barbarism don't add the max fire resist but decrease it

i just get the node barbarism but instead of upgrading my max fire resist it decrease it. if it's need i take a screen shop.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello,

I have a similar issue.

My fire resistance is only 92% instead of 93% with barbarism

I have :

- purity of fire lvl 20 in alpha's howl with empower (5%) + increase effects of auras (54%) + increase effect buff on you (21%) = (5 * 1.54%) * 1.21 = 9.3
- rise of the phoenix : +8%
- barbarism : +1%

75 + 1 + 8 + 9.3 = 93.3
"
Webhamstere wrote:
- purity of fire lvl 20 in alpha's howl with empower (5%) + increase effects of auras (54%) + increase effect buff on you (21%) = (5 * 1.54%) * 1.21 = 9.3

No, the increases are additive modifiers applying to the same value (effect of the aura on you), they stack additively.
5 * (1 + 0.54 + 0.21) = 5 * 1.75 = 8.75 (rounds to 8)

@grinningpit a screenshot might help, yes.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 1, 2014, 6:41:07 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

No, the increases are additive modifiers applying to the same value (effect of the aura on you)
The wording of those modifiers doesn't reflect this well. Since 'increased damage' dealt and 'target takes increased damage' (Taryn's Shiver, Shock status) affect different parts of the equation and thus stack multiplicatively, you would also expect 'increased effect of auras you cast' and 'increased buff effects on you' to work the same way. Changing the aura node wording to 'increased effect of your auras on (their?) targets' or something similar would be clearer, if the nodes actually affect the effectiveness of the aura on each target rather than the strength of the aura itself.
The biggest problem with Buff-Effects and Aura-Effects is if it is not the same target.

Player A has Increased Aura-Effects and runs an Aura. Player B benefits from this Aura and has increased effect of buffs. It is fairly hard to understand why those two effects stack additive, given that they are not from the same target.

On the other hand it would be fairly easy to understand that increased buff-effects does not stack multiplicatively with defensive addition, in this case however a Aura is first multiplied with the buff-effect and than with the defense-modifiers, which is most notable with disciplin and clarity, which both scale incredible well with their respective modifiers and aura-efficiency (and also leading to issues with exspecially clarity being a lot less useful if you are not using Aura-Nodes).
Last edited by Emphasy on Sep 2, 2014, 4:21:09 AM
Ok, thank you for your replies.
"
The wording of those modifiers doesn't reflect this well. Since 'increased damage' dealt and 'target takes increased damage' (Taryn's Shiver, Shock status) affect different parts of the equation and thus stack multiplicatively, you would also expect 'increased effect of auras you cast' and 'increased buff effects on you' to work the same way.

They both use the wording "Increased Effect". It's the same difference as Increased Phys Damage with one-handed/while dual-wielding. The wording used is internally consistent, and should tell you that it's all additive. Same wording = same modifier = additive stacking (assuming it's Increased/Reduced).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Same wording = same modifier = additive stacking (assuming it's Increased/Reduced).
Except for cases where this doesn't apply (Taryn's shiver for example), since increased damage of ability and increased damage taken by target have to stack multiplicatively. My point was that the wording of aura effect nodes makes it seem like the same applies there, but they don't actually affect the strength of the aura, instead affecting its' effect on targets, and thus stack additively with increased buff effect.
Taryn's uses different wording, namely, Increased Damage Taken. You even described the difference yourself, and this difference is reflected in the wording. The word 'Taken' is only used on defender-side multipliers such as Taryn's, Vuln and Shock.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 2, 2014, 9:30:34 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Taryn's uses different wording, namely, Increased Damage Taken. You even described the difference yourself, and this difference is reflected in the wording. The word 'Taken' is only used on defender-side multipliers such as Taryn's, Vuln and Shock.
Well, yes, that's what I've been saying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info