[1.2.0] Master Of Minions - No limit DPS

Video
first 30-50 seconds to build up army, from 1 min on you can see the real power of the build.
Sorry for low quality but my laptop can't keep up.

I would like to present you with this Marauder biuld I am playing since new patch (1.2.0).
I started this build out of curiosity after the recent changes to the passive skill tree but it ended up being much more powerful than I expected, so I kept perfecting and improving it and now I do run endgame maps without too much trouble.

The build is quite restrictive and expensive for the average player, it works around several items and skills that are mandatory if u want to obtain the best dmg and survivability:

Dominating Blow
Spoiler

This is the main skill to build up your minion army, once the minions spawn they get your linked support gems to their attack skills and you get rare mob's mods!
There is no cap to the number of minions u can have and with the introduction of "skill Duration" nodes you can boost your minion spawn time to a lovely 75 seconds.

Soul Taker
Spoiler

Dominating blow, if linked properly, is a huge mana drainer. Your only option is to go with Soul Taker: there is no other way to keep up with a 300 mana skill.

Block with Stone of Lazhwar and Rathpith
Spoiler

Block is an enourmous life saver if stacked properly.
These 2 items will get you to around 60-70% block and spell block. 10% extra life in Rathpith is now extremely useful.

Current Passive Tree (lvl88)

Skills
Spoiler

Attack
6L
Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Added Fire dmg + melee phy dmg + Attack Speed + Melee splash

Recall Minions
Convocation + increased duration

Auras
Spoiler

Determination: Your Armor will be quite low after gear and passives, this helps you and your minions. Make sure it is +20 for your minions

Discipline: Build works around a combination of Energy Shield + life. Discipline adds a good amount of ES to you and your minions.

Tempest shield: another 4 block to attacks and spells...Yeah!

Current Stats
Spoiler

Main
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Armor + Endurance charges, Evasion, Dodge, Block

Dominating blow
Spoiler

Current Gear
Spoiler

Advantages of the build

- Unlimited damage.
- Your dps is always scaled to minions, meaning there is not much difference on clear speed on maps 70 vs maps 78.
- High survival rate: not only block helps but consider that monsters will be busy with your minions too, u get less attacks against.
- You get mods from rares, which is awesome.
- It is Fun as hell!

Disadvantages

- Low single target dps: if you endup alone versus boss, consider skipping it.
- First few kills takes a bit of time and attention until u get to 15-20 minions.
- You need quite a bit of Intelligence to wear Rathpith, not easy as Marauder.
- You need to have a fast PC to hold 50+ minions at a time

and finally, if u a fan of Lord of the Rings..
Spoiler

I hope you like it, your comments and questions are very welcome!
Will add more information in the next days.
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 31, 2014, 4:34:05 AM
what do you say about using a 6-L lightning coil with this build?
"
ketunreika wrote:
what do you say about using a 6-L lightning coil with this build?

Would probably be ok, however consider the advantage of the Endu charges + leech + dodge of the Daresso: you receive less hits than kills so u keep charges much longer.
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 24, 2014, 1:56:34 PM
It looks like the new Three has some extra nodes for increased skill effect duration, it doesnt look like you have taken potency of will in the skilltree?

Could this build be made without soultaker and instead take reduced mana cost nodes?
"
GunHulk wrote:
It looks like the new Three has some extra nodes for increased skill effect duration, it doesnt look like you have taken potency of will in the skilltree?

Could this build be made without soultaker and instead take reduced mana cost nodes?

yes, I did take Potency of Will, forgot to update the link. :P
Regarding your second question, I doubt it is possible. Even if u go for reduced mana cost nodes and you lower down to an acceptable level the skill cost, u have to sacrifice something else like ur single dps nodes or life or block etc...I found soul taker to be the best compromise.
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 24, 2014, 3:28:42 PM
Are you sure you don't want to give this build a try? Am I the only one enjoying it?

Spoiler

Jungle Valley boss (big Spider) with Monster fracture and +118% IQ.
181 Minions, I did not blow 1 single hit to boss.

Attack
6L
Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Weapon elemental + Added Fire dmg + melee phy dmg + splash

Need to ask something about your links mate cause i'm slightly confused or just missing the obvious. Why are you using a weapon elemental gem as a mostly physical dmg character?

If I did miss something, i'm sorry for that. It just boggles my mind.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Aug 30, 2014, 4:28:30 PM
"
Vandenreich wrote:
Attack
6L
Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Weapon elemental + Added Fire dmg + melee phy dmg + splash

Need to ask something about your links mate cause i'm slightly confused or just missing the obvious. Why are you using a weapon elemental gem as a mostly physical dmg character?

Added fire dmg + Weapon elemental stacks on ur weap and minions.
But I will be willing to explore different possibilities as long as it benefits my and minions DPS, any suggestion?
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 30, 2014, 5:02:02 PM
"
sfrattini wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:
Attack
6L

But I will be willing to explore different possibilities as long as it benefits my and minions DPS, any suggestion?

Yeah but its a percentage of a percentage. Its barely noticeable. Can't you just take faster attacks or something? It should add a lot more dmg. Don't know much about minion builds but running weapon elemental on a non elemental skill can never be good. Also WED only raises the dps of a portion of your total dps where faster attacks raises your total dps. Also since you have multistrike, you get a lot more out of the 'more' multiplier. (Looked it up just incase, faster attack also works on your minions)

EDIT: Would like to say outside of this that I do think your build is great and you seem to have a lot of fun with it. Went for a FB dominating blow once, tons of fun. Should try it again with a soultaker sometime I guess.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Aug 30, 2014, 5:29:04 PM
"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
sfrattini wrote:
"
Vandenreich wrote:
Attack
6L

Yeah but its a percentage of a percentage. Its barely noticeable. Can't you just take faster attacks or something? It should add a lot more dmg. Don't know much about minion builds but running weapon elemental on a non elemental skill can never be good. Also WED only raises the dps of a portion of your total dps where faster attacks raises your total dps. Also since you have multistrike, you get a lot more out of the 'more' multiplier. (Looked it up just incase, faster attack also works on your minions)

EDIT: Would like to say outside of this that I do think your build is great and you seem to have a lot of fun with it. Went for a FB dominating blow once, tons of fun. Should try it again with a soultaker sometime I guess.

Thanks, yes this build is really fun. I have tried lots of them including Infernal Blow, RF, Molten etc... this beats them all IMHO.
Regarding Faster attacks, I did some test with it before going for elemental and the multiplier was giving me less dps. However I did not manage minions in the way I do it now, worth another try probably.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Last edited by sfrattini on Aug 30, 2014, 5:32:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info