Raging Spirit...Little Confused

I'd go with minion damage and melee damage most of the time. There are times when faster casting and increased duration makes sense too, so I'd have them leveled up on my weapon swap.
i would suggest waiting on a SRS build if you can only afford two supporting nodes. they really need a) faster casting/spell echo; b) increased duration; and c) increased melee damage/added fire damage/faster attacks/minion damage to be very much worthwhile.

so hold on until you can get an appropriate 4-link piece to try SRS.

this is just IMHO, of course, and may not agree with others in this thread.

if you really want to press on with a 3-link, i would def socket fast casting/spell echo, and one of the other two principal supports (increased duration or increased DPS)
Last edited by Ekozz on Aug 27, 2014, 4:19:23 PM
"
Ekozz wrote:
i would suggest waiting on a SRS build if you can only afford two supporting nodes. they really need a) faster casting/spell echo; b) increased duration; and c) increased melee damage/added fire damage/faster attacks/minion damage to be very much worthwhile.

so hold on until you can get an appropriate 4-link piece to try SRS.

this is just IMHO, of course, and may not agree with others in this thread.

if you really want to press on with a 3-link, i would def socket fast casting/spell echo, and one of the other two principal supports (increased duration or increased DPS)

It's not a matter of needing higher-link gear; I've plotted out this entire character's gems, and the 3L weapon is the only piece I had room to put this on.

In fact, I have SO few spare slots, that I can't "keep the other two leveled on swap", as all 6 swap slots are taken. as is 1 of the two ring slots, which I need to get an Unset for soon.

So I REALLY only have the 2 slots to work with :).

Let me ask a different way:

Assume I have every single summon node in the tree, and mana (should) never be an issue due to Clarity. Averaging out all possible zones and map mods, which 2 supports will serve me the best in the greatest number of cases?
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Do the spirits gain damage off of spell damage? And if not, do they gain damage off increased physical damage or increased fire damage?

Yes, all the keywords are what it gets bonuses from.

VI
"
Averaging out all possible zones and map mods, which 2 supports will serve me the best in the greatest number of cases?

If you're planning on sticking SRS in a 3-link for the end-game, then you should probably not bother since you'd be better off casting one of your 4-6 link abilities instead (or just refreshing stuff like curses). But as far as importance of supports go, I'd go with Spell Echo as #1 and then Increased Duration if you don't have any duration passive nodes or one of the dps supports if you do have duration passives already as #2.
Do they benefit from weapon elemental damage? Seems like a long shot, but it would be pretty cool to amplify damage from auras and stuff.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Hasn't this been answered on the preceding page (except the WED one - but I think it doesn't boost SRS)?
They do NOT get spell damage bonuses, physical damage etc. since they're minions.
They only get bonuses from MINION nodes on the tree and from appropriate support gems.
→ http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Minion

If I had only a 3L for the spirits I'd either max spirit output by spell echo and faster casting or damage output with Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage.

I'd like to know what build you want to run SRS with that you have only 3 sockets left.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Hasn't this been answered on the preceding page (except the WED one - but I think it doesn't boost SRS)?
They do NOT get spell damage bonuses, physical damage etc. since they're minions.
They only get bonuses from MINION nodes on the tree and from appropriate support gems.

If I had only a 3L for the spirits I'd either max spirit output by spell echo and faster casting or damage output with Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage.

I'd like to know what build you want to run SRS with that you have only 3 sockets left.

A fully group-support build. I have every single (or will anyway) summon, aura, and curse node in the tree. Helmet (alpha), shield (prism), and armor will be various auras (with armor being RM + generosity + auras). boots is zombie, specter, minion life, and minion damage (yes, I know "more melee physical" is better for zombies, but it doesn't do either my flamethrowers or my shield dudes any good). gloves is either my 4 curses, curses and Rejuv Totem, or empower/enhance + above. unset ring for Lightning Warp, and if I get a 2nd good unset, Vaal Skeletons. weapon swap slots for whatever auras and curses im not running that very moment.

That leaves the 3-L weapon :)

basically, I bring auras, curses, meatshields... everything --but-- DPS to a group. Which means I can essentially group with any 5 other people at all, and be able to synergize with them very well. If my normal auras are already being run by most of them, I'll just rotate my actives.

Worked great in Ambush, going for it again in Rampage, seeing if the aura changes totally screw it... so far, it seems like it didn't, but until I get alpha/prism I won't know for certain. Still getting there though, as you may imagine, it ramps up to it's potential somewhat slowly. But for me, it's a good playstyle fit :)
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Ah, well, then I understand your lack of sockets.
With your minions already up and about, perhaps a large number of raging spirits would perhaps not be what you're after. In that case I'd link SRS to Melee Physical Damage and Minion Damage.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

A fully group-support build. I have every single (or will anyway) summon, aura, and curse node in the tree. Helmet (alpha), shield (prism), and armor will be various auras (with armor being RM + generosity + auras). boots is zombie, specter, minion life, and minion damage (yes, I know "more melee physical" is better for zombies, but it doesn't do either my flamethrowers or my shield dudes any good). gloves is either my 4 curses, curses and Rejuv Totem, or empower/enhance + above. unset ring for Lightning Warp, and if I get a 2nd good unset, Vaal Skeletons. weapon swap slots for whatever auras and curses im not running that very moment.

That leaves the 3-L weapon :)

basically, I bring auras, curses, meatshields... everything --but-- DPS to a group. Which means I can essentially group with any 5 other people at all, and be able to synergize with them very well. If my normal auras are already being run by most of them, I'll just rotate my actives.

Worked great in Ambush, going for it again in Rampage, seeing if the aura changes totally screw it... so far, it seems like it didn't, but until I get alpha/prism I won't know for certain. Still getting there though, as you may imagine, it ramps up to it's potential somewhat slowly. But for me, it's a good playstyle fit :)

sounds handfuls.
I did play this kind of summoner. zombies, spectres, skeletons on trap, animate guardian, animate weapons, vaal skeletons, convocation, flesh offering, flame totem, Arc, Clarity, AA, there is just not enough sockets! I still want to include more auras, and curse.

worked Ok in 3months HC, got her to level 69. trying to improve this playstyle in Beyond now, named her Handful :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info