Some bosses REALLY need to be re-balanced

L66 Dungeon boss (brutus on steroids?!)
All spirit quests (spawns shit right in front of you)

I really like the "new content" but it's pretty excessive. I find, for example, it quite odd that Merveil is now HARDER than Vaal...

What else should I avoid, since I'm self - found?
Avoid uber atziri if you're self found.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Aug 26, 2014, 12:00:38 PM
I never even tried regular on her.

Is it me or does GGG favor the "career" gameplayers? This game is a pain to trade items. It's a pain to xp the gems past level 17-18 if you are a family oriented with a 40+ workweek.

I'm really not trying to bitch, but a level 66 map shouldn't 1-hit kill 5454 hitpoints back to back on attempts. I just closed it. My only point is that somethings should be evaluated. I won't ever play hardcore, and I've seen enough videos where L90+ players are 1-shotted by Brut/kole-esque mobs.
"
ER_Triage wrote:
L66 Dungeon boss (brutus on steroids?!)
All spirit quests (spawns shit right in front of you)

I really like the "new content" but it's pretty excessive. I find, for example, it quite odd that Merveil is now HARDER than Vaal...

What else should I avoid, since I'm self - found?

That boss is far from the most difficult. Self-Found can do nearly any content, if you use the right builds and spend enough time farming. Summoner is a good starting build for self-found players.

And yes, PoE past a certain point is only really accessible to players putting in a LOT of hours.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
Benjamin Franklin
Last edited by Artanthos on Aug 26, 2014, 1:03:15 PM
"
ER_Triage wrote:
I find, for example, it quite odd that Merveil is now HARDER than Vaal...

I felt the same way but beware of what you wish for. They have a tendency to add rapid fire to all bosses since Dom. Vaal's upgrade might involve rapid fire of laser beam with GMP...
"
ariesdante wrote:
"
ER_Triage wrote:
I find, for example, it quite odd that Merveil is now HARDER than Vaal...

I felt the same way but beware of what you wish for. They have a tendency to add rapid fire to all bosses since Dom. Vaal's upgrade might involve rapid fire of laser beam with GMP...

Does anyone actually think Oversoul needs an upgrade? Like, let's be honest, if he gets such an upgrade, Uber Atziri is going to be impossible for everyone not running 2 million DPS with SRS or something for an insta-gib on each one....
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 26, 2014, 3:43:40 PM
My rubbish old system really hates the new Merveil. Where can you farm for better PC parts?
walking into a turbo dungeon last night expecting the same old layout and boss and getting new layout + updated brutus was a surprise to say the least.

the size of those spike circles is enormous!
you know things are odd when hailrake drops ilvl 60 items and merveil doesnt... tidal island level is 58 on mercilous merveils is like 54-55
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
you know things are odd when hailrake drops ilvl 60 items and merveil doesnt... tidal island level is 58 on mercilous merveils is like 54-55

Wha? That's always been the case. Side areas that contain optional quests (or no quests) are a higher level than main quest areas..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info