Constant Disconnects

"
gum13 wrote:
Constant disconnects here too. Can play for a few minutes/seconds then disconnected.

Act 3, first zone. If that makes any difference.

It's different areas for me each day. Some days I can't complete an area, some days I can't even leave town. Act 3 was where all the d/c began for me though.
same here. although I've noticed that I'm only disconnecting when I try to play on my laptop ( no issues when I'm playing on my desktop). and even then, the disconnects only started about after I'd accumulated close to an hour of game time. once they did start, they were frustratingly frequent, however. I dont have any issues with any other online games I frequently play, so I highly doubt that it's my connection. if there's anything else I can do on my end, I'm not aware of it. the real puzzle to me is why it's only spotty on my laptop. I'd understand if I was using it in unfamiliar wireless areas, but I havent tried that with PoE at this point.
Kicked with a fist!
I have been getting this tonight as well. On my desktop and on my laptop. It's weird because I haven't had any problems up until tonight.. minus the initial server issues.
This is still a major problem.
Can someone from GGG please respond? This doesn't seem to be an isolated incident and is a real show stopper for those experiencing it.

I have some suggestions that may help mitigate the problem:

1. The most obvious one - build a reconnection loop if a DC is detected. Give the client a chance to re-establish connection before the server kills the game state.

2. Upon a DC, save the location and if possible level game state of the player. When they log back in they can resume from where they left off. This would save a world of frustration.

ps. I'm an MMO game developer and live just down the road from GGG (check my email addr). I will come and set up a protest camp on your front lawn if you don't respond! j/k
Confirming this is still an issue ( a major one for me as i've lost multiple end-game map portals this way,and much exp due to lag...but thats a different issue entirely ) anyway i thought u guys fixed it like 2-3 patches ago stating it was a server side error. Well whatever the cause i hope it is fixed soon as it is making the game quite UN-enjoyable.
I am having the same issue as these guys. Constant failed to connect to instance messages for the last week at least. Started happening within the last few patches. Prior to that I never had any disconnects or even hiccups with the game. This is a gamestopping issue as previously stated.
It is sad because I really love this game. I have been complaining about this since open beta. I had sync issues in CB but it never logged me out. I have effectively stop playing and will not continue to support the game until this problem is fixed. Honestly, if this was fixed I would be willing to spend more money than I have. Dammit I really want to play this game with no issues. Uggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!
N33Dz M00R L3WTZ!!!
I'm experiencing constant disconnects too. I just installed the game and got booted 5-6 times before I could even get to the first city type area.

I switched from a wireless to a LAN wired connection to see if that would help and I had a few more minutes of play before I got booted again. I also tried connecting via OpenVPN and was still getting booted.

Seems like a cool game but I can't confirm that yet due to such frequent disconnections.
I haven't had a disconnect in...months.

What server are you guys connecting to? Does it happen if you try a different one?
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info