Crit Flicker one-shot

Any tried and true way to avoid getting one-shotted by those crit dagger flicker builds? I am a life build and haven't been able to take the hit yet. Ideally I want to be ale to survive a critical hit, so I can get an attack off. Block is too inconsistent with the -block gem. Any advice is welcome!
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Any tried and true way to avoid getting one-shotted by those crit dagger flicker builds? I am a life build and haven't been able to take the hit yet. Ideally I want to be ale to survive a critical hit, so I can get an attack off. Block is too inconsistent with the -block gem. Any advice is welcome!

good strategies include
smoke mine - 50% less chance to hit u
high mobility/ kiting - warp, ms, whirl
acrobatics - 40% chance for them to miss u
high evasion - over 10k (15k is good) will make most of them miss u a lot more
high block
high life/ES - for top flickers you will need 10k+ - hard for life chars very much
manually casting EC (echo + EC) and again manually casting IC - the more charges u have the better. U can get up to 4-5 s phys immunity relatively easy like this
reflect guardian - they will need to stop using multistrike and still sometimes flick the guardian and kill themselves
punishment + minions (best are raging spirits from my exp)

In anyway if u are melee u will have a hard time, if you are ranged you have a better chance.

I am up for dueling if u want to try any/all of these.

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 28, 2014, 5:17:12 AM
enfeeble
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Do you have capped block chance? If so you should still have 52% chance to block their attacks as block pen has been reduced to 30%. Also what's your hp and dps and what weapon are you using?
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
For you, high block + enfeeble + blind gem or smoke mine. Otherwise you're changing your character build/gear again.

Applying enfeeble and hoping it will stick while everyone's packing warding flasks is going to take patience. Getting someone to stupidly flicker into smoke mines...also real fun. You're better off hitting them and applying blind via gem or blocking a flicker and hoping to down them quick. The entire strategy for dealing with crit dagger is pretty much on the same level of stupid as dealing with puncture ranged traps. Can it be done? Suuuuuuuuuuure. Is it really practical to micromanage so many different "temporary" options hoping one will stick all while avoiding a 1 button 1hit ko braindead experience? Noooooooooope. Its like destroying/dodging traps while still being able to move to gain ground and avoid bleeding via flask management. You're working your ass off while the other guys like "duuuuuuuur deeee duuuuuuuur i r did shit hur hur".

You have a swiss army knife while the other guy has a gun. If that wasn't lopsided enough you're relying on RNG to survive and the other guy being stupid. If the dagger isn't dumb, you're left with only 1 option block + blind gem and applying it before you die.

Call it bitching and moaning, but you all know that's how it goes. You learn to live with it because it'll eventually change.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 28, 2014, 4:35:18 PM
Not more to say here, what Mulla says is 100% true, good he is back.
I also hope GGG change crit and puncture in PVP someday.
"
PigBrother wrote:
Not more to say here, what Mulla says is 100% true, good he is back.
I also hope GGG change crit and puncture in PVP someday.

Aswell as molten Shell
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I have not played PvP(or PoE in general) for a long time, but doesn't the nerf of block penetration gem, paired with the new physical reflect on block passives really help? When i first saw that 15% reflect on block i though: "Oh shit! Flickers are so screwd in PvP :D"
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 29, 2014, 9:17:24 AM
Dudes that one shot other dudes complaining about being one shot.

When a 2h cyclone leap slam stuns you and desyncs u to death with cyclone that is skill, but when a crit dagger flicker-whirls you than its non balance.

I am a flicker dagger, its true that in sarn arena I rule, but simply because at least 50% of players there are just messing around with sub par gear/passives/skills and yes even flasks. When I vs serious PVPers I have to use very different strategies/skills to survive and potentially get a kill.

It is true that other melee (wep and main skill) are inherently inferior to crit flicker, but so is generally melee inherently weaker to traps/ranged, but some melee win. There might be some skill involved.

But in the bottom line we are not PVPing in PoE for skill... u want to show skill, go play SC2 or whatever.

Imo PVP where gear is the predominant factor is not skillful.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Aug 29, 2014, 11:03:49 AM
"
missuse wrote:
Dudes that one shot other dudes complaining about being one shot.

When a 2h cyclone leap slam stuns you and desyncs u to death with cyclone that is skill, but when a crit dagger flicker-whirls you than its non balance.

I am a flicker dagger, its true that in sarn arena I rule, but simply because at least 50% of players there are just messing around with sub par gear/passives/skills and yes even flasks. When I vs serious PVPers I have to use very different strategies/skills to survive and potentially get a kill.

It is true that other melee (wep and main skill) are inherently inferior to crit flicker, but so is generally melee inherently weaker to traps/ranged, but some melee win. There might be some skill involved.

But in the bottom line we are not PVPing in PoE for skill... u want to show skill, go play SC2 or whatever.

Imo PVP where gear is the predominant factor is not skillful.

I do agree, however when you spend like 2-5 more as a 2h cyclone than crit flicker and you still get fucked so easily

It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info