[1.2.0] Dreamfeather: Post-Mortem

It really is a cool weapon, but it desperately needs the additive physical % with evasion tinkered with.

30k Evasion is only like 60 or some odd additive physical damage.
"
PoofGoof wrote:
It really is a cool weapon, but it desperately needs the additive physical % with evasion tinkered with.

its not physical damage, its all damage. thats why people are scaling elemental with it.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
"
TheEnforcer wrote:
"
PoofGoof wrote:

its not physical damage, its all damage. thats why people are scaling elemental with it.

Oh!

Makes it much more interesting then.

I completely misread it!

Even so, it could use a little buff, imho.

Not as much as I was initially thinking, but a wee bit! Just a smidgen!
Has your opinion of it changed over the months or after getting to use it in game? Is there a post-mortem post-mortem?
Last edited by PolarisOrbit on Dec 7, 2014, 12:04:35 AM
With the new 1.3 tree, I see some weirdo combination using the Dreamfeather with Dyadus ... especially those crazy templar's celestial nodes, and that duelist main hand/off hand node.

Too bad the new league is coming, and I don't think I could afford another Dreamfeather anytime soon. >_>;
"
Lyralei's Duskveil
Assassin's Garb
50% less maximum Life and Energy Shields
375-475 Evasion Rating
150-200% Increased Local Evasion Rating
70% increased Physical Damage Reduction
15% Chance to Dodge Spells

1% increased Physical Damage for every 200 points of Evasion Rating.
15% chance to Blind enemies on Hit(?)

Man, this should have made it into the game...

How is it that Lightning Coil and Cloak of Defiance are perfectly fine, but this was somehow impossible to work into the game without nerfing it completely? They would have made a nice little defensive trio.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
"
SaintSoLo wrote:
"
Lyralei's Duskveil
Assassin's Garb
50% less maximum Life and Energy Shields
375-475 Evasion Rating
150-200% Increased Local Evasion Rating
70% increased Physical Damage Reduction
15% Chance to Dodge Spells

1% increased Physical Damage for every 200 points of Evasion Rating.
15% chance to Blind enemies on Hit(?)

Man, this should have made it into the game...

How is it that Lightning Coil and Cloak of Defiance are perfectly fine, but this was somehow impossible to work into the game without nerfing it completely? They would have made a nice little defensive trio.

I would argue that the chest armor isn't inherently needed, it just overlaps all of the current "meta" things in path of exile all into one chest with a slight flair.
Has anyone come up with a dual dreamfeather build?
would be pretty interesting to mass evasion, hp, and something else to increase overall dps
"
Has anyone come up with a dual dreamfeather build?
would be pretty interesting to mass evasion, hp, and something else to increase overall dps

How about evasion, hp, and aura power?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I started to get excited about the viability of Dreamfeather + shield with the new increased shield defenses nodes, but then there was this:

"
Chris wrote:
The evasion values of dexterity shields have been reduced.

*Sigh* I'm looking forward to seeing the new uniques, though. And how about the potential of that community designed unique?

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info