[1.2] Tanky freeze pulser with possible dual curse, instant leech option, atziri capable, hc viable

Did u try to reach Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics?
Looks interesting with such block and spell block...

It would half ES and armour, but interesting how it would be in defense...
ALTERATION SHOP /STD/ 1061930
IGN: hvxBjorn
GMT: +4
Last edited by waitingfor2077 on Sep 5, 2014, 10:08:37 PM
"
heavyvoidx wrote:
Did u try to reach Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics?
Looks interesting with such block and spell block...

It would half ES and armour, but interesting how it would be in defense...

Might be possible but you would have to sacrifice something for it. Either dps or life. I'm not sure it's worth it, I don't want to have less than 5k hp and I think I'd rather just get more DPS. More DPS means things die faster, you leech more, you freeze more and you don't have to tank as much.
so, after getting to level 83, i thought to make a "review" of the build.

first of all: thank you patlefort3!

i love freezing pulse and i love being tanky, but in the past i didn't achieve to combine the two things.
you did this with this build and is amazing!

but now, let's talk about it.

i've started this build in rampage (10 deaths so far, but all of these were avoidable and happened before the transition to rathpith) and i must admit that i got very lucky with the currencies i got.
one of the problem of the build is that it require at least 2 expensive items (a 5/6l lightning coil and a rathpith), so you need to farm a little bit as a normal fp character before you transition in full tankage mode.

i've said earlier that i got very lucky and that is because in one of my piety runs (that i was doing in order to raise the currencies needed to buy a crappy rolled rathpith) i found a 6linked white staff that i sold for 8ex.
this got me in a very nice spot and i was able to buy a perfect spell block rolled rathpith for 7ex.
after that i bought a cheap lightning coil for 4c and then i managed to 6socketed and 6linked it in less than 3ex.
VERY lucky.

with this 2 items i've started my transition in max block and the next thing i got was a very nice stone of lazhwar with cold leech (bought for 6c).
this allowed me to remove life leech on my fp links.
i used cold to fire for a bit and then i swapped it for a lvl 2 empower when i got the currency to bought it (35c).

around the same time i started mapping and i swapped added cold damage for cold pen.
i did this because without double curse cold pen add visible more damage than added cold.

speaking of damage you should swap lmp for gmp as soon as you can cause the ability to shotgun of fp will make you do more damage (and the increased aoe in very nice to have).
my tooltip now with fp+gmp+empower(2)+spell echo+faster casting+cold pen and herald of ice active is around 4k which is very good in solo and nice in a 2 man party.
the best part of it is that the damage have a great consistency, because you are not scaling with crits.

another thing positive of not scaling with crits is that you will not oneshot yourself on reflect, on the contrary you will be happy when a map rolls ele reflect because with this spell block ele reflect is a complete joke for this build.
a complete joke like most of the content i faced right now (exept for a double graveyard merv).

keep in mind that i only did map until 72, but honestly i'm not concerned about the further levels, because this build is freaking solid.
to make an example, i did a -17% max resist, 90% extra fire, monster cannot be cursed villa map and i downed the boss facetanking him and potting a few times.

the unique flaw of the build is that it isn't stun immune. i've never been stunlocked, but i know it could happen with rhoas and other things so i know that i have to play carefully on certain situation.

right now the next thing i have to do is to have better es gear to remove discipline and start using temp shield and purity of cold/fire (i think i'll go fire because atziri).

current gear

current stats

i hope this feedback is useful :)

tl;dr build is amazingly good, you should roll a witch right now
Last edited by tufferugli on Sep 10, 2014, 12:13:03 PM
hi again!

i've reworked the tree a little bit.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gMeBAcEswbpB6UI9Az3DkgQWBGWFE0Wbxa_Fy8abB6BHwIfQSSqJpUnYSftKPosnC0fMjQ1kjY9NsU26TpYPC1Bh0LDRZ1JskuNTLNM_099UWBTUlVLVcZV1l3yXh9fKmHiYqxk52pDaxdsFmyMfll-4n_GgFaApIIQgh6Cx4PbhxmMNpUElSCa4J2qna6iAKKjpwipla9sr5u0xbc-uJO86sBUwfPE9sWKxq7YJNi92t3bC9-E34rfsONq44TnC-nV6-Tr7vAf87756PrS_Ev-Cv8c

i've dropped the athleticism cluster and i've took barbarism.

cons:
-i had to drop the 12% ele damage node
-athleticism gave also 5% more effect of buff

pros:
-actually dropping the 5% buff thingy is nice, because aa will consume a little less mana
-5% more life
-8% fire resist
-+1% to max fire resist

tell me what you think about it :)
"
tufferugli wrote:
hi again!

i've reworked the tree a little bit.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gMeBAcEswbpB6UI9Az3DkgQWBGWFE0Wbxa_Fy8abB6BHwIfQSSqJpUnYSftKPosnC0fMjQ1kjY9NsU26TpYPC1Bh0LDRZ1JskuNTLNM_099UWBTUlVLVcZV1l3yXh9fKmHiYqxk52pDaxdsFmyMfll-4n_GgFaApIIQgh6Cx4PbhxmMNpUElSCa4J2qna6iAKKjpwipla9sr5u0xbc-uJO86sBUwfPE9sWKxq7YJNi92t3bC9-E34rfsONq44TnC-nV6-Tr7vAf87756PrS_Ev-Cv8c

i've dropped the athleticism cluster and i've took barbarism.

cons:
-i had to drop the 12% ele damage node
-athleticism gave also 5% more effect of buff

pros:
-actually dropping the 5% buff thingy is nice, because aa will consume a little less mana
-5% more life
-8% fire resist
-+1% to max fire resist

tell me what you think about it :)

That's a pretty good idea. One could also get a 10% spell damage instead of 5% hp to compensate the 12% elem damage. 1% max fire is probably better than 5% to buffs.
if i dont want to do ele refl maps, can i go crits with this build? and power charges ofc?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
"
zeldzioszka wrote:
if i dont want to do ele refl maps, can i go crits with this build? and power charges ofc?

You'll still have to deal with occasional reflect pack. The thing with crit is that you have to invest alot into it so you will have to drop some defense. Even if you just invest a bit into it and get a bit more dps, the damage will be inconsistent. You will have to change the build around and it will become a very different build. You are free to experiment and make your own build.
Ur build is nice and not so expensive.
I follow ur passive tree and equip.
At lvl 82 punish Atziri )

And have some questions:
- to increase dps what is better catch on rings (flat bmg, cast speed, %cold dmg)
- is it good idea to get wand with good spell dmg and +2 lvl to cold gem (to op arctic armor)

thanks for your time and nice guide build.
"
dronout wrote:
Ur build is nice and not so expensive.
I follow ur passive tree and equip.
At lvl 82 punish Atziri )

And have some questions:
- to increase dps what is better catch on rings (flat bmg, cast speed, %cold dmg)
- is it good idea to get wand with good spell dmg and +2 lvl to cold gem (to op arctic armor)

thanks for your time and nice guide build.

Cast speed on ring would probably be the best. For the wand, if you manage to get such a wand it would certainly be nice, however, all the spell damage and gem level mods are prefixes, so you won't get the maximum spell damage.
I'm not sure how to approach building it with regard to passives. Should I go for all the hp and get block later or the other way around? Not sure how to do this efficiently

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info