UI flashing

I have this issue too with an amd radeon 7800 hd, I haven't updated drivers in months thought, I will try updating
more known as: Elanif
I'm having the exact same problem, the UI layer flickers exposing the terrain underneath it.

Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 280X
Display Mode: Windowed Fullscreen/Fullscreen both have issues, toggling seems to subside problem for a little while
Resolution: 2560x1440
Vsync: Off
Shadow Quality: High
Antialiasing: High
Textures: High
Filtering: 16x
Post Processing: On
Screen Shake: off
Here's a screenshot of the skill tree open when this is happening. The mana/health globes and stuff are there every other frame. To be honest it really hurts my eyes and makes it really hard to play when the UI flickers.

I'm having the same problem approximately half of the time I start up the client. I've found the only fix to be restarting the client. Like many of the posters in this thread I also have an R9(270x). Over the past few days this problem has been starting randomly in game- having to restart the client randomly is seriously hurting playability.
Im starting to see a pattern here...Im also on an AMD card (Xeon 1230+R9 290), and Im getting this from time to time. Alt+Tab normally fixes it, if not the first time, the 2nd or 3rd will. Important tho: ONLY if it's set to Fullscreen. Windowed or Windowed fullscreen won't do, you have to set the game to fullscreen, alt+tab, problems gone, set the screen to whatever you had before.

It's only the GUI, everything else works fine. It also only happens when starting the game, once I alt+tab it's gone for the session.

...ofc on my shitty notebook with a nvidia 650M this never happens.
AMD Radeon HD 78xx series.

I have display drivers installed and not the shitty software.
Are you guys also not using the software?

By the way, switching from Fullscreen Windowed into Fullscreen seems to fix the issue.
Last edited by Immoteph on Oct 20, 2014, 1:16:45 PM
Yep, switch to fullscreen and back, or vise versa and it should fix the problem. Been happening to me quite a bit recently.
Just had this happen to me I think lol everythings updated here but it happened on the load screen, went to desktop and all of steam was flickering. First time experiencing a flicker.
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info