How valuable are the opinions of people who do not play the game as intended?

"
Neoforce wrote:
Wait... this game is balanced around cheating and using alt-f4 so you dont die? Doesnt that just mean its only artificial danger and you might as well play softcore? I mean hell build tanky enough and have alt-f4 ready and.it sounds like the game would be a joke to beat.

The biggest problem with building tanky is the human factor of feeling bored. You need a certain clear speed to not feel bored:P.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Neoforce wrote:
Wait... this game is balanced around cheating and using alt-f4 so you dont die? Doesnt that just mean its only artificial danger and you might as well play softcore? I mean hell build tanky enough and have alt-f4 ready and.it sounds like the game would be a joke to beat.

The biggest problem with building tanky is the human factor of feeling bored. You need a certain clear speed to not feel bored:P.

See... there you go again. You get bored so you assume everyone else must too. The real problem with a build that's too tanky is that eventually the mobs start coming faster than you can kill them and you get overwhelmed by numbers. See. That's objective. Your subjective appraisal of the build means that your opinions should be taken "with a grain of salt".
"
Neoforce wrote:

Autopotion and autologout scripts exist for the winners
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
1.) More accessible endgame (default maze, less likely to drop low map garbage, happened in patch 1.02 iirc)
2.) FM with real crafting, vastly improved leveling curve, guaranteed linking
3.) Better looting (upped unique drop rate, lootboxes, exiles, etc...)

All these are a direct or indirect consequence of "QQing" by people who at some certain point in time "didn't play the game as intended".

There are very few madmen, who will today say that 1., 2. & 3. are bad for the game.

You can make your own conclusions how valuable are opinions of those who dont play as intended.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Neoforce wrote:

What do you mean by cheating?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Neoforce wrote:

What do you mean by cheating?

I think he means HC players are one very very very tiny step away from using autologout scripts...cough cough streamers. Currently auto-hotkey logout scripts are technically allowed and personally I believe it's not HC if you don't die to anything except a 1 shot.

To his second point alt-f4 is easier than standard, because at least standard players "try" to tank their way through massive hits.

Just my 2 cents of course. And I may have mis-interpretted his post.
"
mazul wrote:

There is solable content and there is party content. lv77+ maps were in the past shown to not be sustainable without trading and parties reduce the economic burden required to achieve a certain exp per hour.

There is also a difference between someone who refuses to party and someone who solos often while partying now and then.

The Masters content is heavily favorable towards parties, for instance. It does reduce the need of midgame trading (by "midgame" I mean the period from cruel to becoming map-ready). At the same time it makes trading more powerful as well due to the utility of items on the market being usually higher than before due to the extra cheap affix through master crafting-

This doesn't answer my question (and it's wrong).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

I think he means HC players are one very very very tiny step away from using autologout scripts...cough cough streamers. Currently auto-hotkey logout scripts are technically allowed and personally I believe it's not HC if you don't die to anything except a 1 shot.

To his second point alt-f4 is easier than standard, because at least standard players "try" to tank their way through massive hits.

Just my 2 cents of course. And I may have mis-interpretted his post.

Ah so they're not actually cheating. And yeah I too play softcore because of the higher difficulty Kappa

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

There is solable content and there is party content. lv77+ maps were in the past shown to not be sustainable without trading and parties reduce the economic burden required to achieve a certain exp per hour.

There is also a difference between someone who refuses to party and someone who solos often while partying now and then.

The Masters content is heavily favorable towards parties, for instance. It does reduce the need of midgame trading (by "midgame" I mean the period from cruel to becoming map-ready). At the same time it makes trading more powerful as well due to the utility of items on the market being usually higher than before due to the extra cheap affix through master crafting-

This doesn't answer my question (and it's wrong).

Be more precise in your question. Also note the difference between direct catering, indirect catering and giving small bread crumbs to someone.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Ah so they're not actually cheating. And yeah I too play softcore because of the higher difficulty Kappa

True not technically cheating. Just scummy, low class, etc. I also used to play HC and switched to standard leagues for the fun factor we are describing. I think of it the same way there are certain things you can do in life that are not illegal, they are definitely shady and make you a scum bag but at least you won't go to jail I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info