UI flashing

My game ui flashes periodically and when I open up any menu it flashes constantly. It looks like the ui disappears completely in the flashes. I have no idea why it does this. It didn't happen before. My hardware shouldn't be the issue but I am running on Windows 8. I am using a i5 4670k cpu and r9 280x with 3 gb, 8 gb RAM.
Last edited by BlueBerryMuffin on Aug 22, 2014, 12:07:31 AM
Bump...
Hey BlueBerryMuffin,

Can you please try Verifying your Game Files? You are also welcome to check that your display drivers are fully updated and tweak your in-game graphical options down (including your resolution) and see if this helps.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Bug report reference # 604891591

I too have had flashing UI layer of graphics today (first time I've been on since patch yesterday).

I've got an AMD10 cpu with R7 chipset, on Win 8.1
This flashing has never happened before, and it was worse in Lioneye, upon game start up. The character list box at character selection was also flashing, when I logged in.

Tried changing all my settings in game options, and screen resolution, no change in flicker.

Amusingly tho, the flashing stopped when I Alt/Tabbed to come here to post.

We'll see how it goes from here.
I did the Verify Game Cache on Steam. It showed no errors.

I checked my graphic driver and the latest update was last year. http://www.msi.com/support/vga/R9_280X_GAMING_3G.html#down-driver&Win8 64.
Windows has no updates on it either.

My resolution is 1280x720, windowed mode.
Shadow Quality: High
AntiAliasing Quality: High
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: 2x Anisotropic Filtering
Vsync: On
Post Processing: On
Screen Shake: Off

The last two times I opened it, it hasn't been flashing though. I have no idea what causes this.
"
I did the Verify Game Cache on Steam. It showed no errors.

I checked my graphic driver and the latest update was last year. http://www.msi.com/support/vga/R9_280X_GAMING_3G.html#down-driver&Win8 64.
Windows has no updates on it either.

My resolution is 1280x720, windowed mode.
Shadow Quality: High
AntiAliasing Quality: High
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filtering: 2x Anisotropic Filtering
Vsync: On
Post Processing: On
Screen Shake: Off

The last two times I opened it, it hasn't been flashing though. I have no idea what causes this.

The latest driver you would get from AMD/ATI

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages

From april this year, and there is a beta driver for august this year
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Yeah.. in most cases, you should be downloading the drivers from the chipset manufacturer and not the card manufacturer. Their drivers are a lot more updated and generally work with most branded cards based on their chipset.

IE: If you have a Radeon card, those are build by AMD, so you should be getting the Radeon drivers directly from the AMD site. If you have a GeForce card, those are build by Nvidia and you should be getting the GeForece drivers directly from the Nvidia site.

The exception to this is with some OEM style cards like things that are shipped with Dell systems where they lock in a specific card/manufacturer deal. I had this issue with a Dell laptop with an Intel video card. Couldn't download the drivers from Intel because the card was special-built for Dell only.

Good luck.
same bug with r9 270x, but it seems that new catalyst drivers are known for having texture issues.
I had same problem, for now looks like its gone after installing most recent drivers: 14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe
Having the same problem. Running an i5 3550 and R9 280x. Drivers are all up-to-date and just reinstalled the game the day before Forsaken Masters patched in. It happens sporadically, sometimes as soon as I start the game, or starts in the middle of a long play session. I can make it stop by repeatedly closing/opening the game, but its taken as many as 10 relaunches to get it to stop flickering.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info