1.2.0c AOF, Molten Strike, Herald of Ash

"
kahzin wrote:
Has anyone tried to run this build with a doryani's catalyst + shield to make it a little bit safer?

Doryani + shield works great. Its pretty much the staple for all 1h molten strike builds, especially when running avatar of fire
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
kahzin wrote:
Has anyone tried to run this build with a doryani's catalyst + shield to make it a little bit safer?

Doryani + shield works great. Its pretty much the staple for all 1h molten strike builds, especially when running avatar of fire

Thanks for info! My thought was that the overkill damage might be not high enough and I'll end up being a generic molten striker without real burning damage.
Even if it's viable tho I feel that 1h + shield isn't the way to go when 1.3 hits :D
"
kahzin wrote:
"
Kartikdon wrote:
"
kahzin wrote:

Thanks for info! My thought was that the overkill damage might be not high enough and I'll end up being a generic molten striker without real burning damage.
Even if it's viable tho I feel that 1h + shield isn't the way to go when 1.3 hits :D

I think shields will still be very valuable. Block chance is harder to get to max, but even not maxed it's powerful. Plus, there is way more +defenses from shields, and some new melee damage while holding a shield nodes. Also, speculation is that the block nerfs are counteracted by the new "counter-attack" gems, and that one of them may be a shield only gem. No one know yet, but I suspect that 1H+shield will still be very effective.
I tried to calculate the damage with the following setup:

Passive Tree (Note: I've made this build in a rush, it's no way near perfect!)

Gems (Level 20): Molten Strike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Life Leech
Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Hatred - Elemental Proliferation (From Doryani's Catalyst)

Equip:
Doryani's Catalyst, Pyre

Now the calculation: A mediocre hit with a mediocre Doryani's Catalyst: 150 Phys Damage
120 Base Damage + Added Cold Damage From Hatred + Added Fire Damage from Herald of Ash
(1.2*((150*0.36)+(150*0.15)+150) = 271 Fire Damage (After the conversion)

Base Damage * 537% Increased Physical / Fire * 49% More Phy * 59% WED
271*5,37*1,49*1,59 = 3447 Fire Damage
(Note: This is only the damage from one hit! It's not the overall DPS!)

I'd like to know if my calculation is correct. If not I'd like you to point out my mistakes. Feel also free to post your build / gear so I have other values for comparision. Thanks alot :)
Is there a Scion version of this build?
If i'm using Oro Sacrifice i need 2 take AoF?
"
Hellneken wrote:

This tree won't work with Oro's Sacrifice, physical damage nodes are worthless with it.
IGN - Peonsius
my characters/739743 - standard shop/511367
"
peonso wrote:
"
Hellneken wrote:

This tree won't work with Oro's Sacrifice, physical damage nodes are worthless with it.

nope but i adapt build for Oro's. it's not burning dmg, but pure elemental hits with a lot of projectiles and good speed. right now i got 5L Oro's (Molten-Multistrike-Faster Attack-GMP-WED). The point is increasing speed from everything. low dps (7-8k) but huge quantity of projectiles (about 30 per sec).

in 1.3 dps would be higher (about 13k)

here's my gear. it's pretty cheap
Spoiler
Last edited by Hellneken on Dec 12, 2014, 9:14:06 AM
"
Hellneken wrote:

nope but i adapt build for Oro's. it's not burning dmg, but pure elemental hits with a lot of projectiles and good speed. right now i got 5L Oro's (Molten-Multistrike-Faster Attack-GMP-WED). The point is increasing speed from everything. low dps (7-8k) but huge quantity of projectiles (about 30 per sec).

in 1.3 dps would be higher (about 13k)[/quote]

I don't see a reason to go AoF, you should keep Molten Strike at level 1, for mana reasons. The Culling on Oro's don't mess things up?
IGN - Peonsius
my characters/739743 - standard shop/511367
del
Last edited by Hellneken on Dec 15, 2014, 5:51:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info