0.9.2g Patch Notes

This is a small maintenance patch to fix some problems while work on 0.9.3 continues!

Version 0.9.2g

Features:
  • Fixed a bug where monsters would drop dozens of items if they die from damage over time while regenerating life.
  • Fixed a server crash that would occasionally occur when using Explosive Arrow.
  • Added rate-limiting to the login server to prevent clients making too many incorrect password guesses.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Nov 6, 2011, 7:05:15 PM
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Fixed a bug where monsters would drop dozens of items if they die from damage over time while regenerating life.[/li]

Awww, now we have to earn our items the hard way ^^

No seriously, good thing that the lag-inducing mega drop has been fixed.

As always, thanks for the update ^^
Odd, my installer keeps stopping at random points in the download process. It was going at 1.4mb/s then stopped at about 50%, so I closed it, started it again and now it's stopped at 10.3%.
IRON MAN
Yeah mines crashed at random points the 10.3%

just leve it on and it dose continue and will patch to 100% :D
Hmm, apparently it's still downloading content, but the bar isn't updating.

I don't have unlimited bandwidth, you know!

EDIT: going to leave it un-updated, I really don't fancy running out of internet usage.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Oct 5, 2011, 8:46:40 PM
It looks to be for the same reason as last update. The last file is 50MB and the progress meter only updates after a file finishes. So it looks to sit there, but it will finish. No reason to think it would use up all your bandwidth.
To all folks downloading the patch feeling like their stuck.

Please note, you will be downloading files that are sometimes quite large e.g. over or around 50MB this will NOT show as a progressive download but will show as a spike minutes later.
"
Starcraft42 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Fixed a bug where monsters would drop dozens of items if they die from damage over time while regenerating life.[/li]

Awww, now we have to earn our items the hard way ^^

No seriously, good thing that the lag-inducing mega drop has been fixed.

As always, thanks for the update ^^

Damn, I would have wanted to see this.. lol.
Why are 3 small fixes 100mb anyways? I suppose they don't do differential patches? I mean, I don't mind, just seems like they are wasting a lot of their bandwidth though. Probably doesn't matter for a few thousand testers but when you have 100,000+ players on launch, I could see it causing problems.
"
Tasonir wrote:
Why are 3 small fixes 100mb anyways? I suppose they don't do differential patches? I mean, I don't mind, just seems like they are wasting a lot of their bandwidth though. Probably doesn't matter for a few thousand testers but when you have 100,000+ players on launch, I could see it causing problems.

That is actually a very interesting point you make there...

I did not notice it was 100MB b/c it only takes a few seconds to download here, but why is it 100MB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info