 20 Purity of Ice & Light, I will have 82% max light & cold resist
- Helms/Boots/Gloves still upgradable with ar/es based preferred. High Armour to belt is needed

- Temporary use of

or a corrupted +1 max resist amulet

If you can't still reach 3800 es, to sustain RF.

Planning to get upgrade on the following:
- Get a +1 gem boots/gloves with lvl 2 empower, to put purity of fire there
- Use my favorite Redbeak! for 100% bonus damage, 20k+ dps easily achievable.
- Get a +1 max resist amulet or +1 curse amulet

Will still update if have time. Enjoy!

Early video of Level 71 Colonnade

- Gems setups are outdated
- Enfeebled Map
- 432 kill streak Rampage (didn't plan it, but I already reached 1000 solo kill streak with this build :D)

Last edited by Drelentless on Sep 6, 2014, 6:02:14 PM
Nice one indeed, actually I was planning a hybrid RF build (with high Chaos Resist ofc) for Rampage focus on high ES and Regen for the best DPS output, but your build look like a very good one too. It's just kinda hard to have the 1+ Gems & +2 Fire Gems Wand / Sceptre so build around Aura and Buff Effect like you is kinda hard for me right now. For the moment I guess I'll stick with Ephemeral Edge or Redbeak instead (both have their own advantage) and later I'll do something more of the DPS version of the build (more aura is nice but I feel much safer with more ES - maybe it just me).

BTW thanks for posting the build. :)
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Aug 30, 2014, 9:44:01 PM
This build looks im amazing and im in the process of respeccing a scion in to this! Please post gameplay videos!
Updated
- Posted video of a Level 71 Colonnade (432 kill streak- not planned)
- adjusted the "Transition to lowlife @lvl 70" tree. Took 2 15% burning damage, instead of 2 8% fire damage (Flame surge was the initial planned build for this, too clunky)
- New Level 81 tree - Taking amplify

^ Thanks again SurVfate! I like seeing you in my thread :)

The +1 +2 Fire gem is needed if you'll start from scratch, since its the cheapest way, I got mine at 5c and will be even cheaper later. Hybrid life/ES will suffer from too high burning to yourself (90%life) since you'll have more life, and need many life regen nodes, so less ES nodes, your life regen nodes will not be very efficient, since you either choose life or es. But good luck with your plan :)

^ Thanks Sneaky. as per request - Gameplay Video is up!

Hmm nice build as usual.

Although Low Life is strong, I just really hate the Light Radius on Indoor maps. But based on your build it looks possible to shift it to a non-low life based one.

How does your build handle burst damage?
Dom IGN: Fiery_Holocaust
"
Shin_Kronoz wrote:
Hmm nice build as usual.

Although Low Life is strong, I just really hate the Light Radius on Indoor maps. But based on your build it looks possible to shift it to a non-low life based one.

How does your build handle burst damage?

How nice of you to drop by :)

Yes I know how u feel about the light radius. but arcane vision is 3 nodes away, so if u prefer more light it can be taken, remove the burn damage temporarily or amplify.

I don't think it can shift to non low life, since u need to concentrate on either es or life to maximize %life regen.

1 drink of granite gets my armour to 23k, and My es gears currently has no armour, it can be upgradable. With a 134% armour passive multiplied by 89% more with determination @lvl 18, a 500 increase in base armour will give me 2211 armour. a good helm can easily give me that

The gears currently is considered entry level, except for the amulet. and can be easily acquired. since you don't really invest much in offensive nodes, taking more es% as you level will just increase offense as well.

Last edited by Drelentless on Aug 31, 2014, 2:46:24 AM
Hi,

I respec my lvl 78 witch and roughly follow your tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEDxgSzCfYMXwx9DXwNjQ48EH8RUBRxFy8ZLhslHKcc3CL0JIsksCWtJbwnCyftKPovbzW5Nro8LT0PQYdCo0NjS65N2FOlVdZXyVj1WfNk52aeaHRsC2wWbRlwu3FNcql8u35Zf8aApIFvgseDtobRhxmMdo_6kFWTJ5SgmK2az53Enjyfy6crrKq0DLcxtz7AGsHFxPbGnsau2RPZW9pi34rfv-kC6hjquuwY8NX3MvfB-Ov56PrS_Ev9Cw==

with 1.6k life and 3.3k es, 93% fire resists, I keep on getting degen from rf with your build. I watched your video but look like not much degen, can tell me what is wrong?

"
Lim2x wrote:
Hi,

I respec my lvl 78 witch and roughly follow your tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAnEDxgSzCfYMXwx9DXwNjQ48EH8RUBRxFy8ZLhslHKcc3CL0JIsksCWtJbwnCyftKPovbzW5Nro8LT0PQYdCo0NjS65N2FOlVdZXyVj1WfNk52aeaHRsC2wWbRlwu3FNcql8u35Zf8aApIFvgseDtobRhxmMdo_6kFWTJ5SgmK2az53Enjyfy6crrKq0DLcxtz7AGsHFxPbGnsau2RPZW9pi34rfv-kC6hjquuwY8NX3MvfB-Ov56PrS_Ev9Cw==

with 1.6k life and 3.3k es, 93% fire resists, I keep on getting degen from rf with your build. I watched your video but look like not much degen, can tell me what is wrong?

Your 3.3k es is low. make it at least 3.8k, then temporarily use araku tiki amulet or a +1 max resist, to even out. you can replace the amulet if your es can reached 4.7k. avoid getting strength or life rolls on gears. buy high level vitality or discipline to help.
Since your running a grace aura with no IR, would it be worthwhile to spec out of unwavering stance and use an eye of chayula once your resistances are set? Or is the evasion not worth giving up that slot?
Maybe ive missed something but why are you running grace when you cant evade attacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info