Massively Reveals: Tora, Master of the Hunt and Beyond League

https://poebuilder.com/
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Anarack wrote:
Hey look invaders are back :3

The key difference this time is that they only spawn based on player behaviour. If you start to see portals appearing too close together, you can take measures to hold off dangerous things spawning. It makes the fights a lot more tense because you're in control of whether you have a hard boss fight or not. It's crazy fun, though :D

While the idea sounds very interesting I am curious as to how close creep needs to be from one another to trigger the portal spawn.
I get the whole idea of be in control of your content, however from what little information is given about the portals mechanics all I get from it is that the league will play at a much slower pace if my character can not handle the bosses that spawn from the portals.

I mean, the concept is sound, however I'm not sure that playing an ARPG at the pace of a chess game is what I was looking for when new leagues were announced.

Again, time will tell but the HC league does not appeal as much as I had hopped for.

Other than that the new expansion is definitely going to give PoE some much deserved attention.
Last edited by Brainzee on Aug 16, 2014, 4:07:06 AM
Played summoner, ST, dual totems in the past seasons, so it is time for a bow user, I think! Rampage, though, since I still want that L90 achievement in a softcore league before tackling HC, and my Ambush attempt fizzled out at 87.

My only concern is maps (map pool), everything else looks really promising.
I have been lurking this forum for almost 2 years now and thought that it's finally time for my first post by thanking the whole "Gring Gear Games" team for their great ARPG.

-new skill gems
-new skilltree (that looks very well designed)
-2 new leagues
-new crafting system that promises a very satifactory balance
-new skillgem balance for manacost and base damage
-new grafics on some skills
-new microtransactions for all the other dudes except me :).

Your game became better and better over the time no matter what some critics may say. I don't want to go back to any of the previous versions because the latest are always the most "complete" ones as well. And yeah, let's remember that we get this "mini" expansion for free. I haven't payed anything besides from stashtabs which makes me a bad supporter but I'm happy beeing a good fan :).

The new Beyond League system seems promising. I like the idea of beeing able to control my destiny. It seems fair that I can choose not to escalate the situation but might be at a later stage, when my char is slightly overleveled for the zone. The question for me personally remains how often those "initial" portals occure. I hope that you have found a good balance between the usual carnage (that we all love) and the "oh shit" moments (that we all fear).

Faikes

Last edited by Faikes on Aug 17, 2014, 3:19:19 AM
for some reason I feel like beyond is more suited for sc while rampage is more suited for hc... haha

edited : reason is since hc people choose do die as few as possible (0) they would not try to spawn the hard mob in beyond.
Last edited by TyranceGreyharts on Aug 17, 2014, 8:39:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info