Can't play in Windowed / Windowed Fullscreen mode, Win7 x64 (2560x1440)

Hello,

I am unable to run the game in Windowed Fullscreen or windowed mode @ 2560x1440. The error I get is "Failed resetting direct3d objects". The game works fine in fullscreen but it's a bit annoying.

I've updated dx and my drivers. I've also reinstalled and tried the independent launcher. Looks like windowed mode works with anything other than x1440 variants.

GPU: gtx780 x2, 340.52 WHQL
Last edited by Eudae2 on Aug 28, 2014, 3:57:41 PM
could be that the resolution isn't properly supported, or something else is interfering.

do you have any overlays enabled? anything that would interfere with the DirectX? external apps which inject overlays into the game (teamspeak)?
Thanks for the suggestions. I use mumble x64 1.3 w/o overlay so no issues there. In any case, I've tried running POE w/o other programs running to no avail.
Bump
What is your desktop resolution?
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
2560x1440

I realize that bumping my resolution down to 1920x1080 would likely enable me to play Windowed Fullscreen but that's not really the ideal outcome. Even then, I'll attempt it now and post the results.
Couldn't get the game to work at all when not running at my native resolution. Same error: "Failed resetting direct3d objects"
Bump!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info