0.9.2g Patch Notes

I was curious as to why it was 100 mbs too. I actually came to this forum to double check to see if the patch notes in the launcher was missing stuff.

Seems a bit excessive.
Kiwi through and through.
"
Fixed a bug where monsters would drop dozens of items if they die from damage over time while regenerating life.

Well. That explains it why Detonate Dead was so good at causing this.

Was a fun bug, you guys obviously hate fun because you removed it.
To quote Chris from another thread:
"
Chris wrote:
When patching this version, if it takes a long time to grab the last 50mb, please wait it out - the patcher doesn't update progress during an individual file and there's a new 50mb shader cache in there.

I am not sure if it is the same reason as this update, but as to why it could be the case.

At this stage of development, it is probably more simple to just re-send the full file rather than working on a diff inside the patcher.

I understand that might suck for some people, but that's just the way it is right now.
"
Chris wrote:

Fixed a bug where monsters would drop dozens of items if they die from damage over time while regenerating life.

The monster wouldn't just drop multiple items it would die over and over again. meaning tons of xp.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
thanks for update,i still waiting EVENT THIS week and 0.9.3 patch ,cheers :)
"
Tasonir wrote:
Why are 3 small fixes 100mb anyways? I suppose they don't do differential patches? I mean, I don't mind, just seems like they are wasting a lot of their bandwidth though. Probably doesn't matter for a few thousand testers but when you have 100,000+ players on launch, I could see it causing problems.

The reason is because there are some tools in our build process that have somewhat non-deterministic output. That is, you run the same tool twice and you get slightly different output.

I do plan of fixing them at some point but it hasn't been high on the priority list. Especially because most patches end up changing these files anyway.

The first culprit is the minimap images. For some reason those things always come out slightly differently. The minimap adds up to 55 meg all up and some large number of them change randomly.

The second thing is the new shader database we patched in that removed the lag spikes during gameplay. It seems to change a little each time we build and that thing is 50 meg.

And last up is the client executable itself at about 6 meg.

Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
Keep up the nice flow of fixes ! =)
Great to se.
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
yea great to see.. we wait for 0.9.3 ;}
http://pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2243
^^^^^Polish Corner^^^^^
Last edited by Duszek on Nov 2, 2011, 4:06:08 PM
Jonathan wrote-

The second thing is the new shader database we patched in that removed the lag spikes during gameplay. It seems to change a little each time we build and that thing is 50 meg.

I never had any lag spikes till this patchs now its so bad I havent played since this patch went live.

Have tried all graphic settings and still unplayable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info